Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    skins and looks are ok, but you should not be forced to pay for some specific heroes or abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroicMythic View Post
    skins and looks are ok, but you should not be forced to pay for some specific heroes or abilities.
    pretty sure you dont pay for specific abilities. Also the most popular game in the genre LoL sells heroes the same way HotS plans to, so majority opinion is that its ok to sell heroes using this format. You can still do dailies and win matches to earn gold to buy your favorite heroes first, and the more you play the faster youll unlock all the heroes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post

There are a couple skins that cost over 3000 RP, over $20 each,
    There's more than one over 3000RP skin? Can you please list the skins that cost more than 3000RP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demez View Post
    There's more than one over 3000RP skin? Can you please list the skins that cost more than 3000RP?
    Spirit Guard Udyr and Pulsefire Ezreal.

It'd be easier to take these posts seriously if they weren't riddled with misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Dota ripoff
    As others have pointed out, no. Just, no.

that basicly relies on the Warcraft IP to be a succes.
    It uses heroes/characters from all of their IPs. Nice spelling btw.

this game will probably not bring a lot of new things to the MOBA genre
    As an alpha tester who also played LoL, Dota and Dota 2 extensively I can assure you that you are very much mistaken in this assumption. I can think of two fundamental changes off the top of my head that drastically differentiate HotS from these other mobas - no items & team based xp/kda.

If i recall, Riot games skins cost 2,50 and heroes cost 5 bucks max
    Your memory is really bad.

Or am i missing something huge here?
    Yes, you're missing a lot of things. Next time try to be at least somewhat informed before making a post like this.

I just got in the alpha today. If those are the prices of things, then count me out. Talk about overpriced...

Considering you can eventually buy everything with gold, long before you hit level 40...

And skins are nothing but skins...

You aren't forced to buy a single thing.

If you think it's over priced, don't play it. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Considering you can eventually buy everything with gold, long before you hit level 40...

And skins are nothing but skins...

You aren't forced to buy a single thing.
    I'm a huge supporter of this game but this statement is way off. It would take roughly 242ish days of dailies to buy every hero currently in game. Hitting level 40 will give you roughly 28.6k gold. You need about 135k to buy every hero. Skins can't be bought with gold so that's out of the question.

Adding a source:
    "Gold Unlocks By Level Range
    Starting at level 5, you will earn Gold for each skill up to spend in the shop on heroes. Once you've hit level 40, you will have obtained 28,600 Gold. To purchase the 23 currently available Heroes, it would cost you 135,000 Gold. Thankfully, there's still dailies to be done which, on average, give you 438 Gold. So, as the way things are now, you're looking at 242 dailies to complete your collection."
    http://www.heroesnexus.com/news/1063...er-progression
    Last edited by Tewhot; 2014-05-11 at 08:42 PM.

Deleted
    I do not think that this will be an over-priced LoL, but they are both over-priced Dota2's.
    I would imagine that HoTs would be the better option between the two of them if you had to pick though (you cant compare them to Dota2 fairly, it is way ahead in fairness to the customers and balance out of the currently released games) as Riot can not balance for shit, or make new characters interesting (from Morello's mouth).

The major thing I dislike about HoTs is that it is not faithful to Blizzards source material at all, its like they gave their shit to some interns and said 'Make $kins, go crazy, disregard in game lore'. Also their price model is shitty compared to other 'similar' games on the market, which is a real shame because it looks like Blizzard has some genuinely good ideas on where to take the genre, if I have the option to turn off all the shitty cosmetics (such as Illidan on a pony, fuck that 'LOL SO RANDUMB AND EPIC XDXD' shite, he would not do it, end of, its not even fucking funny to anyone above 11) Then that would be great.

Going to take a look at it when it comes out, I really do not see them holding my attention though sadly, because I really wanted to like this. I have no huge issues with 'Pay to not grind' models at all, as long as the time to unlock the heroes I want with game play does not take long. Not going to spend a dime on it though, which is weird as if all heroes where there by default for everyone, I actually would spend a bit of cash on a skin every once in a while, kind of as a thank you to Blizzard.

Looking forward to playing Brightwing, Tyrael and LiLi so far, they seem right up my alley.
    Last edited by mmocbee66edd6f; 2014-05-25 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the game underwhelming. Compared to DOTA2 and LOL it just feels like a dumbed down version of those games. It's overly simplistic. I hope more features/mechanics/systems will be added as we move into beta and release.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by voxfini View Post
    If you think it's over priced, don't play it. It's that simple.
    $12 for a skin that's barely working properly is silly even if Blizzard will give you the cash back after the alpha. It's stupid to even defend it let alone purchase a skin at this point.

Legendary skins in League go for 1350-1850RP, but they change the champion's personality and animations (plus, they have new lines). Despite the hefty price, DOTA's arcana items add more stuff to the hero (Real life victory score for the 3 Legion Commander players out there, or Terrorblade is a rainbow Sauron with wings). Blizzard has to put more effort into the skins if they want to make money off of the people who aren't zealous fanboys.

Honestly, HotS has more problems to worry about than skins being overpriced (Murky isn't fun even if you can counter him, and there's a shit ton of lag input when using some abilities like any of Gazlowe's skills, and a fugly UI that really sucks). I wish there was a map that doesn't have a stupid gimmick out of Mercenary camps.