Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Another 10man Heroic Siegecrafter Blackfuse thread!

Hello guys,

I hope you’re all doing well and looking after yourselves! Mikazt here from ION on Al’Akir. It’s been a while! I’m back with a little more than a plea for help on Siegecrafter Blackfuse and was wondering if anybody could help me with the below? Please see our current roster; I have highlighted our current team with a * (Aszea is playing Elemental) and put their possible off specs respectively. For example (Main Spec / Offspec).

Tanks
    *Raonn (Blood Death Knight)
    *Madáme (Guardian / Feral Druid )
    Repetate (Protection / Holy Paladin )

Healers
    *Maern (Resto / Guardian Druid )
    *Holybash Holy / Protection Paladin )
    *Aszea (Elemental Shaman / Resto Shaman )
    *Morih (Resto / Enhancement Shaman)

DPS
    *Míkazt (Survival / MM / BM Hunter)
    *Sensen (Affliction / Destruction Warlock
    *Nesquik (Destruction / Affliction Warlock)
    Flotz (Arms / Fury Warrior)
    Blackmaira (Retribution Paladin)
    *Hail (Fire / Frost Mage)

Now before I get started, I must note that I am unable to provide logs as I’m currently using my work’s internet in which it’s blocked. For reference though, EU Servers > Al’akir > ION.
    We have changed this around quite a few times now but nothing ever seems to help with the progress on Siegecrafter. We managed to get him to 45% once but we have never even come close to this, normally around 60% before we tend to wipe again now. Being the Hunter, I am always on the belts and the belt itself is completely fine, we never really fail as myself and Nesquik go on each and every belt (He uses the Eye Of Kilrogg Glyph to place a portal pre pull). At the moment we are experimenting with the whole kill the missiles apart from belt 6 which I believe we’d kill the mines should we get that far and belt 9 we kill the laser?
    From my own analysis there’s two problems with what’s currently happening. One of them is quite simply to many overloads which is down to the Tank’s damage. In my opinion, something is wrong with how we are taking the stacks and killing the adds, any advice on abilities to help avoid the knockback/stun would be appreciated and how other guilds with a similar set up should manage tank stacks and where to stand? At the start I notice we get 5 Overloads which is way to much to be dealing with as it nearly one shots you and leaves no room for error at all on moving out of the boss’s abilities.
    The second problem is simply positioning doing our mine tactic, we have had 40 wipes so far using this tactic and it is starting to feel easier but we can’t seem to get past the third belt without two people dying which is obviously putting a strain on everybody else. The thing we struggle with the most is the Sawblades / Magnet + Emp Fire. Any tips on positioning would be extremely useful. We are currently standing with Blackfuse next to the “Non active” belt where the Emp Mines drop down so that we can use our CC (Druid Vortex, Ring Of Frost, Madame’s Symbiosis Frost trap) and AoE them down very quickly. The main raid stands on the spike in the middle of the room facing that belt and during the third belt, utilise the safe spot on the middle laser ring and the space between the outer laser ring.
    Any help before progression tonight would be amazing so I can review it. Again, thank you all for your support! 
    Kind regards,

Mikazt/Kirikah

- - - Updated - - -

It's also worth noting that Morih is currently playing Enhancement

If you aren't already having him do so have your guardian take the boss first and pop incarnation on the first add, with only 3 stacks it'll usually be close to getting a 5th overload off. A tank with charge is ideal for it anyway as they are able to charge right after DFA and get extra dps time in with the absurd dmg taken increase, especially the first add.

We do an entirely different tactic on this but the tanks stacks should basically be the same in most guilds, something roughly like:

Tank1 - 3stacks - Kills add 1
    Tank2 - 2stacks
    Tank1 - 4stacks - Kills add 2
    Tank2 - 5stacks - Kills add 3
    (Tank2 getting 5 here allows tank 1 to reset so basically repeat above..)..
    Tank1 - 3stacks - Kills add 4
    Tank2 - 2stacks
    Tank1 - 4stacks - Kills add 5
    Tank2 - 5stacks - Kills add 6

Should be roughly how it goes, basically resets after every 3rd add, although I think with the 1heal zerg strat we use we only get 3 adds total or something, usually too focused on fire and turrets to actually count them. But overall, this is just a really really frustrating boss, I think the best advice I can give is find a tactic that you will think will work for your team and just stick with it, learning bits of the fight as you progress. We spent the first, ~60 odd wipes we did changing the tactic we were trying to do every 5 tries and it just frustrated us more not actually seeing any real progress.

