Poll: Did you enjoy Timeless Isle?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    No, Timeless Isle was not my cup of tea. I didn't really like the free giveaway epics part of it.
    Lemme get a vial for those tears...to precious to waste....

OT: I enjoyed the Isle, was a good way to make my 9/10 classes decently geared when i was too busy raiding on my on my main.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

It's the best thing that happened to Wow since TBC imo. There is so much going on at the isle, world pvp being a huge part of it. And Wow feels alive for once again because everyone goes to the isle.

10+ Year Old Account
    To equip my alts that I never play? Yes, was a success!

But according to Blizzard, it was a great success and I agree with that.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    Lemme get a vial for those tears...to precious to waste....

OT: I enjoyed the Isle, was a good way to make my 9/10 classes decently geared when i was too busy raiding on my on my main.
    Some special powers you got there, thinking that I'm crying.

Yeah, no, get real.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was great. It offers content in so many facets. A super long grindy reputation for people who like that, treasure hunting, world bosses, a quicker and more active gear catch up system, rewarding rng with burdens, and an outlet for world pvp even if your server is lopsided on one faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was okay, but I think it needs work. There is a lot more they could have done with it than what we got.

IT could of had better events. We can see very simple events happening. But it needs more. On a big scale like a content hopefully we will see it. Perhaps rares that take an entire server to take down. unlike houlon that takes 10 seconds.

Evermaw was broken.

I think Timeless, mixed with IoT quests, with the story of 5.1

would be the greatest thing ever

It wasn't my thing at all, but I'd still say it was probably a success. They tried something a little different, and it didn't flop. I'd call that a win.

I dislike Timewaste Isle but I can't deny that it is a success. I can't understand why, but clearly many players do enjoy it

as tedious and repetitive as daily quests can be, an RNG grind is not the answer. Timeless Isle has only a small handful of quests that involve the islands story, offers little to no direction for players on the island leaving them to just grind rare spawns and elites, essentially doing the exact things that the worst of the daily quests would make you do but without that little bit of story that differentiates the different grind quests from eachother

I much prefer the approach used on Isle of Thunder. random daily hubs each with a selection of random quests and a story that unfolds as you progress through the island. it's not perfect but it takes weeks to get bored of it instead of just minutes like Timeless Isle

Yeah, wish they'd have thrown in more of the ToT style solo scenarios, and made it feel like something was happening there though.

Even if it just let us push slowly up towards Ordos, then by week 2/3 we got to his part.

The only reason I say is because once you start taking alts, it can get tedious. So more ways to break it up would've been nice.

Pro's:
    - Brings back world pvp even on servers with lop sided factions
    - Mobs with interesting mechanics that you don't just go around and one shot

Con's:
    - Most of the rare spawns are jokes and die within a couple of seconds of spawning.... the concept of mobs just spawning, then dying to 20 players within 5 seconds.... is that really an interesting one?
    - Tedious rep grind that offers no rewards besides a mount
    - Gear is too easy to get, the 535 stuff I mean. I had like 7 or 8 pieces within 3 to 4 hours of grinding. Keep in mind this just involved getting tags on rare spawns, I didn't really have to do anything skillful here.
    - Once you've been on the isle for an hour, you've seen *everything*.

Timeless isle was a success in enabling people to catch up quickly to be able to run new-ish content, the problems lies there after, the game has too many tiers for the final content. if we took the new heroics in WOTLK for example, which are meant to be timeless equivalent, they had 232 illv which was enough to run icc 10 back then. Now you have to do 2 tiers, raid finder and flex, to be eligible for normal

10+ Year Old Account
    I think generally it was a success. Not too keen on the some of the retard coin collectors who think they are skilled attacking one person in a group of 3-4, but hey that's me.

Elite mobs are far far easier to solo as ranged than melee (at least for me), so bit more balancing there somehow needed.

As Blizz said it was really an experimental area and for that it did fairly well.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was okay at the beginning but it got really really old fast. I think my experience was a lot better since I was on a PvE server and had the ability to explore the whole place throughly without having to worry about getting ganked all the time. Even still, after about 2 months I didn't want to set foot in that place, once I finished my legendary quest on my lock I never went back again.

Timeless Isle was better than Thunder Isle, but I don't care much for either of them. I had fond memories of Isle of Quel'danas but that was because it was new and interesting back then. I really didn't get into the Thunder Isle or Timeless that much, it felt too grindy and quite frankly annoying to quest there. Mainly because of the large amounts of mobs clustered in each area.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    No, Timeless Isle was not my cup of tea. I didn't really like the free giveaway epics part of it.
    But I bet if they weren't purple you wouldn't have cared. TI gear is really really terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    But I bet if they weren't purple you wouldn't have cared. TI gear is really really terrible.
    Relative to what? To raider gear? What about my alts sitting around in 463 gear because I'm not interested in queuing for running 15 different LFR's on 10 different characters a week? Yeah, that gear is pretty attractive to them. That boost in ilevel can also get them into SoO LFR which can eventually get them into SoO flex. So yes, it's not 553 gear and the sockets aren't there, but so what.

Oh, I mean, ermahgerd I do actual raids to get my gears and everyone in Timeless gear is just totally beneath me.
    Look! Words!

like it or not, the 'welfare epics' 'problem' is a necessity to enable people who enter into raiding late in the expansion some chance to catch up. it was always a nightmare in the old days to recruit a newly dinged max level, but often necessary on lesser populated realms, to have to walk them through all the previous raid tiers repeatedly to gear them up to the point where it was viable to take them to current content
    even with LFR it can take a long time to gear a character up from newly 90 to ready for SoO without using loot from Timeless Isle or Valour Point vendors

if the problem was only gearing alts then an heirloom style system would be a perfect solution, with bind on account raidworthy gear available. but Blizz have to take into account the new and returning players who want to get into raiding and the guilds looking for recruits who have to consider applications who aren't at the current raiding level yet

Sitting at the end of a bridge every 30 minutes waiting for a "rare" to spawn that drops the only thing on the isle worth having is hardly engaging or fun. It's even less fun as a fresh 90 on a pvp server.

No. It's suppose to be the "non-raiding PVE content" for 12 to 15 months. It's barely more than two months if you're unlucky but persistently visiting it.

The worst thing about it is the rares having about 1/3rd the HP they should have and their scaling is virtually meaningless against crowds that have anywhere near the ilvl of even an LFR player. If rares on the island took upward of a minute to die minimum then it would be a lot less stressful and actually be somewhat enjoyable rather than "Bufo!" - "I'm at the merchants and can almost see that beach from here, guess I should just ignore that cause I'll only get halfway before it's dead. Maybe less."

Quote Originally Posted by intimidate View Post
    Timeless isle was a success in enabling people to catch up quickly to be able to run new-ish content, the problems lies there after, the game has too many tiers for the final content. if we took the new heroics in WOTLK for example, which are meant to be timeless equivalent, they had 232 illv which was enough to run icc 10 back then. Now you have to do 2 tiers, raid finder and flex, to be eligible for normal
    Not necessarily. Siege Normal is balanced around being ilvl 522. (Burdened) Timeless Gear is 535 which was heroic ToT level. Of course, with burden drop rates being "adjusted down" very early in the patch, it's rare that you'll manage to get to 522 without LFR.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2014-03-30 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Tiers thingy
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

i far far far preffered the 5.1 and 5.2 patch content. i play for lore so timeless isle didnt have that much for me, it was fun while it lasted but there was way to little story content for me to like it to much.

from what blizzard has said they are going to take the 5.1 every other day story content and mash it together with the timeless isle tons of events and little things to have a story that unfolds over a longer period of time without dailies
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

would've preferred more dailies to go with the mindless farming, really.