View Poll Results: Which will be your new MMO of choice?

Voters
603. This poll is closed
  • Wildstar

185 30.68%
  • Elder Scrolls Online

134 22.22%
  • Neither - WoW forever

158 26.20%
  • None of these.

126 20.90%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If I have learned one thing through out they years of playing MMOs, I will wait a good month or two after release, read some reviews and watch some videos, ask friends for their opinion on them and see if it is worth my money. After all both are buy and subscribe games, and throwing money away and find myself horribly disappointed would be rather irritating

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    If I have learned one thing through out they years of playing MMOs, I will wait a good month or two after release, read some reviews and watch some videos, ask friends for their opinion on them and see if it is worth my money. After all both are buy and subscribe games, and throwing money away and find myself horribly disappointed would be rather irritating
    But what about all the fun that's to be had on release while leveling?

It might just be me but I think that the most fun I ever have while leveling is during the release of new games. Mostly because the world is full of people and stuff is happening. Few of the most enjoyable release-leveling-experiences for me are probably Rift and GW2... with all dem public events and so many people it was just a lot of fun.

Wildstar doesnt have as many public events but there are some... so fun times should ensue. Or at least fun times will happen by the time you start meeting the other faction out in the world... dat release-world-pvp.

Deleted
    Well I have already pre ordered WoD and ESO, though I doubt I will play ESO much as the beta was a huge disappointment for me. I've not really looked into Wildstar, but what I have heard from friends sounds promising.

Still I was always intending to keep on playing Wow as my primary mmo, with ESO taking over from Terra for a bit of casual play. As it stands now I just keep playing Wow and Terra. One game I am keenly waiting for is EQ Next, doesn't seem to get much publicity but I think it may be something very special.

Really don't like the combat system in ESO, I don't think it works for an MMO. I've enjoyed Wildstar and love the combat system but the end game is a little hardcore for me. I think I'll have a break and wait for the WOD release.

Wildstar for sure. ESO did not show me anything good inn beta, trough granted I didn't play it for long.

Edit: I'm interested inn EQ next aswell, but don't know anything about it really.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    *flashbacks of playing in first week of MMO release*
    oh no, please no.

Neither of them, i've got tired of genre.
    I didn't liked "dynamic PvE" thing, killing some enemies is not hard but frustrating. I had more fun while killing a giant before killing first dragon.

Wildstar reminds me of WoW too much (there was whole location which looked like freaking barrens, i couldn't get rid of feeling of playing some weird-ass private WoW server), and models of characters wasn't appealing to me, i don't like these dreamwork-ish (the same reason i didn't enjoyed torchlight)

In both games i couldn't find anything that wouldn't bore me after playing for 10 hours
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-03-17 at 08:16 AM.

Deleted
    Would have bought ESO, but then they fucked the launch by making CE players get a head start and more xp and another race.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonasknepper View Post
    Would have bought ESO, but then they fucked the launch by making CE players get a head start and more xp and another race.
    Yeah, I think that's kind of shitty, give us the horse and shit with the Imp edition, but let everyone play in any alliance, or there will be lots of angry people :|, Kinda make sense in a way to me though, but its still not fair.

http://bit.ly/12e7MsQ <--- My New Monk Main

for now ill stick with d3 and wait to see how ESO and Wildstar evolved past the initial release hype and what WoD's beta will bring to us; also i'm keeping an eye on Everquest landmark and next to see where they are going.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    *flashbacks of playing in first week of MMO release*
    oh no, please no.
    How come? O_o

I dont really remember anything negative about any MMOs release... they've all been all-out-awesome experiences.

Unless having to fight for quest mobs at times, server crashing once or twice and a few bugs here and there are unbearable things for you then I dont see anything that could be negative :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless having to fight for quest mobs at times, server crashing once or twice and a few bugs here and there are unbearable things for you then I dont see anything that could be negative :P
    Impossible to quest, huge ping due to overload of people in locations, crashes and so on. When pandaria was released i literally couldn't play for 3 days. I stepped in a new location and server didn't responded to anything i do. My wife tho tried and completed first quest (where you had to shoot from turrets and kill enemies i think), it took her 1 hour to do so. Same thing was on WoW release, WoW:BC release, WoW:WotlK release.