Deleted
    5 overloads? That doesn't even seem nearly right, when my guild was doing this we always aimed to avoid the 4th one (and usually did, maybe 1/50 times the 4th went off).
    Our tank tactic was like so:
    Tank 1 takes 3 stacks - kills add
    Tank 2 takes 2 stacks
    Tank 1 takes 5 stacks - kills the add (at this point you can just tank it near the boss)
    Tank 2 takes 4
    Tank 1 takes 6 stacks- kills the add
    Tank 2 takes 7 stacks - kill the add
    Tank 1 resets and takes 4 more stacks - kills another add

The boss should be dead or almost dead at this point, but if you need to your 1st tank can just grab a 5th stack and kill 1 more add. We used the same tank for every add except for the 2nd tank taking one at 7 stacks so the first tank can reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey there ladies and gents,

I'm the Raonn of ION. I'll write down what I am exactly doing while I'm dealing with the shredder, rotation and placement-wise.
    Basically I pop Nitro-boost and taunt him. Obviously I tank him on the blades and fire as much as possible.
    Just before he ends his cast (Death from Above), I ran away and pop AMS to fill up my RP. I know the effect of DFA comes after the animation so I watch out for it and 95% of the time I don't get hit by it. Then I dump my RP with RS (I use Blood Tap) and continue with 2-3 DSs & SR. I came across with some DKs using 4 set bonus (to fill up their runes with DRW) and pop maybe 2 or 3 more Death Strikes. I know DS has a big dmg output BUT I've found getting 2 set bonus and using using off-set heroic items (with more Parry ) for more crit through Riposte. This way I get more crit and uptime of Riposte is close to 100% on this fight. Therefore I'll either get 35% crit during the whole fight or I'll be able to use DS few more times.

With this rotation we get 5th overload sometimes and it pretty much wipes us. You can say that it is obviously not working but I've managed to deal more damage like this. Also I was getting 3 stacks when I'm doing this. With Brael's suggestion I'm pretty sure I can get it down before the 4th overload. I will give it a shot tonight and give you guys some feedback.

That being said, my questions are:

1- Do you guys think it is clever to go with my rotation instead of getting 4-set bonus for DRW?
    2- Is there anything else that I can use to increase my dps? ( I use my potion right after the DFA if Shredder has HP over 60%).

Thanks for reading
    Take care.

Note: I can only get 4 set bonus with normal 561 gear. Instead I use heroic parry/dodge gear.
    Last edited by Raonn; 2014-03-19 at 12:53 PM.

I had a peek at the logs. The posters above me are correct, you should get 4 overloads max. Generally 3 is the right amount (the third comes shortly after DFA) I just picked a random attempt and the graph shows you are getting 4-6 which is too many.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...&s=8277&e=8521

You need to understand that when the shredder lands after DFA those 5 seconds are everything because the shredder takes extra damage. I don't know about bears but if he takes the first shredder he needs to tank it on a sawblade for bonus damage, first shredder is always the hardest because theres only 3 stacks at play. You need a bear to tell you what to do in those 5 seconds I have no idea.

You are 3 healing this which is a big no-no. I suspect its because of high overload damage. You need to fix that by killing the shredder quicker, throwing more healers at it won't help.

I would suggest your pala and your bear tank this. Palas are good at killing shredders. Execution sentence is ridiculous if you fire it off so the last tick hits the shredder while stunned. iirc you fire it off with 1.5-3 sec left on the cast. After it lands pala can judge > avengers shield > holy wrath (with final wrath glyph) and then hammer of wrath and it should be dead. We also used dazing shield just to slow mines a bit too (though that has nothing to do with the shredder)

We tank it like this
    1) First tank 3 stacks kill shredder away from boss
    2) Second tank takes 2 stacks, first tank takes a 4th kill shredder ON boss (both tanks need to spank it and remember those critical seconds after DFA)
    3) First tank goes to 6 stacks, second tank gets third stack, kill shredder ON boss
    4) Second tank gets 6 stacks kills shredder away from boss

Start at 1 again.

As a pala tank stacks 1-2 no CD, 3 DP, 4 DP, 5 GoaK and 6 AD. You can also bubble taunt with a cancel aura macro so the stack is applied while you are bubbled and you don't take the damage.

The important bit here is the first shredder has to die so the first tank can come back and get his 4th stack. If you get that right then from the second shredder on it becomes trivial because 2 tanks with stacks destroy the shredder. (Tanks shouldn't be hitting the boss, just the shredder)

Now you've freed up a dps to pew pew mines.

