Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Quality > Quantity. You are better off waiting another three months for WoD to be perfected before release rather than having it come out three months early and people complain about it not being perfect.
    Wanting the expansion out sooner then September 23rd-December 20th is not asking for the product to be rushed. It is asking for blizzard to have better project management skills and to deliver a quality finished product long before the last major content update is over a YEAR old.

This is not hard to understand... at all.

I'm just more annoyed they keep making the same mistakes over and over, t14 was really freaking short, t15 could have been dragged out another few months easily as well.
    Those extra months hurt like hell at the end of the expac.

I am curious how much of the mop content was banked by them abandoning cata straight after 4.3 release (there weren't even bug fixes or tuning changes just the % nerfs go check the old hotfix note blogs if you don't believe me) compared to 5.4 which is being maintained pretty well.
    Last edited by yeryerdude; 2014-03-13 at 05:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quality > Quantity. You are better off waiting another three months for WoD to be perfected before release rather than having it come out three months early and people complain about it not being perfect.
    oh yeah "rushed".. to have again more than 1 year without anything new for pve, yes its really rushed..doh! and i did not remember any of blizzard releases that were perfect, no matter how long does the development take.

Deleted
    nobody is asking for rushed expansion, but for less time between them.
    Why couldn't they start making WoD earlier? spread the tiers more even? or leave one team in MoP for some additional content?

Quote Originally Posted by yeryerdude View Post
    I'm just more annoyed they keep making the same mistakes over and over, t14 was really freaking short, t15 could have been dragged out another few months easily as well.
    Those extra months hurt like hell at the end of the expac.

I am curious how much of the mop content was banked by them abandoning cata straight after 4.3 release (there weren't even bug fixes or tuning changes just the % nerfs go check the old hotfix note blogs if you don't believe me) compared to 5.4 which is being maintained pretty well.

Well I think this is creating part of the problem as well. The first tier was way too short, there was still plenty enough going on to keep people playing. ToT was a bit better in length but I think they could of stretched it out a bit more as well. The realy culprit in my mind though is the fact that there should of been a 5.5 ( I'm pretty sure it was in the original plans) and they cut it. So you get in too big of a hurry in the first two tiers and then cut one whole patch, and instead of there being a 6-8 month lull, your going to be looking at a 12 month one. Bad timing really put them in a bind imo.

You are going to see subs drop, I mean I came back expecting a summer release based on the things they were saying about everything being farther along than MoP, more people working on the game, etc. to try and get a bit more cash made, some unleveled characters finished and so on. I'm not gonna need til october or so to get that done so even I will probably unsub again before release.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    when has blizzard ever rushed the release of something?

Don't they always release it when its done, not when the community wants it.
    Cata. That bug-ridden heap of crap was pushed out before Christmas, when it was clear to everyone it needed at least another month or two of testing. The Blizzard of "it's ready when it's ready" is a memory, it no longer exists. The main thing they look at these days is when other games release, and when the end of quarters are.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As far as I am concerned, people can pressure Blizzard all they want. They can even do so by cancelling their subs. A poster here said it is a fact that when many people cancel, they will work faster and we all now that random MMO C posters know all the facts.

Will Blizzard bother? Who knows. Just because a handful cry on the forums how they have nothing to do or thinks they have a right to a certain release date because apparently Blizzard promised it, doesn't make it happen 1 day faster. And they sure won't say "Hey, here is your x-pac, we rushed it because you whined.

Wether it is a rushed release for summer or the "at the latest in Dec 2014 - people will find something to complain about. Hell, I swer if it is a September release we will find a thread here calling that rushed after all and pointing to shortcomings because of that.

- - - Updated - - -

...yeah, well..everybody is an expert on how it is NOT done, right. "Just be ...better..."

I'm not sure they will rush the expansion itself too much, but if subs start dropping too much and participation starts dropping like a rock it wouldn't shock me to see 6.0 pushed out sooner than they wanted under the guise of wanting to get more bulk testing.

I may kindly remind you that they promised to give a sooner than expected release in Blizzcon. Now what players get is "WoD won't come out until September". I don't think running SoO for another six months would be a smart way to entertain players, let alone the bleeding of subscription will be totally anticipated.
    Now I may say, Blizzard lies to the public because they say something they can't really do. However, some Blizzard defenders feel alright because they get accustomed to Blizzard's way, so they stand out and cry" why you guys so impatient, heh? don't you know our Blizzard king always care about his players so he delays the release? You know all goodies for who waits and all kinds of that stuff. But I say that doesn't change the fact that Blizzard has failed its promise. So guys, pull yourself together, you should be happy about Daddy Blizzard 'cause they give you BOOSTING 90, isn't that wonderful?

