Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Angry RealID friend requests

If you PvP, then you know exactly what i'm talking about.

Who else gets spammed with RealID friend requests by some angry player from the other faction because they just can't accept defeat?
    I often world PvP with a couple of friends, and it seems I can't go one night of some good clean PvP action without having one angry player spamming RealID requests to me or one of my friends. Is there a way to actively block RealID friend requests just like you have the option to actively block guild invites and trade requests, because if there is, I certainly haven't found it.

On the request you can right click the name or somewhere to block that user and/or report inappropriate language. IF you've already canceled the request its too late you have to do it while its still in your pending tab.

I've had this once, on an alt. Someone decided to try and kill me and I ended up killing them. Then I killed them a few more times, so they brought a friend in. Unfortunately the friend chose to land right when the other guy was about to die again, so I killed him as well.

It was a bit of a massive fluke on my behalf I think, but anyway, minutes later I got a whisper from the original guy who had tried to kill me. The guy ended up whispering me and it started out a bit raging but he calmed down after a while and we actually ended up sort of friendly at the end, all a bit weird.

I have only had one mysterious battle tag friend request, and it was weird, so I rejected it.

I have to wonder if your PvP'ing is "good clean PvP" if you're attracting so much rage, though. I've suffered some amazing - and lengthy - ganks over the years, but I've never rage whispered anyone about it.

"Word PvP with a couple of friends" sounds distinctly like you're in a group griefing solo players. A big assumption on my part, and if you're on a PvP realm, there's nothing technically 'wrong' with it, but makes the raging a little more understandable?
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

I make most of my friends by getting rage requests, silly comments and very rarely "well played"... I think I'm weird. Latest was a Boomkin who was clearly trying to typhoon me off the wall, added him sarcastically saying I didn't understand what he was doing... And then I was helping him kill my own faction for fun.

Only way to stop people adding you is disabling battletag afaik.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-03-18 at 04:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a "you're terrible" rant once, agreed with him and was instantly defriended.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I would call you and a couple of your friends against the one guy who's rage-spamming you 'World PVP'. But that sort of thing makes me happy I'm on a PVE server. Life's too short to put up with BS like that even if it's not against the rules. Click and report if it annoys you.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post

"Word PvP with a couple of friends" sounds distinctly like you're in a group griefing solo players. A big assumption on my part, and if you're on a PvP realm, there's nothing technically 'wrong' with it, but makes the raging a little more understandable?
    Just to clarify, when I say "World PvP" I don't mean we go into low level territories and farm people 50 levels below us. We typically go outside major cities where all the high level players like to duel eachother and boost their epeens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xRBZ90 View Post
    Just to clarify, when I say "World PvP" I don't mean we go into low level territories and farm people 50 levels below us. We typically go outside major cities where all the high level players like to duel eachother and boost their epeens.
    why did you explain what you and your friends do when you mention "world pvp"

i liked how people are jumping into conclusions here and how the pve mindset was assuming its lowbie ganking

i also thought you was roaming cities since its the most fun with friends

On topic : i noticed that recently when i was working on loremaster, i killed a few players with my legendary cloak(melee) a couple of times by mistake :P
    it annoys me the most when you apologize and you get a sarcastic response

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, this makes me laugh. I have recieved many of these messages due to my class and setup. People attempt to gank me, and well, I am powerless due to being a Holy Paladin in PvP. So I kite them to guards, they got slaughtered and I do /sigh. There's nothing clean in World PvP as most are just ambushes. But this person just though he should rage in RealID, calling me a noob, bad player and so on. I smile and nod, couldn't stop but to smirk as one phrase goes through my head as I click block, "Then how come you couldn't burst down a simple healer?"

I laugh a little, a kind tone as I see people attempting to be the mighty world PvP'ers. If I am on my Alliance, I am Retribution paladin, and I take payment to nuke and destroy people with the censur item if they have been randomly attacking others (own faction or Horde). I get given 100g, and I go slaughter them in no time. They then proceed to rage and pout in a small message due to dying to a guy who's not using the item.

I take a personal pride on having a laugh, PvP is not taken serious by me at all, even though I am many times already geared for a new season within 2-3 weeks of casual minded PvP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm not sure I would call you and a couple of your friends against the one guy who's rage-spamming you 'World PVP'. But that sort of thing makes me happy I'm on a PVE server. Life's too short to put up with BS like that even if it's not against the rules. Click and report if it annoys you.
    This, this I understand so well. Quite waste of time if people takes as groups against single players. Not really much clean WPvP
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    If I get killed at lvl 90 by another guy, I'll find him again (if I can, in the same area) and fight him full hp/mana 1v1. The second fight I win or not, I will leave it be. I attack people who are not in combat only, I just somehow want to respect them, attacking other who is fighting a mob is just an ambush, not pvp for me. Personally haven't met any of these realID rages, but before we had realID I did get whispers from lvl 1's who created that char just to rage at me after a defeat. Best way to respond? "Ok", in every comment.

Thankfully I only get the odd realID request after doing a random super fast (que as tank as fury).
    That doesn't bother me. But if people started adding me after/during PvP to bitch at me....
    Rage.

Off Topic: When I read the title, I was thinking about something like this: "HEY YOU LITTLE SHIT! DO YOU WANT TO BE MY FRIEND! COME ON, ACCEPT IT!"

On Topic: Only got one of these. I was killing a Blood Elf Paladin (level 90, so no ganking) a couple of times, when I got added by him. "Lul u r noob" and shit. Killed him a few times more, when he escaped (got lucky and mounted and flew away). He whispered me "ROFL u suck, lol u mad now?"

Wat?

I deleted him after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get this ALL THE TIME on Hearthstone, I know this is the WoW forum, but I really do get it all the time on hearth.
    Playing as a warrior last night and I already had Sylvanas down, I played Alexstrasza to put his health to 15, then dropped Grommash and hit him directly, turn afterwards I summoned Cairne and Bloodmage, I beat him and he proceeded to add me and tell me i'd bought all of my packs, my parents had bought all of my packs, and that he would beat me if I wasn't using them.
    I replied " Sorry for using cards in a card game, such a thing will NEVER happen again, you have my deepest apologies."
    Well that just set him off on a rampage, although it was EXTREMELY funny.

^ This sums up my thoughts on this perfectly. You're running around in a group, likely collectively targeting people on their own. I, and anyone who gets ganked like that, would be right to be pissed off. This is also the reason I play on PvE servers or servers with massive faction imbalance.

I think people with the inability to participate in balanced (as balanced as it'll get) and fair PvP (usually due to a lack of skill) find themselves resorting to 'World PvP' (AKA ganking) to make themselves feel better.

If I had the choice, there would be no World PvP.

Of course this is my opinion, some people believe 5v1'ing someone is a talent.

EDIT: I'm not mad cuz bad, or been ganked recently; believe me, having pr0 dragonslaying gear makes 'World PvP' a riot (Lava Burst for 50% of peoples health pools, kty) but I've never been fond of 'World PvP'.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-18 at 11:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    Off Topic: When I read the title, I was thinking about something like this: "HEY YOU LITTLE SHIT! DO YOU WANT TO BE MY FRIEND! COME ON, ACCEPT IT!"

On Topic: Only got one of these. I was killing a Blood Elf Paladin (level 90, so no ganking) a couple of times, when I got added by him. "Lul u r noob" and shit. Killed him a few times more, when he escaped (got lucky and mounted and flew away). He whispered me "ROFL u suck, lol u mad now?"

Wat?

I deleted him after that.
    Totally, that is how you make friends, no? I mean, I always end my friend requests with a death threat incase they decline? (joke aside, just made me smile, so had to).

But this is a common thing lately, doesn't help that there is a limit on how many you may block on RealID. Aggressive behavior brews to worse over time. Internal realm forums tend to always end up having some naming/shaming going on, of course one can hope they have their own guidelines to control such. But there is always some who takes things a bit harsh.

Of course, I understand if it's not even a fair fight (i.e. low level ganking, or 1 Vs. 2+)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    ^ This sums up my thoughts on this perfectly. You're running around in a group, likely all one shotting people on their own. I, and anyone who gets ganked like that, would be right to be pissed off. This is also the reason I play on PvE servers or servers with massive faction imbalance.

I think people with the inability to participate in balanced (as balanced as it'll get) and fair PvP (usually due to a lack of skill) find themselves resorting to 'World PvP' (AKA ganking) to make themselves feel better.

If I had the choice, there would be no World PvP.

Of course this is my opinion, some people believe 5v1'ing someone is a talent.
    You know, you are right. I used to enjoy RPpvp servers, though people go there for an easy click or many. Though, when you mentioned 5v1, it reminded me of a time ago, saw a warrior being attacked by 4 others, and he still came out the winning.

... okay, hush on the fact that I gave him Lay on hands when he was at 10% HP - The scales need to be balanced, so was only fair.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-03-18 at 11:59 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only people saying that I'm a exceptionally good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Though, when you mentioned 5v1, it reminded me of a time ago, saw a warrior being attacked by 4 others, and he still came out the winning.

... okay, hush on the fast that I gave him Lay on hands when he was at 10% HP - The scales need to be balanced, so was only fair.
    Made me genuinely smile!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Made me genuinely smile!
    Such situations always makes me smile, I love when the unplanned happens in PvP. During my arena seasons in Cataclysm, made a few rage as a Holy Paladin took the solo kills a few times. Specially in World PvP, act like nothing at all, unflagged.. looking at people just flexing some muscle until it becomes unfair, then just nudging the scales to make it more fun.. as well, because I love the idea of the losing side going, "WTF happened there?!".

I got to admit, having dark armor + the Aqua gem = almost invisible. I feel that I am a guardian for some. None notice me until my Ancient Kings is popped. Hehe.

Else, for world PvP, for a guy like me who sees PvP as just a good giggle - I enjoy seeing it, just dislike being part of it unless needed. Ah, I envy the people who can, I don't mind to assist, but I will rarely be the one starting.

Deleted
    Have to agree with that, 4v1 "world pvp" my ass lol.

Me and my 2 friends once killed some feral druid and his 5 friends over a warbringer about 4 times until they finally killed us when we tried to kill the warbringer again. The druid added me and made sure i knew just how terrible i really was and that my friends are terrible. I thought it was hilarious personally, just means we really got to him