Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    Exactly.

When I used to raid heroic progression most of our wipes were mechanics. That's what we progressed on; getting the nuances of the fight down. Occasionally more burst was required for an add or something. 1% wipes were not nearly as common as they are now in LFR lol.

As I've said, I'll never understand why the WoW community is so hive-mined when it comes to specs and theoretical damage. This is why blizzard ignores us so much on this topic. Between the unbacked claims, the doomsaying, the peening, and the delusions of pro-raiding grandeur we, collectively, have no idea wtf we're talking about.
    Sims and aggregate websites are awesome tools and super helpful, but the average player seems to totally misuse them. It's really driven the hive mind effect to probably one of the highest levels ever - and warlocks are a great example of this. People see that Observers sim the highest dps - dissent matter if they're only a hair better, they're the best damnit! So now you see people doing pants on head retarded things like using observer on every single encounter.

People see Demo on raidbots and think it's an accurate picture of what the spec can do, and they call it trash. Now once you get out of the top 3ish % of raiders you see that the overwhelming majority of Warlocks play destro on every fight. It's so silly, not that Destro is a bad spec - obviously it's very good - but people are like brainwashed into thinking Aff is only viable on 1-3 fights and Demo is trash. It's really sad how people will probably jump on a Demo lock and tell them to respec because of a wipe at this point in the expansion. If you wipe it's not because you need cutting edge damage, it's cause your group as a collective is fucking up.

I'm in a lucky position where I'm playing in a guild with people who respect my skill as a player. I have nothing to prove so I can play whatever I want whenever. But like Jessikcka has said, in a lot of guilds when the boss doesn't die questions get asked. And that really sucks. Nothing is worse than being benched or asked to respec - especially when there are numerous things that probably need fixed that are way more important than spec choice. If you're in a world first guild that's totally different, and that does matter. But everyone else? No way.
    Last edited by Zynx; 2014-03-29 at 04:28 PM.
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Zynx View Post
    People see Demo on raidbots and think it's an accurate picture of what the spec can do, and they call it trash. Now once you get out of the top 3ish % of raiders you see that the overwhelming majority of Warlocks play destro on every fight. It's so silly, not that Destro is a bad spec - obviously it's very good - but people are like brainwashed into thinking Aff is only viable on 1-3 fights and Demo is trash. It's really sad how people will probably jump on a Demo lock and tell them to respec because of a wipe at this point in the expansion. If you wipe it's not because you need cutting edge damage, it's cause your group as a collective is fucking up.
    This. The misconception that leads to people believing that destro is the best specc for most fights when affliction is better on just about every fight but garrosh and klaxxi's is extremely annoying, especially if you're outside that rough ~5% top guilds. If a wipe happens and you're not in destro, while still topping the meters as aff, you still get the all the **** about destro being able to pull more dps than aff which would have resulted in a kill. They look at the top 5 parses on fights which include huge padding by destro locks and start assuming automatically that the specc is extremely OP that it should be played no matter what.

Deleted
    Play what you want to play. At this stage in the tier if your guild has poor progress there's more to it than you not playing the "optimal" spec.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Unlike people would like you to believe, demo is not useless.

Example of a top guild(blood legion) bringing not 1, but 2 demo warlocks to their raid: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3451&e=3696

Edit: Note they brought 2 affliction and 2 demonology warlocks, destruction is useless.
    They have been on farm for months you idiot. They are doing it for pure fun, demo is NOT better.
    Graviity

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    There isn't an exact threshold where suddenly Demo pulls its head out of the sand. It's not a Magikarp.
    Made my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhial View Post
    HEY BUDDY! (It's Raz)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSrTnWDTdwI
    Streaming high end lock, mage and warrior play in 1080p.http://www.twitch.tv/yoloswagins