Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    By casual I imply people with lower skill, time and without a steady group and optimal party composition (hunter/mage/shaman etc)
    This is a matter of perspective, clearly, but that's not at all what casual means to me.

First of all the title (9/9 bronze) is very, very easy and could be done by your average 50k DPS LFR-hero. You get 45-60m to complete bronzes and the only way to fail is to wipe 8+ times. The mount is harder, but anyone who can handle flex or normal mode raids can easily get 9/9 silver without bothering with ideal group compositions, consumables or specialized CM gear.

Getting your transmog set will require a bit more effort for most people, but doesn't require a lot of the things people think it does. A player seeking 9/9 gold should have the following things: 1) a non-legendary meta gem, 2) a pair of good CM trinkets (463 blue trinkets are better than most SoO trinkets because of scaling), 3) consumables (flask, DPS potions, Klaxxi amber for healers, invisibility potions), 4) a steady, patient group to work through each run, 5) a good baseline understanding of class mechanics (you need to do about 60-80k single target DPS in 463-scaled gear).

Having previous experience with CMs, even sub-gold, will help. Having a tank who has done them before is worth his weight in gold. Some CM runs have taken me 3 hours to come away with a single gold, and some I have cleared 6 golds in the same time. Be patient, be prepared to wipe and learn. It can be done by anyone willing to put forth the effort, and that effort can be spread over multiple nights/weeks on a schedule that works for your group. My first 9/9 CM group was probably 6 weeks to complete.

You have plenty of time before WoD, so just start working toward the goal and you will get there.
    Last edited by Adhemar; 2014-03-29 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Hey look it's the dictionary of nope.

Casuals tend to log less time into the game, but their skill can range from amazing, to complete shit. So yes, Challenge modes, like everything else can be done.

As for is it hard? Yes, it is.
    So a person who logs in for hours a day just to run around and look at scenery, take neat screenshots and chat with their friends is a hardcore player just because they're logged in for hours per day?

I agree 100% with the person you quoted. Half of my server's Server First guild only logs in for raid nights and each and every one of them would be considered hardcore by almost any standard.

Anyway OP, you're going to want to bring your single target DPS up a bit. Something tells me if you're only pulling 50k in level 90 gear, you may also lack some of the necessary class understanding required to go for the golds you're after. Yes that's an assumption, but likely a safe one. Knowledge of your class and your performance when it counts are the most important keys to success in there.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

The casual hardcores can easily do challenge modes.

The other casuals (the ones that don't go to MMO-C to make sure everyone knows they're "casual") die at the first trash pull. And it wasn't even close.

Seriously.

No, if a casual player enters a challenge mode dungeon they will be permanently banned.

No but seriously why is this a thread? Anyone can do challenge modes and saying you can't because you're casual is just making an excuse for being bad.