Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Red Heathsteed mount should be a reward for Legend rank in Hearthstone

Quote from hearthstone wiki:

Beyond Rank 1 is a special rank: Legend.

Once you hit the Legend rank, it cannot be lost until the season ends.
    Legend rank will have a big number in the middle of the icon – this tells you your exact rank in your region!

They should make this mount as a reward for people who got Legend rank in Hearthstone. What do you think?

Deleted
    I wouldn't be surprised if this will be the promotion mount for playing X-amount of games in Heroes of the Storm.

And honestly I think that would be great!

I'd rather they just gave the option for which one you wanted, or red to horde and blue to alliance.
    "Anyone who thinks controlling people is a science is dead wrong: It's an art."
    Jim Profit - the greatest tv villain you've (probably) never seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Arziko View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if this will be the promotion mount for playing X-amount of games in Heroes of the Storm.

The Stormcrow mount is more likely to be connected to HotS than a red Hearthsteed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    They should make this mount as a reward for people who got Legend rank in Hearthstone. What do you think?
    Can you even imagine how much bitching would be goin on if the mount for obtaining a legendary rank would just be a recolour of the "first" hearthsteed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLordDariusCrowley View Post
    The Stormcrow mount is more likely to be connected to HotS than a red Hearthsteed.
    http://community.us.playstation.com/...v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Infracted, post constructively.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-03-13 at 05:23 PM.

How would you feel if killing Garrosh on heroic would give you a portrait for StarCraft as a reward? Or what if the reward for those achievements in raid was a special colored cardback in HS?

It's ok to do some crossgame rewards as a promotion, but it makes no sense to have the reward for the most difficult thing in one game, be something for another game (that you might not even play).

Quote Originally Posted by Arziko View Post

Actually like this idea better than the OP's, Legend rank far as I know already gets a reward, don't need to give them more than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    How would you feel if killing Garrosh on heroic would give you a portrait for StarCraft as a reward? Or what if the reward for those achievements in raid was a special colored cardback in HS?

It's ok to do some crossgame rewards as a promotion, but it makes no sense to have the reward for the most difficult thing in one game, be something for another game (that you might not even play).
    Your post makes sense, but hearthstone is very close to wow, and is pretty much a mini-game set in the same universe. So that could be the reasoning behind having the mount rewards for wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the incentive to get mounts in wow is very high. Now that Blizz knows people will play hearthstone for goodies. It is a good possibility the red steed will be from some type of achievement involving hearthstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Your post makes sense, but hearthstone is very close to wow, and is pretty much a mini-game set in the same universe. So that could be the reasoning behind having the mount rewards for wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the incentive to get mounts in wow is very high. Now that Blizz knows people will play hearthstone for goodies. It is a good possibility the red steed will be from some type of achievement involving hearthstone.
    Not at all to your first point. Hearthstone is an F2P game and will overtime attract millions of players with 0 interest in WoW - a lot of them will be TCG/CCG players very likely to go for Legend at some point too. The rewards in hearthstone are already lacking enough without making them require to buy and pay a subscription for another game to actually receive the most prestigious award in the game.

Blue pony is fine, red pony could be for winning 3+ in an arena run or something like that without affecting HS players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post

There actually is an in game reward for hitting legend rank already. Starting with this season, you'll unlock a new animated card back for achieving legend rank that is viewable by you and everyone you play against. I wouldn't mind if it was tied to that, but it might also make more sense to tie it to its first expansion or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Not at all to your first point. Hearthstone is an F2P game and will overtime attract millions of players with 0 interest in WoW - a lot of them will be TCG/CCG players very likely to go for Legend at some point too. The rewards in hearthstone are already lacking enough without making them require to buy and pay a subscription for another game to actually receive the most prestigious award in the game.

Blue pony is fine, red pony could be for winning 3+ in an arena run or something like that without affecting HS players.
    I think it has to do with incentive for wow players to play. Not the other way around. Blue steed was just a test imo to see how many people would try and get it. The red will be more prestigious and likely take a lot of effort and possibly having to spend some money in the process. This is my theory looking at it from a business point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I think it has to do with incentive for wow players to play. Not the other way around. Blue steed was just a test imo to see how many people would try and get it. The red will be more prestigious and likely take a lot of effort and possibly having to spend some money in the process. This is my theory looking at it from a business point of view.
    12 arena run then? Provided a HS reward is added too
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by MrLordDariusCrowley View Post

True, if we get a WoW mount from Heroes of the Storm, I'm willing to bet it's the Stormcrow. However, the way the HoTS post made it seem is that paying for a skin/champion during the beta doesn't reward you a WoW mount, but rather a unique HoTS mount. Or did I just miss something?

Also, because of its darker/coaly stone body and the red flames, it could easily just be some kind of lava/magma boss drop/achievement drop/rare drop/etc. in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    12 arena run then? Provided a HS reward is added too
    I have no clue, but I think hearthstone coming out now was to ease the wait for SOO a bit as well.

Shouldve just gave the red one to the horde and the blue one to the allys which i have a feeling was the plan all along.

But im sure they will use the red one as another promotional mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Richiebcfc25 View Post
    Shouldve just gave the red one to the horde and the blue one to the allys which i have a feeling was the plan all along.

But im sure they will use the red one as another promotional mount.

But it's a steed made of Hearthstone material. I've never seen a black and red Hearthstone. I don't get where people get this 'I'm sure Horde was supposed to get the red one' idea from. Just because Horde prefers red stuff doesn't mean they were ever gonna get a red Hearthsteed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Red Hearthsteed = Stormsteed. Win 3 games in Heroes of the Storm.

They held it back and only went with the blue one to see just how many people they got to try out Hearthstone, and how many of those people continue to play and spend money on the game. If the results were positive, we'll be seeing the 'Stormsteed' as a reward for HotS.

Another idea: Red Hearthsteed will be tied to playing Hearthstone on a mobile device when it launches for iOS.
    Last edited by ACES; 2014-03-13 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Red Hearthsteed = Stormsteed. Win 3 games in Heroes of the Storm.

They held it back and only went with the blue one to see just how many people they got to try out Hearthstone, and how many of those people continue to play and spend money on the game. If the results were positive, we'll be seeing the 'Stormsteed' as a reward for HotS.

Another idea: Red Hearthsteed will be tied to playing Hearthstone on a mobile device when it launches for iOS.
    This seems highly likely, if not this, some sort of reward will likely be offered again.

The blue pony is fine but any rewards with the status of legendary rank should be ingame for hearthstone players to enjoy.