Page 6 of 179 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    -GC spoke very favorably about their possible inclusion in comparison to DHs and Bards.
    Gc on DH

Is there enough design space there not occupied by DK, warlock, hunter, warrior?
    https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...11292543741952

on Tinker

Not sure. Might be a little too whimsical for WoW. Would depend on the treatment.
    https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...51530633428993

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatecore View Post
    pretty much and blizzard said that leak was fake and Tinkers are too whimsical
    Ghostcrawler said, personally, that Tinkers MIGHT be too whimsical, depending on the treatment https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...09768888401920

None of those abilities exist in the ability sets of either Tinker hero, so you continuously posting them over and over again is spamming and trolling.
    Bombs explode. Robots. Missiles. Guns. It's all there, you just refuse to see it because, as always, you want to see exact name, exact effects AND exact graphics.

Except that's exactly what you're doing.

None of those abilities exist in the ability sets of either Tinker hero, so you continuously posting them over and over again is spamming and trolling.
    ha and the Tinker shit continuously posted by you over and over is spamming and trolling. I can say the same thing as you but it boils down to what the mods think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    Ghostcrawler said, personally, that Tinkers MIGHT be too whimsical, depending on the treatment https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...09768888401920
    he did not say personally also he said Is there enough design space there not occupied by DK, warlock, hunter, warrior? about demon hunters

so let me guess DEMON HUNTER CONFIRMED

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Bombs explode. Robots. Missiles. Guns. It's all there, you just refuse to see it because, as always, you want to see exact name, exact effects AND exact graphics.
    OFC they are different he argument is bias and the nut job believes HIS TINKER will be added in game. I would pay money for blizzard to flat out tell him NO its not gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    He probably feels that way because a couple of abilities associated with the Tinker are in the game and are well outside of both professions and any classes, yet you and Hatecore continually post abilities completely unrelated to the Tinker's ability set.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=63025
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=136297
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=148085
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Town-In-A-Box

Because a couple of fanboys spam it to derail every thread and cram it down everyone's throat and there's a biased mod to the concept so they see nothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    He probably feels that way because a couple of abilities associated with the Tinker are in the game and are well outside of both professions and any classes, yet you and Hatecore continually post abilities completely unrelated to the Tinker's ability set.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=63025
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=136297
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=148085
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Town-In-A-Box
    Healing Spray is a tinker Ability ? news to me? since win?

Town-In-A-Box is a tinker Ability ? news to me? since win?

Cluster Rocket from a CANNON is a tinker Ability ? news to me? since win?

Gravity Bomb I am guessing engineer will get Gravity Bomb sooner or later

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Because a couple of fanboys spam it to derail every thread and cram it down everyone's throat and there's a biased mod to the concept so they see nothing wrong with it.

This all the way No clue how they are not banned yet for this shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Same reason pandaren were so popular before they released them. If they make tinkers everyone will say its dumb thats the best they can think of

Healing Spray is a tinker Ability ? news to me? since win?
    Its associated with a future Tinker class due to it being tech-themed.

Town-In-A-Box is a tinker Ability ? news to me? since win?
    It forms the basis of Pocket Factory being a mechanic within the game.

Cluster Rocket from a CANNON is a tinker Ability ? news to me? since win?
    Since always, since there is a cannon on the hammer tank the tinker uses.

Gravity Bomb I am guessing engineer will get Gravity Bomb sooner or later
    Not likely. Its like Ursol's Vortex on steroids. Way out of a profession's league.

And it's when, not "win".

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not popular. People theorize and debate new classes all the time, it's just that "Tinker" sticks out to you as it's an absolutely ridiculous name.

The general response to such a class is generally "Um, why?"
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    he did not say personally also he said Is there enough design space there not occupied by DK, warlock, hunter, warrior? about demon hunters

so let me guess DEMON HUNTER CONFIRMED

- - - Updated - - -

OFC they are different he argument is bias and the nut job believes HIS TINKER will be added in game. I would pay money for blizzard to flat out tell him NO its not gonna happen
    I'm not sure what you are trying to say with that first comment. But, yeah he's biased and you are and the person above and below you are biased and I am too. We all are EVERYONE has a bias and you should attempt to understand your own and everyone else's bias. Seriously as soon as someone believes they aren't biased that's the point where any discussion is pointless because they honestly think that their evidence is concrete and they are right and any other opinion is wrong.

