Poll: Still excited for WoD?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Am I fuck! Game sucks cock! Toxic community full of dumb shits, and it'll just be more of the same, they can stick it. I've had my time with Warcraft, time to sell the account and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Can't believe there are still people screaming for the game to infinitely expand with new races and new classes every expansion. My 5 year old nephew has more toys than god, but he mostly ignores them now, even new ones he got as recently as Christmas, to just play outside and run around with my dog. New, shiny toys are just temporary distractions
    It's not just the lack of a new class/race (really, updated models should compensate for that on some level), it's the lack of new features that is typical of an expansion.

I geeked the fuck out when I saw this reveal. OMG MONKS! OMG PANDAREN! Do you know how long I had been wanting Pandaria/pandaren in game? And THEN they revealed scenarios. THEN challenge modes. THEN pet battles. THEN the new talent system.

I was so unbelievably excited when I saw this reveal.

Then we got this:

New character models. Garrisons. Boost to 90. A new PvP zone. Very light on the systems innovation and design.

Don't get me wrong, the shot of the female draenei scanning over a winter wasteland, and the shot of Velen were very cool. But you can't argue that, when you compare the two reveal trailers, that WoD feels decidedly lighter in announced content. Even though we know that there is more maintenance-like work in this upcoming expansion, such as adding more pets for pet battling, and adding more scenarios along with dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Because Blizzard is a publicly owned company and if they try anything that loses them even an inch of subs stocks will drop like a rock. And they will be sued.

Welcome to today's corporate america.
    Today's companies know to innovate or die. That is why we have shit like birthday cake Oreos and Tapitos-flavored Doritos. An MMO is not a stagnant game, you don't need to reinvent the wheel every expansion but you see other games doing things before WoW is, and that is disconcerting. AoE looting and the companion system for professions is from SWTOR. Dyes/wardrobes are from games like Rift and LOTRO. Dynamic questing from GW2. Blizzard should be doing these things first, or at the very least doing them better.
    Last edited by Celista; 2014-03-29 at 07:52 PM.

Not really, being kept in the dark about progress is a bit dull. I'm looking forward to the new stuff and i'll probably get excited again about 1-2 months pre-launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    walterwhitegoddamnright.gif

but is selected no to peel potato skins because you can make delicious food with it :< you jerk. Dont take potatoes name in vain! they didnt do anything except be delicious!.....they do have a ton of carbs but thats beside the point!
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Lets be quite honest here...it's not our game anymore fellas.
    It used to be.
    But I am guessing that with 3 million pet battles a day, by far the most activity happening, we've turned the corner.
    Yes they still make a small effort for us, mythic modes, ect...
    but if you were blizz, and you saw that the vast majority of your subs were pet battlers, what would you do?
    Am I happy about that? no.
    Is that the reality of our game now? probably.
    I guess time will tell, but I don't hold much hope for the current direction, so far from what has been shared with us, it seems more like a maintainance patch that we have to pay for more than it does an xpac.

I know it's just my view, I know lots of people are thrilled about skins and garrisons, I just don't care about something that's gone as soon as I put gear on, and farm 2.0 sounds about as awesome as facebook farm to me. (if I fucking wanted facebook farm I'd go play fucking facebook farm AND NOT FUCKING PAY A SUB FOR IT EITHER)
    I want game play. Beating fucking baddies, and fucking dragons. That is why I play. Not to erp in the SW/IF tram (oooh look at thar skinz!!!111)
    Not that I am knocking you if you like to erp in the sw/if tram mind you...just that I don't call skins and a farm content in CONTEXT with what wow has been about up until now.
    But hey, just b/c there are thing that I don't dig doesn't make it wrong....just less appealing to ME.
    Like I said, it's not really made for me anymore, it's made for my son, my GF and me to casual at now.
    Which in the long run might not be a bad thing, but damn it, it bugs me right now.

ps: I'm not mad or verbally beating anyone up, I just have a potty mouth here lol
    Last edited by Bigbamboozal; 2014-03-29 at 09:26 PM.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Lets be quite honest here...it's not our game anymore fellas.
    It used to be.
    But I am guessing that with 3 million pet battles a day, by far the most activity happening, we've turned the corner.
    Yes they still make a small effort for us, mythic modes, ect...
    but if you were blizz, and you saw that the vast majority of your subs were pet battlers, what would you do?
    Am I happy about that? no.
    Is that the reality of our game now? probably.
    I guess time will tell, but I don't hold much hope for the current direction, so far from what has been shared with us, it seems more like a maintainance patch that we have to pay for more than it does an xpac.

