Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your skill. I've seen plenty of people at 560+ in Norm who shouldn't be out of LFR.

To start? Lol yes of course. That's more than high enough; I wouldn't bank on being excellent if you're still at 530 on Garrosh, but to start it's fine. In my experience, healers can be slightly undergeared more so than any other role regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    As long as you have your mandatory legendary cloak that every guild wants then they'll start you at like 520. If you don't have your cloak then good luck finding a guild or a pug that will take you if you aren't 550+.
    This. I'm 541 but on my last week of secrets so I'm stuck in the bowels of Flex. Most Flex groups I run with can't even down most bosses as well, even with people who should be raiding Normal with the gear they have.

Quote Originally Posted by necromori View Post
    Is 540 enough for a resto shaman to start SoO normal?
    Absolutely

Deleted
    Such a shame pugging has been reduced to a number rather than ability. I miss Wrath pugging pre-GS addon.

Deleted
    Healing especially can be done with less gear(540 way more then enough). If you know your class and know the bosses (i.e. when to pop CDs etc) you can go much lower on iLvL.
    Last week we ran normal with probably the worst setup and the worst alts we could scrape together and cleared with a Monk (510) and druid (520ish). Rest of the group was probably avg of 535-550.

As everyone else said 510 is enough for entry normal, just make sure that you know you class and perform as much as you can in your gear. Gear!=skill.

I just checked with Trade Chat, and they said 580 minimum ilvl for SoO flex... Trade Chat never lies!

Seriously, though, it's more than enough even if you're starting heroic SoO. In one of our alt groups, we had a shaman with a 490ish ilvl (rocking a 463 weapon, no less) and did perfectly fine for normals. It also helps if everyone else outgears you, as well. As always, skill >>>>> gear.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Such a shame pugging has been reduced to a number rather than ability. I miss Wrath pugging pre-GS addon.
    I'm with you on this. I remember when a server was a tight-knit community where you actually knew people and had reputations to worry about. How you behaved and performed actually meant something. Despite all this integration and cross-realm tech, I feel the game's more anti-social than before.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2014-03-17 at 10:25 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville