With Xelnath present they had someone actually playing a warlock on the team.

I have to say, I feel let down by basically all the information the devs have given us for the beta thus far. It's almost can be boiled down to "We feel we spent too much time on you for MoP, and don't want to invest too much in you for WoD". Being told that it is too late in the process for us to get any real work done while others are still having talent rows redone just feel bad. I've had a lot of my excitement sucked out of me by our changes, or more often lack thereof. We have a lot that still needs work, and it's not the numbers that will come later. It's sad to see none of that work will happen since it's "too late".

You know what the destruction Health Funnel thing reminds me of? The Chaos Bolt nerf they didn't want to admit for a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Not quite, I think that as a community we just had more impact at that point. The Warlock community is generally pretty small and not very vocal. I go on the Beta forums, and there are threads 10+ pages long for some, countless threads of Hunter, Mage and Druid feedback. The handful of Warlock threads are lucky to get to a second page and even there it's because of bickering over players of other classes who post misinformation. We have hundreds of pages of feedback here, but it doesn't go further than here where it's just going to be seen as an echo chamber.

What would bother me most is talents being incompatible with each other.

It is still mind boggling that we lost FoX, our pet heals, Fel Flame and our curses.

That might be so, but with their current level of interaction with us the situation is definitely not going to improve any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Not quite, I think that as a community we just had more impact at that point. The Warlock community is generally pretty small and not very vocal. I go on the Beta forums, and there are threads 10+ pages long for some, countless threads of Hunter, Mage and Druid feedback. The handful of Warlock threads are lucky to get to a second page and even there it's because of bickering over players of other classes who post misinformation. We have hundreds of pages of feedback here, but it doesn't go further than here where it's just going to be seen as an echo chamber.
    I wish I could post on the WoW forums, but I got permabanned a long time ago over telling Zarhym that Soul Fire was a bad spell to use, before Improved Soul Fire/Molten Core existed. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    It is still mind boggling that we lost FoX, our pet heals, Fel Flame and our curses.
    At least Fel Flame and the curses had some sort of explanation tied to them. Whether we found the explanation acceptable or not is another matter, but it was there. I have no idea why they'd go ahead and remove the pet utility.

I went and checked patch notes again. The Flames of Xoroth removal is under the headline of "niche abilities". How the hell is that a niche ability?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    I wish I could post on the WoW forums, but I got permabanned a long time ago over telling Zarhym that Soul Fire was a bad spell to use, before Improved Soul Fire/Molten Core existed. :/
    This deserves a "dafuq".

At least Fel Flame and the curses had some sort of explanation tied to them. Whether we found the explanation acceptable or not is another matter, but it was there. I have no idea why they'd go ahead and remove the pet utility.

I went and checked patch notes again. The Flames of Xoroth removal is under the headline of "niche abilities". How the hell is that a niche ability?

- - - Updated - - -

This deserves a "dafuq".
    Apparently being able to res pets is too niche for a pet class, I hope to see Soulburn: Summon Demon/Demonic Rebirth/Revive Pet/Heart of the Phoenix removed stat. hopefully the sarcasm catches on.

And yeah, I tried appealing that ban for 6 months with no answers so I gave up. It's awesome having beta and not being able to give feedback on the forums.

Deleted
    I think blizzard made it pretty clear months ago, that warlocks won't get much attention this time around because of the big overhaul last time and for being good in MoP.
    Therefore I don't really think that they have been cleaning our spellbooks to make room for any improvements at any point during the development process. What would be taken away would never to be replaced by new spells or new, interesting mechanics.

For the last weeks (basically since they effectively removed soul swap on top of removing any complexity from affliction beforehand) I'm just hoping they won't hit demonology too hard so there will be at least one enjoyable spec for me in WoD, because let's be real, we will have to live with this stuff until 7.0. There won't be an overhaul of the level 90 talents and the level 100 ones are shit too. Even charred remains.. it just makes the spec less fun.

So let's just hope that the demonic fury bar won't get changed to some sort of automatic pendulum during the next weeks

That's just the punishment for having a fun time in MoP. Despite the boring level 90 talents we had a pretty good time this expansion. And by good time I don't just mean being overpowered. We had three incredibly good balanced specs (compared to each other) for an entire expansion with every spec feeling different and unique at the same time. You just can't have that.
    Last edited by mmocbd24f84edd; 2014-07-27 at 11:18 PM.

