Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    They did more than touch up Link and "a few bosses" they touched up every aspect of the game. Because it was not a touch up, it as a ground up remake. No original assets from the prior release were used in this one. No models, no graphics, not even the sound or music. They recreated everything, even the glitches that people came to enjoy abusing.

And beauty is more than just raw polygon count.
    Yea they totally didn't use any of the same assets.

Which is why 90% of the models in the game are the EXACT SAME just rendered at a slightly higher resolution.

If they actually remade the game from the ground up it would look a hell of a lot better then it does. It doesn't even look good by 3ds standards. You are seriously talking out of your rear.

You're also sitting here talking to me as if I haven't played the game myself or own it which I do. And yes, only a few bosses in the game and Link where actually touched. The rest are just rendered at a higher resolution. If you knew what the hell you where looking at you would know that.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-03-19 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea they totally didn't use any of the same assets.

Which is why 90% of the models in the game are the EXACT SAME just rendered at a slightly higher resolution.

If they actually remade the game from the ground up it would look a hell of a lot better then it does. It doesn't even look good by 3ds standards. You are seriously talking out of your rear.
    Just watched the video, and almost every model I saw was significantly altered, many of which to the point where it's essentially brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Just watched the video, and almost every model I saw was significantly altered, many of which to the point where it's essentially brand new.
    Completely false. Most of the models are rendered at a higher resolution which reduce the jaggies they are still the same. The new lighting engine also bounces off of the models which did not occur in the original version and also alters their appearance. You would know this if you where actually looking at the game in motion and not in still pictures.

Completely false. Most of the models are rendered at a higher resolution which reduce the jaggies they are still the same. The new lighting engine also bounces off of the models which did not occur in the original version and also alters their appearance. You would know this if you where actually looking at the game in motion and not in still pictures.
    ...did you watch the video? If you think those models are just rendered in higher resolutions and not pretty heavily improved upon, then I really don't know what else to say.

The models are 100% new. You can reduce jaggies with higher resolution, sure...but look at the pots, for example. Notice they are ROUND now. Reducing jaggies doesn't make that much of a difference. It would still be as angular as the original release..just with smoother edges.

And there is a lot more details, the animation in the game is very smooth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Q85OrARH0

Here's an actual video of gameplay (forgive it being in what appears to be German. It was about the only one I could find that used a capture card, rather than off-screen recording..). Notice, right form the start, when Navi is flying through Kokiri forest even the fence is a 3D model now, it used to just be a flat texture in the original release.
    Last edited by Keile; 2014-03-20 at 12:17 AM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

If it was to happen for those games I'd damn near require them to do it right. I'd expect it to be a full remaster, in 3'd voice acting etc. I just do not see the point of a half arsed HD version of a game like that. It just does not look good any more and I would not see a reason to drop the cash on it unless it was done right to be totally honest. I mean I am only getting the 10/10-2 remake because I can go halves with a room mate.

Remakes from what I seen are generally just small touch ups. Sure X looks a fair bit nicer but a game like 7 is still not going to look good by todays standard unless they actually work to properly remake it

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they said they aren't remaking FFVII until they make a game that tops it. So I wouldn't hold my breath.

Personally I'd rather them focus on releasing new titles than remaking old ones. I'm not really opposed to it, but I think new projects will be better for the company than just revamping every old project that they had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Well they said they aren't remaking FFVII until they make a game that tops it. So I wouldn't hold my breath.

Personally I'd rather them focus on releasing new titles than remaking old ones. I'm not really opposed to it, but I think new projects will be better for the company than just revamping every old project that they had.
    I dunno, FF13 was pretty tripe. FF7 remake would shift tons more than something like 13. I know it didn't sell too badly, but still.

I'd love to see another main title in the series similar to FFIX. I felt that it was a brilliant game by itself but it doubled as an affectionate reference to almost all of the previous titles. I'd also love to see a return to turn based combat, multiple sidequests and have a world map to explore by foot, boat and airship.

Though the developers seem intent on moving away from that sort of model which is precisely why I feel a remake of the earlier FF titles is warranted.
    Last edited by Graeham; 2014-03-20 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I'd love to see another main title in the series similar to FFIX. I felt that it was a brilliant game by itself but it doubled as an affectionate reference to almost all of the previous titles. I'd also love to see a return to turn based combat, multiple sidequests and have a world map to explore by foot, boat and airship.

Though the developers seem intent on moving away from that sort of model which is precisely why I feel a remake of the earlier FF titles is warranted.
    Bravely Default is kinda like this, but it's a tad too short. Still, it's a step in the right direction from what square usually squanders it's talent on.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Bravely Default is kinda like this, but it's a tad too short. Still, it's a step in the right direction from what square usually squanders it's talent on.
    I've seen that game mentioned a few times now, I'll have to check it out for myself. I'll admit, the art style isn't something I'm keen on but if need be I can overlook it and likely still enjoy the overall experience.