Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So are Mechagnomes Androids or Cyborgs?

Look at the one mounted.

Looks fully mechanized to me, at most, he has vital organs like Robocop but the outside, looks fully mechanical. Where is the line drawn on the customization and lore for these guys? It looks like some can be just heads on full android bodies, some are just gnomes with mechanical prosthetic parts, but again, that one looks full blown android. Do we even know? Is it explained in Mechagon? I haven't progressed that far in it yet, and besides, I hardly read quest text.

Cyborg. It seems like the big thing that separates them is whether the brain is mechanized, where they kind of lose their "humanity" (gnomanity?)

I also can't get over that the mount is a giant pair of legs. At long last, the top sheft will be ours!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Cyborg. The head is actually a helmet, or at least treated as one ingame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt that the Heritage armor though? So its just a helm and they are clearly cyborgs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The mounted one is wearing their heritage armor.

Oh... makes sense. All right, then!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Look at the one mounted.

Looks fully mechanized to me, at most, he has vital organs like Robocop but the outside, looks fully mechanical. Where is the line drawn on the customization and lore for these guys? It looks like some can be just heads on full android bodies, some are just gnomes with mechanical prosthetic parts, but again, that one looks full blown android. Do we even know? Is it explained in Mechagon? I haven't progressed that far in it yet, and besides, I hardly read quest text.
    They are cyborgs. Only King Mechagon himself was 100% mechanized.

And that's actually a helmet (most likely in this case, their heritage armor). If you clip the camera through hostile mechagnomes in the zone/dungeon wearing it, there is actually a full fleshy gnome head underneath.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Cyborg. It seems like the big thing that separates them is whether the brain is mechanized, where they kind of lose their "humanity" (gnomanity?)

I also can't get over that the mount is a giant pair of legs. At long last, the top sheft will be ours!
    And yet I am reminded of the Wallace and Gromit short

I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The real question is, have you all reserved your funny meme names? I got Annedroid and Ottomatik on my server, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    They are cyborgs. Only King Mechagon himself was 100% mechanized.

And that's actually a helmet (most likely in this case, their heritage armor). If you clip the camera through hostile mechagnomes in the zone/dungeon wearing it, there is actually a full fleshy gnome head underneath.
    Shows how much I pay attention. lol Thanks for further clarification!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    The real question is, have you all reserved your funny meme names? I got Annedroid and Ottomatik on my server, how about you?
    Those are clever, especially Annedroid for a female Mechagnome and Ottomatik for a male. I have my Vulpera name reserved but not Mechagnome, still trying to figure out what I want to pun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shows how much I pay attention. lol Thanks for further clarification!

- - - Updated - - -

Those are clever, especially Annedroid for a female Mechagnome and Ottomatik for a male. I have my Vulpera name reserved but not Mechagnome, still trying to figure out what I want to pun.
    Sure thing.

I have my mechagnome names reserved but they're not puns so much as proper gnome names. But I can't lie, Ottomatik and Annedroid are adorable.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    They would be cyborgs.

They literally can't be androids since they start organic.

Android is a robot with a "human appearance."

They are cyborgs, by definition.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    They would be cyborgs.

That's a /thread answer right there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

That's correct, gnomanity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    I opted for non-pun gnomish names, but I really like those. Clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    That's a /thread answer right there.

- - - Updated - - -

That's correct, gnomanity.

- - - Updated - - -

I opted for non-pun gnomish names, but I really like those. Clever.
    Yep, I'll take it. The helmet was misleading, it looked like a head to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I'll take it. The helmet was misleading, it looked like a head to me!
    Same here when I first saw them.

They would be cyborgs.

Human male, even. Female would be a Gynoid. Wouldn't actually have to be mechanical, though.

Which is also why they cannot possibly be androids. They're gnome-like, not human.

When they still have parts of their face, they're a cyborg. If not, then fully mechanized, so an android.

- - - Updated - - -

They would be cyborgs.

In the Mechagon storyline it is made clear that some of them have been replaced by robot parts so much, that they are 99.99% robot and even the Mechagnomes themselves wonder if there is any soul left in them. If they are mechanized 99.99%, then certainly there wouldn't be, as even if that 0.01% was brain matter, it wouldn't be enough to even constitute a living being. It would just be insignificant leftover flesh. That's the whole creepy thing about these Mechagnomes. Some of them have been replaced completely, at which point it is the equivalent of killing of a person and building a robot replacement.

5+ Year Old Account
    They are people who lost limbs to stupid acts of criminal surgeon.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tihani View Post
    When they still have parts of their face, they're a cyborg. If not, then fully mechanized, so an android.

- - - Updated - - -

In the Mechagon storyline it is made clear that some of them have been replaced by robot parts so much, that they are 99.99% robot and even the Mechagnomes themselves wonder if there is any soul left in them. If they are mechanized 99.99%, then certainly there wouldn't be, as even if that 0.01% was brain matter, it wouldn't be enough to even constitute a living being. It would just be insignificant leftover flesh. That's the whole creepy thing about these Mechagnomes. Some of them have been replaced completely, at which point it is the equivalent of killing of a person and building a robot replacement.
    When they're fully robotic, they're just robots since they don't really have anything in common with gnomes anymore. An android has to be created from the start as a synthetic being. So mechagnomes are cyborgs unless they have no organic matter left, in which case they become robots.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Tihani View Post

- - - Updated - - -

An android is by definition a robot made to look human or in this case gnome.
    If you take a person and make them a robot, they can never be an android. Robot yes, android no.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code