I know it's just my view, I know lots of people are thrilled about skins and garrisons, I just don't care about something that's gone as soon as I put gear on, and farm 2.0 sounds about as awesome as facebook farm to me. (if I fucking wanted facebook farm I'd go play fucking facebook farm AND NOT FUCKING PAY A SUB FOR IT EITHER)
    I want game play. Beating fucking baddies, and fucking dragons. That is why I play. Not to erp in the SW/IF tram (oooh look at thar skinz!!!111)
    Not that I am knocking you if you like to erp in the sw/if tram mind you...just that I don't call skins and a farm content in CONTEXT with what wow has been about up until now.
    But hey, just b/c there are thing that I don't dig doesn't make it wrong....just less appealing to ME.
    Like I said, it's not really made for me anymore, it's made for my son, my GF and me to casual at now.
    Which in the long run might not be a bad thing, but damn it, it bugs me right now.

ps: I'm not mad or verbally beating anyone up, I just have a potty mouth here lol
    the game is what you make of it. blizzard left things for you to do. its all a matter of if you want to do it. if you want to be hardcore you can if you want to pet battle you can. if you want to just pet battle you can. Like it said its as hardcore and softcore as you want it. not really sure what you was getting at with that post i prob just dont understand so yeah....
    14/14h and finally done

I daresay this expansion is more geared towards PvPers than PvErs, this time around. Seems light on PvE features, but has a good deal of PvP stuff in the pipeline.

Ashran. Tournament support. Gold/gear through BGs. Easier ganking with no flyers. Heavy PvP core system being reworked. New stats and less CC to make for interesting and fresh gameplay. New models to keep the game fresh. Racials being reworked.

Possible additional BGs/Arenas in future patches.

Seems like a PvPer's dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    the game is what you make of it. blizzard left things for you to do. its all a matter of if you want to do it. if you want to be hardcore you can if you want to pet battle you can. if you want to just pet battle you can. Like it said its as hardcore and softcore as you want it. not really sure what you was getting at with that post i prob just dont understand so yeah....
    He's saying that he doesn't like garrisons and pet battles and there are few new features designed to cater to the more hardcore playerbase. Which is true.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    God forbids you see 20k crits instead of 200k crits on something that has 20m hp instead of 200m, game is going to shit amarite?
    I'm sure there will be an addon to multiply numbers by 10 for the whingers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    He's saying that he doesn't like garrisons and pet battles and there are few new features designed to cater to the more hardcore playerbase. Which is true.
    its kinda hard to add a bunch of new features to pve that will deviate from the norm that wont be a wild shift and well you know how people when it comes to change so i imagine bliz is sticking to what it knows will work and just polishing what it has.
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Pandaria was a story that made perfect sense post Cataclysm,
    Wow, just as I was thinking these forums could not get any more ......

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. No need to be. I am not even excited for ESO and that is out in a few hours. I don't need to be. When you know for a fact you will enjoy a game there is no reason to be excited.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    personally i'm super freaking excited.

it's going to be a great expac IMO
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    If the past two expansions are any indication of the future, then no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    it's going to be a great expac IMO
    Thats what people said about Cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Thats what people said about Cataclysm
    Your point? Jaded much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Your point? Jaded much?
    It's strange to be comparing Cataclysm to Draenor, but I get their comparison. Which is an extremely shitty comparison in truth. Oh so since Cataclysm tried to make healing better with more skill involved, reduced the number of abilities to make it less complex for players, made dungeons and raids more difficult, redone world, everything is leading up to Cataclysm 2.0 right?

But the reason why I say its a shitty example is because they can't see the forest from the trees. They aren't getting the bigger picture of what was being done in Cataclysm and in MoP. Talent Trees are arguably the best it has ever been. Objectively and subjectively, every game developer and fan would more or less actually love it since it has more choice than any other. A redone world of vanilla was great for leveling players. Ability bloat was also a good thing. Healing changes were great too. But there came problems to everything afterwards.

If anything, MoP taught them a lot and I think WoD is going to be a little bit of them taking all of the good stuff from every expansion and thus combining them together. At least, that is what I am reading from their posts. The only thing I am hating on is that they may or may not have the updated models done before release.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks really good. Lets just hope they don't add another Timeless isle, that place sucked more then anything ever introduced before.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    It looks really good. Lets just hope they don't add another Timeless isle, that place sucked more then anything ever introduced before.
    They are going to make the entire continent exactly like Timeless Isle. According to Blizz it was a "success"...what they call a "success" scares me away as a customer IMO.