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=det;25888492]As far as I am concerned, people can pressure Blizzard all they want. They can even do so by cancelling their subs. A poster here said it is a fact that when many people cancel, they will work faster and we all now that random MMO C posters know all the facts.

Will Blizzard bother? Who knows. Just because a handful cry on the forums how they have nothing to do or thinks they have a right to a certain release date because apparently Blizzard promised it, doesn't make it happen 1 day faster. And they sure won't say "Hey, here is your x-pac, we rushed it because you whined.

Wether it is a rushed release for summer or the "at the latest in Dec 2014 - people will find something to complain about. Hell, I swer if it is a September release we will find a thread here calling that rushed after all and pointing to shortcomings because of that.

- - - Updated - - -Excellent, let's say we keep SoO running for another two years so we have a PERFECT WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    Cataclysm. Various zones like Silithus were supposed to get updates but were cut due to time restraints.
    Originally they didn't plan to update that many zones, they just felt it was necessary after seeing the difference it made. It took a lot of development time from high-end content, though. Firelands + Abyssal Maw were supposed to be there for 4.1, and I'm sure they scrapped a lot of ideas for Dragon Soul because of this as well.

While i agree with you, I highly doubt and i would even bet money that balance will be bad as always when WoD hits live servers. The first weeks/month will be terribly unbalanced even with 6 month of beta.
    <inactive>

Well that is one way of looking at it.

Maybe the players don't want wod released before it is finished... but are they complaining about the very slow development?
    The team has been (almost) doubled; Blizzard stating faster releases... and what do we get?
    Probably a very very long wait.

Nobody wants a unfinished product... I think what players want is exactly what Blizzard promised.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    Why couldn't they start making WoD earlier? spread the tiers more even? or leave one team in MoP for some additional content?
    I think the intent was there to release WoD earlier, but I guess it just didn't pan out well. WoD is looking like it might be one of the biggest expansions yet, and I am a believer that a more seamless experience is better even with a longer wait. It's a reason I liked Nintendo when I was younger. The games took forever to come out, but they were unrivaled when it came to polish and such.

Deleted
    The game will most likely be ready by the start of summer but there is no way in hell they would release it then. This is why we have a Fall release now, Not because it wont be ready but because they will not release a new expansion in the summer months.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I think the intent was there to release WoD earlier, but I guess it just didn't pan out well. WoD is looking like it might be one of the biggest expansions yet, and I am a believer that a more seamless experience is better even with a longer wait. It's a reason I liked Nintendo when I was younger. The games took forever to come out, but they were unrivaled when it came to polish and such.
    I also think that some things where harder to get implemented as they initially thought.
    but, while we wait longer, don't you think they should put out some sort of content?
    Or do you think we should keep running SoO as long as it takes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    The game will most likely be ready by the start of summer but there is no way in hell they would release it then. This is why we have a Fall release now, Not because it wont be ready but because they will not release a new expansion in the summer months.
    So in your opinion they lied on purpose about releasing it sooner than players expected or releasing before/during summer, as was said during blizzcon?

Deleted
    I think it's the lack of content between now and the release that bothers people. There will be no new raids, no new lfr, no new dungeons or scenarios (most likely). If I get bored, I will unsubscribe for a while and then come back for the expansion.

But yes: quality > quantity.

Deleted
    yep, thats why we will pay more! just to wait more!

Deleted
    So in your opinion they lied on purpose about releasing it sooner than players expected or releasing before/during summer, as was said during blizzcon?
    No i don't. I am not arguing that it is not late but i think they were hoping for April/May launch back at Blizzcon and now its ran over into the summer months they are holding it back for Fall.

the time between last raid patch and expansion should be roughly the length of time between raid content patches. maybe a little extra. i think most folks could accept 6-8 months, but not 12-14 months.

i'm hoping that with the staff they have in place that we will never again get a 12+ month raid content patch

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I also think that some things where harder to get implemented as they initially thought.
    but, while we wait longer, don't you think they should put out some sort of content?
    Or do you think we should keep running SoO as long as it takes?

- - - Updated - - -

I think raiders have it tougher than anyone with this wait. Or people who just PVE on timeless. I mainly PVP, with a little raiding on the side. So my interest is still intact.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    THIS. Mainly the last point. One small team could have easily made another raid. Especially with an increase in the workforce.
    Graviity