I have really bad experience of releases

Deleted
    I have tried both and both are very good games with different strengths and weaknesses, but for the moment I'm not going to buy any of them. I prefer to wait and see how the situation develops, that major bugs are fixed and to hear the opinions of players who have invested a few months and have some solid endgame experience before I make a purchase. Also I have still games I bought on the last Steam SUMMER sale that I haven't even touched, so plenty of things to play anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Impossible to quest, huge ping due to overload of people in locations, crashes and so on. When pandaria was released i literally couldn't play for 3 days. I stepped in a new location and server didn't responded to anything i do. My wife tho tried and completed first quest (where you had to shoot from turrets and kill enemies i think), it took her 1 hour to do so. Same thing was on WoW release, WoW:BC release, WoW:WotlK release.

I have really bad experience of releases
    Ah well, I was talking more about new MMOs releasing, not WoW expanions :P When it comes to the new MMOs it's always such an adventure that you just dont notice the bad stuff (like fighting for quest-mobs).

Though even for expansions the only one I had real issues with was MOP. All the other expansion launches went pretty smoothly once you got a bit ahead of the curve :P It was the same with MOP too... once you got out of the first zone (which was bugged to hell) it got a lot better.

Deleted

It might just be me but I think that the most fun I ever have while leveling is during the release of new games. Mostly because the world is full of people and stuff is happening. Few of the most enjoyable release-leveling-experiences for me are probably Rift and GW2... with all dem public events and so many people it was just a lot of fun.

Wildstar doesnt have as many public events but there are some... so fun times should ensue. Or at least fun times will happen by the time you start meeting the other faction out in the world... dat release-world-pvp.
    After a month or so there are still plenty of people coming to the MMO, hell even some people leveling alts. However I will agree that I would miss out on some huge battles, I remember in Rift there would sometimes be 100 people fighting a world event boss. But is that worth the game price and subscription, not for me, such events can be far and few to be worth it if the game is "garbage" outside of that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was looking forward to both, even pre-ordered ESO but canceled it yesterday after issues with launcher downloading 22GB every time I turn off PC and generally I have to force myself to log which is really bad. Game should be enjoyable to hook you in, if it is not, something is wrong. On the other hand W* beta weekend was great for me and although I encountered bugs and fps drops it felt so much better when I played it.

For me W* feels like WoW except you have some more tools like dodge, double jump and you have to aim your attacks. And hoverboard. That's all I need

Deleted
    I will wait till Wildstar goes free to play

None of them. For sure I wont touch WoD with a 100ft pole. That expatchion is gonna be complete trash and not worth 50 bucks! imo

Deleted
    I've pre-ordered ESO and I'm looking forward to exploring it. I don't know how long I'll subscribe for, that will depend on endgame and content updates - and how long it takes me to do everything (GW2 for example, 2 months for 100% world completion and before any content updates were added -if I play a MMO, I tend to play it a lot).

I played 2 Wildstar beta weekends and gave it a good shot but I will not be pre-ordering it for a variety of reasons, none of which it will be constructive to rant about here. I'll just say that I can see how it appeals to some people, and I think it has potential, but I have zero interest in playing it, even if it does go free to play in the future. That style of MMO is just not for me anymore.

Deleted
    I've had beta access for both wildstar and Eso. Of the two Wildstar seemed a lot better. Eso changed so much from Skyrim that i wouldnt call it an elder scrolls game anymore except for the lore(and i know some people are into Elder scrolls lore, so it might be worth picking it up for that). Sadly though, both games completely bored me out after 10-15 hours of gameplay. Eso is lacking GREATLY in the PvE departement. Pvp in an mmo has allways seemed like a secondary thing to me since they allmost never get it right.

Vanilla wow pvp was kinda fun. You didnt have as many buttons as today so there was less focus on interrupting that specific spell and using that specific macro at that time, and more focus on the actual combat.

Anyway. I'm not buying Wildstar, definately not buying ESO. Most likely getting the new wow expansion even though i have unsubscribed now.