Now on to the abilities. Apart from derping to shockwave missiles, the only critical time in the laser / crush phases are when sawblades go out. Screw up a placement and a person gets hit (or pingponged) and then they end up in fire and then they die. Its a personal responsibility thing that the person getting the blade on them has to place it out of the raid. In the fire is fine (even ideal) because 1-2 stacks of superheated is 100k ticks for 6 seconds, less if they use a personal. So in the magnetic crush theres a whole safe area ( lets say 4 or 5 o clock) where people stand, when the sawblade targets a person they need to gtfo. Priests can spectral guise it, mages can invis and it doesn't launch. The rest just need to run out of the raid if it targets them.

Not sure if I'm reading it right but belt 6 you should kill the laser. Empowered mines / normal mines is no problem, you can aoe your nuts off and you have a perfectly clear platform which is a godsend.

Heres our first kill on warcraftlogs http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...11&view=replay it was messy as hell but the replay function shows you positioning as the fight goes on so you can see where people stand in the crush phase and so on.

Finally, its a hard boss, even with the nerfs I'd guess you are going to throw more than 200 attempts at it. Good luck :P

Deleted
    As mentioned above, I am already aware that 5 overloads is too much hence the reason for me asking what we can do to improve this .

Also, we aren't three healing this boss... We did at one point due to the roster issue which I also mentioned above but again that has been fixed.

Again, thank you for the tips thus far.

Deleted
    Guardian tank should pop NV as soon as he tanks the shredder and then pop Berserk and Manglespam after DFA. It takes me 2 or 3 hits after DFA to kill the shredder. At 5 stacks I don't even need the CD anymore and just use it on the boss and still only get 3 overloads.
    Also tell the guardian to apply Fearie Fire to EVERY shredder (not just his own) to help the other tank (didn't look at logs, so if he already does it, good job).
    Try to place the shredder in fire.

Deleted
    Have your Guardian kill the first add. It's the only one that needs to be killed with 3 stacks. If he uses Inc+NV+Pot he should be able to do it before the 4th overload. After that he can kill the next add with 4 stacks and Berserk and reset his stacks. The next add goes to your DK with 5 stacks. At that point you can start over as Incarnation will be back up again.

If you want to have a look at it, here is me doing it pre-nerf:
    http://youtu.be/hPvD0zeKgUA

As someone who wiped on this fight 500+ times before the nerf.... what helped the most was absorbing more stacks. At 7 stacks I crit the add with Chi-blast for 6M+ after his death from above.
    Tank A - 3 Kills add
    Tank B - 2
    Tank A - 4 Both kill add (tank it near boss and nuke it after the death from above) (best if you can get it in the fire as well)
    Tank B - 6 (kills add with ease) As a monk I use zen meditation here, but i've had raid cooldowns work as well
    Tank A - 2? (I forget how many he gets here)
    Tank B - 7 kills another add with ease, I diffuse magic and take almost no damage, the dk could do this with AMS i'm sure
    Tank A - 4 (until Tank B resets) and so on, it should be easy from here.

I don't think you should waste ams on the overload (ams should be used on his charge and get an additional stack), I think you should just pool your runic power and pop DRW before death from above, then nuking him and right after he lands nuke him down. You could use army for one of these as well... you don't need to use it on the pull because when you run out for death from above, you'd be just standing there anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the tactic Brael mentioned, I've managed to kill the adds before 4th overloads. Our best try was somewhere around 45-50%, yesterday we managed to get him down to 34%. Its just a matter of time and some practice now. Thanks for all the suggestions

Deleted
    We killed him yesterday for the first time.
    Setup:
    Tanks - Warrior, DK
    Healers - Disc Priest, Resto Shaman
    DDs - Feral, Rogue, Hunter, Fire Mage, Frost Mage, Destru-WL with Hunter on the belt + fire mage and rogue alternating.

Do you 2- or 3-heal it? I recommend going with 2 healers as the raid wide dmg is "normally" not that high.

We also struggled with empowered laser + empowered magnet and that's why we tried to avoid this combo. You can achieve this by killing the magnet on belt 3 instead of the missile turret. In fact, the missile turret will be empowered after this belt, but this should be the one and only emp. turret and we found this much easier than emp. laser + emp. magnet after belt 3.

Being an application developer, I wrote a little c# program for my guild to check which weapon will be empowered when you killed weapon X on the belt. Feel free to use it. Might be helpful.

Download-Link: http://www.file-upload.net/download-.../Belt.zip.html
    Make sure you click the right button/link on the download site! It's called "Get file" with the blue "Download" button. All other links/buttons on the site might install bad things to your computer.

(PS: There is a little bug with Wave 5 in the picture, but it's fixed in the program. (It's a missile turret instead of a laser and I changed the weapon order as they "spawn" on the belt. Picture shows just a random kill order w/o any purpose -.-)

- There are 3 buttons each wave which represent the weapons on the belt
    - Click on the weapon you want to destroy this wave and it colors red
    - The weapon overcharging / empowering this wave colors green
    - If you want to destroy another weapon of a wave, click on the red weapon again the reset this wave. You can now choose anouther weapon. Or click the "Reset"-button to clear all waves.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2014-09-22 at 06:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give it a shot. Thanks Smaikiii!

Deleted
    2 heal it and shave of alot of time of the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are already 2 healing it like Kirikah mentioned. We only switched to 3 because of an absent member. All other tries are 2 healed.

Hey, just want to clarify as my guild are having a heated discussion on whether or not our Warlock can get up for every belt. As far as I was aware Blizzard had hotfixed it so Demonic Circles despawned upon starting the Siegecrafter fight. Is this not the case? If it is, how is your Warlock getting onto the belt for every wave?

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeyghostlands View Post
    Hey, just want to clarify as my guild are having a heated discussion on whether or not our Warlock can get up for every belt. As far as I was aware Blizzard had hotfixed it so Demonic Circles despawned upon starting the Siegecrafter fight. Is this not the case? If it is, how is your Warlock getting onto the belt for every wave?

Thanks in advance!
    Yes, they despawn upon starting the fight.
    Solution: Your warlock just has to set his circle after the fight started or conveyor belt was activated.

PS: We never tried this. Just read it, though!
    Source:
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxym View Post
    This is correct. The Glyph is called Eye of Kilrogg and you need to send your 'eyeball thing' up to the conveyor before the pull. This has to be done by "jumping" it from the top of the tube onto the conveyor. Also, you have to place your portal only AFTER the Assembly Line has activated, otherwise it will reset.

The only tricky things here are getting the jump right - and make sure the pull happens before your 'eyeball thing' expires. If the eye falls down, just cancel the buff and try again.

Here's a quick video of how it's done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ukkBxezS2Y

Quote Originally Posted by Raonn View Post
    We are already 2 healing it like Kirikah mentioned. We only switched to 3 because of an absent member. All other tries are 2 healed.
    Sry, kinda skipped that.
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2014-03-20 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know in detail but with Glyph of Eye of Kilrogg, he can get there and place the circle just when you go into combat. It doesn't work all the time. But when it does, your warlock can go every time. Getting the eye there is kinda tricky but I'm sure you can find someone explaining it in detail.

Deleted
    Hello again! Thank you again guys,

Our Warlock casts it, jumps up and we begin the pull timer.. As soon as the belt activates he will drop his portal and then go and DPS Blackfuse whilst I solo the first belt.

Our tip is to go in there rotating a warlock and our Fury Warrior with CD's For example..

Belt 1 - Mikazt
    Belt 2 - Mikazt / Flotz
    Belt 3 - Mikazt / Nesquik
    Belt 4 - Mikazt
    Belt 5 - Mikazt / Flotz
    Belt 6 - Mikazt / Nesquik

And this is about as far as we've got but I'm sure we can do this but have the portal there as a fail safe! Incase say the warrior dies, we can still get the Warlock up every belt to help out and therefore doesn't screw us up .

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Now on to the abilities. Apart from derping to shockwave missiles, the only critical time in the laser / crush phases are when sawblades go out. Screw up a placement and a person gets hit (or pingponged) and then they end up in fire and then they die. Its a personal responsibility thing that the person getting the blade on them has to place it out of the raid. In the fire is fine (even ideal) because 1-2 stacks of superheated is 100k ticks for 6 seconds, less if they use a personal. So in the magnetic crush theres a whole safe area ( lets say 4 or 5 o clock) where people stand, when the sawblade targets a person they need to gtfo. Priests can spectral guise it, mages can invis and it doesn't launch. The rest just need to run out of the raid if it targets them.
    It was the biggest problem for us, so we decided to eliminate all the lasers on main platform. Used this video for our start: http://youtu.be/EhjcwUe61Rk

Our logs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...15&view=replay

If you guild has a lot of raid dps and a healer who can solo heal you can do what we've done since our first kill.

http://www.twitch.tv/derouto/b/512640944 go to 22:10 is the start of our siege kill this week this is my offtanks PoV