So fan made? No cannon source?

Interesting since that pocket factory you hit a plunger and are shot in the air when you come back down the town is phased there. How is that the forms the basis of Pocket Factory.

Hammer tank? Too whimsical

Not likely. Its like Ursol's Vortex on steroids. Way out of a profession's league.
    Oh really? The XT Gravity Bomb is nothing like Ursol's Vortex on steroids infact someone blows up it does aoe damage to the people near them and leaves a void zone on the ground/

I'm not sure what you are trying to say with that first comment. But, yeah he's biased and you are and the person above and below you are biased and I am too. We all are EVERYONE has a bias and you should attempt to understand your own and everyone else's bias. Seriously as soon as someone believes they aren't biased that's the point where any discussion is pointless because they honestly think that their evidence is concrete and they are right and any other opinion is wrong.
    So basically everyone who's in this thread advocating for tinker.

A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Hmmm sounds like Teriz "evidence is concrete and they are right and any other opinion is wrong."
    Last edited by Hatecore; 2014-03-24 at 05:09 AM.

That's a bit of a stretch. You could easily argue it's as much of an alchemist ability, unless you're going to bet your entire argument on the delivery system rather than what it actually does

I'm just lumping these two together. Just because you think it, doesn't make it actually so. It's your opinion, not fact.

....even though the class has some pretty deep roots in that profession....

So fan made? No cannon source?
    It comes from the WC3 Goblin Alchemist hero. In WoW, it's used by the Blackfuse company.

Interesting since that pocket factory you hit a plunger and are shot in the air when you come back down the town is phased there. How is that the forms the basis of Pocket Factory.
    Read the link. Basically goblins have the ability to create towns from boxes they carry around. That's the same way pocket factory worked in WoW.

Hammer tank? Too whimsical
    Yet it is the Tinker ability.

Oh really? The XT Gravity Bomb is nothing like Ursol's Vortex on steroids infact someone blows up it does aoe damage to the people near them and leaves a void zone on the ground/
    That isn't from XT, that's an uncatogorized version of the spell within the game code that functions just like the HotS Tinker's ability. Read it for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    So basically everyone who's in this thread advocating for tinker.
    Basically everyone on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    That's a bit of a stretch. You could easily argue it's as much of an alchemist ability, unless you're going to bet your entire argument on the delivery system rather than what it actually does
    It repairs machines as well as organic.....

I'm just lumping these two together. Just because you think it, doesn't make it actually so. It's your opinion, not fact.
    How is it opinion? It's exactly how Cluster rocket worked in WC3.

..even though the class has some pretty deep roots in that profession....
    The Tinker predates the profession, and the profession has none of the Tinker's abilities. The connection is weak at best.

Basically everyone on the internet
    Granted tenchars

That isn't from XT, that's an uncatogorized version of the spell within the game code that functions just like the HotS Tinker's ability. Read it for yourself.
    Really? not attached to XT at all? That's funny, because from THIS gravity bomb, in the "Effect #1", it's strangely linked to your "Uncategorized" spell... ain't that strange?

- - - Updated - - -

It repairs machines as well as organic...
    ..and? Just because it can also heal machines doesn't mean it's clearly the sign of a tinker ability. If anything it only enforces the idea that a skilled alchemist needs to create something that heals both biological and mechanical parts.

How is it opinion? It's exactly how Cluster rocket worked in WC3.
    Uhh... because I'm pretty sure the majority of people will tell you that tinkering isn't the first thing someone thinks of when someone says, "Cannon".

The Tinker predates the profession, and the profession has none of the Tinker's abilities. The connection is weak at best.
    You heard it here folks - Engineering never existed as an idea in the Warcraft universe before tinkers.