Thread: Is this you?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is this you?

Bad day, or is this happening to you? Just curious.

There's a dude in group six. Why is there a dude in group six?!

So...

A guy who runs LFR and hates it, keeps running LFR because that's "what he does".

Why doesn't he quit?

There's people ignorant to their class and general raid-mechanics in LFR? Gods no. There's poorly geared people in LFR? The gear is obviously good enough to queue with.
    Apart from being mad about Blizzard letting the boost out now, what's his point? That people on new characters are bad? That the casual playerbase is... casual?

I'm not sure what to do with this video, it confused me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Bad day, or is this happening to you? Just curious.

So it took him 3.5 hours to get two stacks of determination?

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    So it took him 3.5 hours to get two stacks of determination?
    From what I gathered, it was just one run in a series of runs, that took place over 3.5 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Uhm nope I quit prior to Boosts so haven't seen them. LFR was awful before boosts not sure why anyone thinks it would improve.

Quote Originally Posted by restoxpresso View Post
    So...

A guy who runs LFR and hates it, keeps running LFR because that's "what he does".

Why doesn't he quit?

There's people ignorant to their class and general raid-mechanics in LFR? Gods no. There's poorly geared people in LFR? The gear is obviously good enough to queue with.
    Apart from being mad about Blizzard letting the boost out now, what's his point? That people on new characters are bad? That the casual playerbase is... casual?

I'm not sure what to do with this video, it confused me a lot.
    Preach does a lot of guides on various aspects of the game. He stopped raiding (he raided with Method before) to dedicate the time needed to his channel to make a living off of it. He does LFR to get the footage for his guides because heroic dungeons are garbage and there's a lot you can learn from LFR. He's frustrated because he can't get his footage for his videos, which is how he makes a living.

Mainly, he's mad because Blizzard did not respect their word of providing boosted 90s with a starting zone to make them more than worthless in group content. Which is a legitimate complaint. This isn't rocket surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post

Mainly, he's mad because Blizzard did not respect their word of providing boosted 90s with a starting zone to make them more than worthless in group content. Which is a legitimate complaint. This isn't rocket surgery.
    They zoned in on TI, isn't that a starter zone where they can get epics?

this is exactly why i spent my lvl 90 boost(blood dk) getting honor from pvp rares a day, doing the pvp dailies on isle of thunder, and changing jp to honor, and getting full 522 gear, fully gemmed in enchanted, and doing flex. i refuse to go into lfr

also although hes right and should wait until the xpac to use ur 90 and see whats going to be OP, its a pretty safe bet that mages/locks will always be at the top of pve raiding.
    Last edited by kaamila; 2014-03-29 at 06:41 AM.

Gave me something to do. My boosted Druid is 546 already.

Deleted
    I don't have time to watch a poorly made video that wants to be show certain cut scenes but fails to cut them together and shows no change for 5 minutes. So what the fuck is this topic about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst it helps that I run high damage output, I've only had one bad LFR since the boost, and as horrible as that was, we still one shot all the bosses.

Deleted
    I did LFR ToT and SoO yesterday and not a single wipe. Anyway, 99% of people who use boost have level 90 char already and know LFR. In fact I feel like it got even better, since more experienced players who avoid LFR now use it equip their boosted alts.
    Last edited by mmoc331d9c635d; 2014-03-29 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    They zoned in on TI, isn't that a starter zone where they can get epics?
    Blizzard said boosted characters would get a DK-like starting zone where they would do some quests and learn their spells to familiarize themselves with their new class.

It's hilarious that someone who goes running LFR proving how easy it is to see the content and the game is fucked because of it... can't kill bosses in LFR anymore and is complaining about that too.

Just more proof Mikepreachwow is a hypocrite and his videos should be taken with a grain of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Rmn View Post
    I did LFR ToT and SoO yesterday and not a single wipe. Anyway, 99% of people who use boost have level 90 char already and know LFR. In fact I feel like it got even better, since more experienced players who avoid LFR now use it equip their boosted alts.
    My experience as well. DPS/Healing may be lower now, but execution got better.

And I'm very scared now of the dreaded P2W Boost. I'm sure all high end PvE players and high end PvP players are trembling in their feet now that they won't be able to get their server firsts or Gladiators...

Wait, no.
    Last edited by Milkyz; 2014-03-29 at 12:47 PM.

Why are you doing LFR, get timeless gear and do flex... this is stupid.

Also, I think you don't realize that millions of these people playing this game are literally children.

15+ Year Old Account
    I usually like the videos of mikepreach but this was just whining. Yes, we may have too many undergeared and clueless people due to everyone boosting at the same time.
    Who cares, really? Avoid LFR, go out to sunlight, whatever. This expansion is already finished, do something meaningful instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It's hilarious that someone who goes running LFR proving how easy it is to see the content and the game is fucked because of it... can't kill bosses in LFR anymore and is complaining about that too.

Just more proof Mikepreachwow is a hypocrite and his videos should be taken with a grain of salt.
    That's not hypocrisy. The content is still trivially easy and it is bad for the game to have it be the main source of endgame content. The devs agree, as they are moving LFR away from gear progression with Heroic Dungeons coming back. The problem isn't that the content is now hard, it's that a large portion of those who run it are now even WORSE than before.

Really, you just don't like the guy and are making shit up to like him even less.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    That's not hypocrisy. The content is still trivially easy and it is bad for the game to have it be the main source of endgame content. The devs agree, as they are moving LFR away from gear progression with Heroic Dungeons coming back. The problem isn't that the content is now hard, it's that a large portion of those who run it are now even WORSE than before.

Really, you just don't like the guy and are making shit up to like him even less.
    Except the whole POINT he made is that he could get through LFR's smoothly while doing nothing, and now he can't and he's complaining about it despite complaining he could before. That is hypocrisy in it's simplest form.

And yes I don't like the guy, anyone who actually thinks he has a point about vanilla/TBC didn't know enough back then to know he's spewing BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."