Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by g0rg0n View Post
    Ulduar had 14 bosses, and 10 of those bosses had hard modes (beyond just normal and heroic), and a bonus hard mode boss, Algalon. So technically there were 15 possible bosses in Ulduar.

Next.
    If memory serves, Naxx also had 15 bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    You and math are not friends. If MoP makes it to September without a WoD release, that's 24 months. 24x$15=$360. That's only $40 short of $400. MoP cost $40. That makes it $400. Even at this point, between the box and subscription, you've paid $310.

And if you've truly played for 10 years, even at $13/month, you would have shelled out over $1500 just in subscription fees.

- - - Updated - - -

If that's the case, please implement a DBM for fighting against other player characters. That way I can know exactly when they're going to do a certain ability and prepare myself for it accordingly.
    There is an add on for that. They tell you when CDs are used. Let's be honest here--pvp is essentially a flow chart consisting of two decisions. If opponent is vulnerable, "go ham". If you are vulnerable, use a defensive. I find it funny that people try to pretend that PvP is that so much more difficult than pve. Only real difference is RNG. Sometimes, RNG is pretty much absent in pve on the defensive end. RNG doesn't require skill, either... Its all based on some guy's roll code.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    There is an add on for that. They tell you when CDs are used. Let's be honest here--pvp is essentially a flow chart consisting of two decisions. If opponent is vulnerable, "go ham". If you are vulnerable, use a defensive. I find it funny that people try to pretend that PvP is that so much more difficult than pve. Only real difference is RNG. Sometimes, RNG is pretty much absent in pve on the defensive end. RNG doesn't require skill, either... Its all based on some guy's roll code.
    Because that add-on is going to tell me the exact moment somebody is going to use any CD, right? Or, for that matter, any ability in their arsenal. PvP IS more difficult because it isn't JUST about "going ham". Every fight is different because every opponent is different. Not everyone thinks in the same fashion as everyone else. You can't make an accurate prediction regarding anything in PvP. However, you CAN make an accurate prediction in PvE. It will ALWAYS happen in the same way. Every ability will ALWAYS be used at the same time. Once you down a boss a couple times, that boss is on farm. Once you down a player a couple times, that player may go back and rethink of ways to change their rotation or how they react to certain situations.

Here's a sport analogy for you. PvE is hitting against the pitching machine. PvP is hitting against a live pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post

This compares Mists assuming a 12/20/14 release date. Considering what people are trying to gauge, I don't see why a graph wouldn't.
    Also time isn't everything. By the time 2.4 (TBC) came out most guilds still hadn't cleared 2.3, which they needed to clear and farm before they could start with 2.4. And by the time the pre-expansion patch came out almost no guilds had cleared 2.4.

5.4 was cleared in like a week or something? So almost the entire patch is spent killing bosses you've already killed in different difficulties.