View Poll Results: Which will be your new MMO of choice?

Voters
603. This poll is closed
  • Wildstar

185 30.68%
  • Elder Scrolls Online

134 22.22%
  • Neither - WoW forever

158 26.20%
  • None of these.

126 20.90%
Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Which are you buying (Elder Scrolls Online vs Wildstar)

Let's not get uncivil, both are 900 page megathreads with releases getting damned close. If you feel the need to explain your choice keep to facts/avoid bashing etc, etc.

We all know this site is a VERY pro WoW so I expect the 3rd option to get quite a beating too, also I believe wildstar is more of a WoW flavoured mmo so it will be interesting to see how this one shakes out.

All the same, let's cut the crap - it's choices time

Edit: If you will be playing/buying more than 1, pick your favourite.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2014-03-17 at 01:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Neither. I'll stick with GW2/GW1/FF14/Rift/PoE/D3 for now.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

With a wildstar sig?

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    With a wildstar sig?
    It says

NO FRIENDS CLUB

so thar
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have pre-ordered ESO as I was in the beta.

After spending 10 solid hours in the final beta this weekend (and recording +/- 4 hours of it), I predict that the game is going to have a terrible, very buggy launch, will probably be F2P within a year - in my opinion. I am going to wait two weeks and then activate my retail key I purchased today - give them time to fix some of the bugs.

I just want to see the stories for the 3 alliances, do a bit of PvP and then I'll wait for it to switch to F2P in a year or so. I think it could be an incredibly successful F2P game, however.

I can't comment too much on Wildstar except that the YouTube vids haven't really impressed me thus far.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2014-03-17 at 12:59 AM.

I love ESO's graphics and I had gotten sucked into Skyrim but I'm just not into the beta. I've played it for a total of 7 or 8 hours and just keep getting bored with it. I'm gonna pre-order Wildstar. I've watched 10+ hours of people playing it on Twitch and think I'll have fun playing it, except for those super overly saturated green areas lol.

Can't talk on wildstar, never got around to checking it out.
    For ESO - yup, there's certainly quite a few buggy bits still to be sorted. That said, this last beta I only noticed annoying issues twice I think, got stuck coming out of wayshrine and couldn't move (which a relog fixed) and the server/my connection was pretty mangled late on during saturday evening needing loads of /reloadui's otherwise, I'd not had to do that at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might check wildstar out, while I'm not a fan of its leveling system after playing it, game felt fairly good but not sure if I wanna do a longterm investment.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    ill be buying both
    Actually.... yeah I missed that option. Pick your favourite so far then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    I might check wildstar out, while I'm not a fan of its leveling system after playing it, game felt fairly good but not sure if I wanna do a longterm investment.
    I'm at a point where I'm not sure I want to pick up a new MMO to get sucked into but... meh, we'll see (ESO for me atm)

Probably neither. I don't care about Wildstar at all and ESO is a bit pricey for me with a 60$ box price + 15$ stacked on my WoW sub, WoW being the thing I'm definitely buying lol. I played ESO beta though and thought it was really fun, think it could actually have a pretty lengthy subscription model lifetime, if it ever stops at all. If I could afford it I'd def get ESO.

Both. Depending how ESO goes my friends will be playing that, go back to wow or rift. I however just like trying and playing mmos. So I'll end up getting both.

ESO for my PS4 maybe. My comp at this point can only really handle wow at lower settings, and ESO apparently works like dog poop on my setup.

Didnt play wildstars beta yet, but it can either be really successful if they get end game content right, or crash and burn from what it looks like.

TBH, not that big into mmos anymore, wow is the only thing barely keeping my interest in the genre.
    Chronomancer Club

I'd give both of them a try if they were free to play. I might give both of them a try anyways after a couple of months if I like what I see and hear from other people, and if WoW and GW2 disappoint me / don't improve in certain areas I wish they would.

ESO: I really like the character customization, and I love Skyrim. I haven't heard or seen much of the game yet, but one of my fav youtubers has done a beta lets play recently, which I'm gonna check out.

Wildstar: I just love the whole idea of different paths that you can choose for your character. This is a feature I've aaallllways wanted to have in WoW and GW2. I absolutely love the idea of being an explorer or scientist or settler, and everything that goes along with it. Sooooo cool! This would definitely be the main reason for me to try out Wildstar.

Another thing I really dig about Wildstar is their housing, it seems really cool. Plus the fact that you can fly, customize mounts, etc.

What I don't like about Wildstar is the look of the UI, the general "tech" theme and feel of everything, and the currently still very limited character customization. Most races only have a handful of faces. The females of all races have pretty ridiculous bodies, with huge boobs and tiny waists. I really really wish there was a body slider, this game really needs one. Also, why are there no female chua?
    Last edited by Awbee; 2014-03-17 at 01:42 AM.

Probably neither. I haven't pre-purchased WoD yet, I probably will before launch but nothing I've seem yet has me super excited to throw money at the screen right this minute. Neither ESO or Wildstar look like they are worth paying for. If either goes f2p I'll try them at that point.

Deleted
    Option for "time`ll tell"?

Was originally interested in Wild Star. It isn`t the cartoony gfx that put me off, which most say does for them, but all of the telegraphs all over the floor. It just seems for PvP (only thing I`m interested in) that it`s care bear mode 2.0.
    BGs do look good though, will see after launch as concerned re:balance/match ups & if it`s as bad as gw2 can be at times.
    TESO, only thing that seems interesting is the RvRvR, but will see how good/bad it is once live.

Was given a Wild Star key, just ended up giving it to my old warcraft gm.
    Had offers of TESO keys, just turned them down.
    Ah well...

For now, Guild Wars & EVE remain my worlds
    Last edited by mmoca2c81d9292; 2014-03-17 at 12:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to try both, but I'll probably end up skipping both.

I will give Wildstar a try a bit after launch. At the moment I think I am all MMO'd out. I sill dabble in GW2 and I am happy with that model. I wish we would see a few more B2P game instead of all of the F2P and sub ones. I just want to pay for the game and for the expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    ESO. Wildstar is just ANOTHER wow clone (just what we needed... or not) . Atleast ESO is trying something new.
    Aye mate

I was initially planning to buy both. But it seems Wildstar is not going to be have any viable solo endgame content, just the same-old raiding treadmill, and the leveling is not engaging at all from all the posts. Very sad about that.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals