Thread: PVP questions

Deleted

PVP questions

Hello guyz,

Im a pve player who left wow 1 month ago for some reason.
    I cleaned the whool pve content of pandaria (well, not really, left at blackfuse HM)
    Playing SV and BM depending on boss.

Now i have more time to spend and i come back on wow but my friends are on their way to PVP.
    (Last pvp i played was around S7-S8 on my warlock 2.1k 2c2 and 1.9k 3c3 nothing that great but still good)

Im so new to pvp on hunter so i have some questions

- Wich spe is better and why ? (Heard MM >= BM >> SV)
    - What about pet spe ? (Going for spider, crane or something else)
    - Stats to go for ? (Depending of the spe i guess)
    - Gems ? (Agi only or agi + secondary stats ?)

Thanks a lot guyz for reading me and i hope some of you will help me on this !

And if you have some advice, feel free to give them to me

Deleted
    Like PVE there is no best pet, take a handful of pets, A disarm, a silence, a snare and a stun a set up like that is very good for having around in BGs

I use MM mainly and BM for messing around. When im MM i go with spider and spirit beast with BM but it varies when it comes to arena. But im mostly for RBGs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieTheD View Post
    Like PVE there is no best pet, take a handful of pets, A disarm, a silence, a snare and a stun a set up like that is very good for having around in BGs
    Thx a lot !

Then what about spe/stats/gems ?

Spec: MM
    Pet: I use wolf for 5% crit, spider for rooting if I need extra kiting. Used to use a goat for increasing enemy cast time, but it got nerfed to the point where I'd rather just use a wolf.
    Stats: Agility > Crit > Mastery
    Gems: Red: Agi, Yellow: Agi/Crit, Blue: Agi/PvP power

If you use BM, you have more options for pets, and you'll want to focus on Mastery as your best secondary stat. But there's no real reason not to be playing MM in PvP at the moment. MM has the highest burst and a blanket silence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Link3r View Post
    Get a sporebat - it incinerates rogues

Gem agi (reds), agi/pvp power (blues), agi/crit or agi/mastery (yellows)

MM/SV - crit > mastery > haste

BM - mastery > crit > haste

Quote Originally Posted by Huntadin View Post
    Get a sporebat - it incinerates rogues

Gem agi (reds), agi/pvp power (blues), agi/crit or agi/mastery (yellows)

MM/SV - crit > mastery > haste

BM - mastery > crit > haste
    BM still prioritises crit over mastery in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen
    Unless something has changed since the previous patch when BM was king in PvP, no they don't. Mastery is a flat damage increase to your pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Link3r View Post
    Hello guyz,

Im a pve player who left wow 1 month ago for some reason.
    I cleaned the whool pve content of pandaria (well, not really, left at blackfuse HM)
    Playing SV and BM depending on boss.

Now i have more time to spend and i come back on wow but my friends are on their way to PVP.
    (Last pvp i played was around S7-S8 on my warlock 2.1k 2c2 and 1.9k 3c3 nothing that great but still good)

Im so new to pvp on hunter so i have some questions

- Wich spe is better and why ? (Heard MM >= BM >> SV)

Thanks a lot guyz for reading me and i hope some of you will help me on this !

And if you have some advice, feel free to give them to me
    MM is better for arena mostly. Survival can work with a lock. BM is kinda meh atm.

pet spec should be cunning 100% Crane is ok, I run with wolf most of the time. Keep a scorpion and moth as backup.

agility should be your top stat by far.

gems already been covered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    Unless something has changed since the previous patch when BM was king in PvP, no they don't. Mastery is a flat damage increase to your pet.
    and crit is a flat damage increase to you and your pet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    Any source? 99% sure mastery > crit for BM in pvp as it works better with the burst from BW. I believe this is due to the fact during BW you are spamming arcane shots proccing cobra strikes and this coupled with high mastery = painful pet basic attacks. Pets are also sustained damage when you are being LoS'd and yea...I can't see anyone running crit > mastery for BM unless they are usually MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntadin View Post
    Any source? 99% sure mastery > crit for BM in pvp as it works better with the burst from BW. I believe this is due to the fact during BW you are spamming arcane shots proccing cobra strikes and this coupled with high mastery = painful pet basic attacks. Pets are also sustained damage when you are being LoS'd and yea...I can't see anyone running crit > mastery for BM unless they are usually MM.
    During BW you are spamming arcane shots which mean mastery does a total of jack shit to help with that. Pet's are cced so easily by decent players meaning your sustained damage will be horrific with mastery.

Only time mastery was good was in season 12 when BM was broken as hell.