Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    hmm, it's not the first time i see someone saying D2C was bad. it was perfectly fine. it had some balance issues and it was a bit buggy (actually, for blizzards standards back then it was buggy as fuck) but most of it got fixed in couple of patches (which were more frequent then today). and unlike D3 it didn't have major design flaws or broken systems and many people played classic even after LoD was long out (cause it was a bit different experience). also unlike RoS, LoD didn't have to 'fix' anything about D2C, it just added more cool stuff on top.
    It's kind of disingenious to say that LoD didn't "fix" anything with Vanilla D2. Expansions always fix stuff one way or another. Plus, the game got patched a ton, which were in one way, shape, or form, "fixes", so there were plenty of flaws for Blizzard to work at over the years.

Besides, patch 2.0.1 was the actual fix for Vanilla D3, not the expansion itself. All the systems in the game were reinvisioned and it was all free of charge. The features of the expansion can be considered additional features just as well as what Lord of Destruction offered, so this line of reasoning doesn't make a ton of sense anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Besides, patch 2.0.1 was the actual fix for Vanilla D3, not the expansion itself. All the systems in the game were reinvisioned and it was all free of charge. The features of the expansion can be considered additional features just as well as what Lord of Destruction offered, so this line of reasoning doesn't make a ton of sense anyway.
    well see, that's what i'm saying here. LoD tweaked stuff and expanded on the formula but didn't do much 'revisioning' cause the systems were fine.

also, 2.0.1 was basically RoS paused at lvl 60 and the fact that it was free is not really the point tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Except, it's not as black and white. Mathematically, sure, the health and damage of monsters becomes greater - how much greater doesn't seem to be listed anywhere, although from my experience it seems to be an insignificant increase.

However, the fact that there are 4 targets (and their pets, both temporary and permanent as well as possible followers if using Asheara) drops the actual difficulty of playing immensely. Monsters don't usually target all 4 players at once, and as long as the one that's being targeted can take one or two hits and avoid the rest, the monster is ripped into pieces meanwhile. Not to mention the fact that with 4 players, boss fights don't fail if one, two, or even three people die. Players can resurrect each other. And then there's, obviously, group buffs, and gaining power from people in your group.

It doesn't matter what kind of gear you are, or what difficulty level you're running at; if the other three aren't oneshot cannon fodder, then you're always being carried by the power of the group. When you go solo, you go solo. It's you the monster comes after. You got nobody to help you or heal you, you don't get extra buffs, your buffs aren't more powerful because there are players around, nothing.

Multiplayer is the easy mode of this game. And you get rewarded for it on top of everything.

I blame this damn social media "let's all socialize and hold hands and dance in circle and sing songs" -time we've been thrust in. No matter what, every game and service seems to want to push you into being a part of some commune, to share all your experiences with the world, to become one with random strangers and have fun and all that hippy shit. I gave up years ago hoping that there'd be an MMO where you could be a part of a multiplayer experience without being forced into holding hands with strangers but now it seems Diablo games are going the same way. I see a future where if you don't have a Facebook page of some sort and share your life constantly with the world, you get put in a mental institution because people will think there's something wrong with you. Oh well. Hope I die before that happens.
    Tell that to Alkayzer that is going for paragon 1000

Even then he can have great geared ppl running with him he choses to go solo you know why? Because he can get 50% mitigation with unity on follower and invencible relic.

There is a slight incentive to go party in game but its not that big, that renders solo play useless and waste of time.

Idk I believe diablo 3 is a great game im just getting bored of the game now. Monks have an assortment of problems and I feel like I cant get better equipment without a god send in rolls or those few items that will take me to the next level (looking at you tf and soh)...over 400 rifts...nada. no set pieces..no offset pieces... just a bunch of forgotten souls and 2handers that are COMPLETELY USELESS. I have the crafted cains set so I have the bonus magic find. Rng gonna rng but weeks of grinding the same rifts to see my friends decked out and I cant loot anything bis or enjoyable to make me feel rewarded in SOME WAY is no longer fun to me. It takes away the fun...but I guess. Dont even get me started on how starved for gold i am since i didnt take advantage of the AH while it was there.

Im starting to feel like you just need to be fortunate which is not my calling in this game

Maybe its just time to move on..dark souls 2 coming to pc soon any other recommendations?
    Last edited by Rawfury; 2014-04-23 at 04:40 PM.

Path of exile, as it has a trading system in the game based on trading mats.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Tell that to Alkayzer that is going for paragon 1000

Even then he can have great geared ppl running with him he choses to go solo you know why? Because he can get 50% mitigation with unity on follower and invencible relic.

There is a slight incentive to go party in game but its not that big, that renders solo play useless and waste of time.

Unity has nothing to do with why he or anyone would play solo. You mitigate much more damage in a group by not being the focus 100% of the time and only 25% of the time, this isn't even counting the fact that party buffs alone can mitigate more than 50%. There is a huge advantage to playing in a group.

The only advantage solo play has over group play is that you won't be held back by other players that aren't as motivated/determined as you. For the vast majority of players group play is better 100% of the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I enjoyed the first two weeks, after that all the exploits and cheesy ways of farming xp skyrocketed all my friends way past my level. The horrible game balance and blizzard's inability to administer just punishment to these exploiters have ruined the game for me.