Deleted

Help with the final touches.

So after a lot of research and advice Ive finally finished my build just got a few undecided factors. That being between two 770's or one 780ti. And what kind of monitor should I look for. From what I have read this seems to be a good make to go for. http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/m...l7cla.tbu.html

The build is currently, I7 4770K, H60 Cooler, Fractal R4 Case, Asus Z87-A, 850W Corsair gold, 16GB Ram + 250GB SSD 1TB HD.

So the key points is the SLI really worth it? Or am I better off with a 780ti?

Edit - Forgot to say PC will be used for high end games and streaming.
    Last edited by mmoce654f85b41; 2014-03-29 at 08:59 PM.

780 Ti is definitely the clear choice. It trades blows with 770 SLI, consumes less power, avoids microstutter and most importantly doesn't come with the annoying issues that SLI goes hand in hand with (such as being bugged on new releases, complete lack of SLI support in some titles reducing your performance in half, etc).

http://anandtech.com/bench/product/1072?vs=1064

That said, the PSU is absolute overkill as a 4770k and 780 Ti rig would consume around 280-300w while playing demanding games, 350~ if you were benching both the CPU and GPU. You'd be better off getting a quality 550w (maybe 600 if you want to do some ludicrous overclocking) and getting a higher performing CPU cooler.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    The reason for the overkill PSU was in case I choose at some point to SLI the 780ti's. Thanks for clearing that up Glo, 100% set on the 780ti now =D.

Only thing left now is finding a monitor.

What's you're budget for it? Do you play FPS or other games mainly?
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    I spend equally amount really on games so itd be like 15 hours on dota 15 hours across CS / BF few hours on some MMO's. Ideally I looking at £150ish range. However im not sure on the quality vs price and compromising on monitors.

I ask because stuff like CS can be insanely better on a 144Hz monitor vs 60Hz. You more than double your displayable FPS which can help tons in a twitch shooter like that. It also just completely changes the experience, games are crazily butter smooth. Many people swear by this BenQ for that budget, it's wildly popular among the CS crowd: http://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-GL2450H...=144hz+monitor

On the other hand you have IPS panels that offer much better color accuracy and better viewing angles at the cost of response time and being limited to 60Hz. It's typically advised to get one of these if you're not going to be doing any competitive FPS gaming, which you seem to actually be doing with CS. Not to mention, a decent IPS panel may be out of your stated budget anyway.

build pics

Deleted
    Here. That is, if your primary gaming isn't FPS games. If not the BenQs above are probably the way to go.