I feel like they're paying far too much attention to us. I remember how before MoP we were praying for them to pay no mind to us because that usually meant a nerfhammer was coming our way.

Deleted
    At this point several talent rows would need an overhaul and at least affliction and destruction would need some serious work to be made interesting again. And Blizzard said that this isn't happening for the warlock class this time. So you should just give the current state of beta a look and try to find things that you might find fun and enjoyable after this goes live with tweaked numbers.
    Having played this character for almost 10 years, for me that seems to be demonology. Destruction is alternating incinerate and chaos bolt, affliction is almost back to the beginning of wrath.. only with half the amount of DoTs and no debuffs, coupled with endless channeling, which became even more tedious because you have even less to do inbetween. I tried it for days in beta and I just can't take it. I used to love that spec, especially before MoP.

I know there were multiple occasions when they were making changes (or considering changes) for warlocks and I found myself asking if the people making the change had even played a warlock. With the original MoP redesign, it seemed that someone had given a lot of thought to the warlock and different raid situations and tried to come up with an answer to each situation, and they did an amazing job. It seems that Xelnath must have been a huge part of that. One of the reasons warlocks were so strong last tier is that they had a tool in their toolbox for any situation. With each new uninformed change, we lose another piece of what made warlocks so robust.

As I have said before, this beta reminds me of WotLK beta. At the end of BC people thought we were OP and for that reason our requests and valid feedback was totally ignored, just like it is now. This class was bad when it went live. When warlock masses saw the turd Blizzard allowed to go live they rolled DK's and other classes a lot and complained heavily. Blizz actually turned around completely, came to our forums to ask how we want our class improved. It was funny because at that point they were asking for the very same feedback they mocked and belittled in beta.

I'm just waiting for this beta to end with a failed warlock design. Only going live in bad shape can cause a wake up call to get the needed attention again. Waiting for history to repeat itself.
    Last edited by 6kle; 2014-07-27 at 11:53 PM.

Well, I'm already working on getting my paladin up to snuff so I can main another class I'm heavily invested in lore-wise, just in case everything keeps crashing and burning. I have a feeling I'm not gonna be the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    I feel like they're paying far too much attention to us. I remember how before MoP we were praying for them to pay no mind to us because that usually meant a nerfhammer was coming our way.
    We weren't even powerful in cata lol I mean we weren't bad but we were far from needing a nerf so realistically I've never been afraid of inc nerfs till now cause affliction ruined 5.4 for warlocks (in my opinion).

I feel they aren't paying enough attention to us, they are barely even working with our talents, our level 100 talents are so bad at the moment that they literally don't even change our dps, I beat our other warlocks who had level 100 talents where as I didn't during beta testing cause my leveled warlock was in a bad zone -1.

Right now I'm getting annoyed at their up and down, hot and cold, yes and no, attitude towards our lack of movement, I think that KJC needs to function just like ice floes because it is the best designed movement talent in the game in my opinion.

Charred remains needs to be removed for the love of god I hate it, cataclysm needs a new animation and a significant buff, and Demonic servitude needs better interaction with other talents while also simultaneously needing a significant buff.

Destro is too powerful in my opinion, it should be kind of like frost mage/survival hunter/combat rogue, the easy spec that is hard to fail at (this means nerfing our cheesing mechanics so that there aren't great locks out there doing crazy numbers by simply knowing what to do, such as adding an ICD to our shadowburn ember generation, making shadowburn use 2 havoc charges or 3 even.) if they did that and also did a slight number nerf I feel destro would be inline with frost mage ect and where it belongs.

Demo needs something real, fury generation feels little clunky but I'm okay with it if our fury gen from killing something wasn't kinda annoying (I assume you need the KB for fury gen in beta cause sometimes when my pet gets the last hit I don't get fury from it while in meta) it should be our go to high geared spec (somewhat similar in situation to fire mage) but it just doesn't have a place at all unless it has an issue that makes it 'more powerful than intended' and when blizzard nerfs it and wonders why in heroic SoO there are 300 demo locks and 10,000 destro locks (according to a calculation I made up for this post) then claims it isn't bad, it isn't just bad it has no place sure it wouldn't be the worst dps if it was the only option for warlocks but if destro and afflic are even half competitive demo will never be played so it should always be a step ahead in my opinion.

Afflic, fuck affliction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Health Funnel is still in the game. Demonology also still has the instant summon while in metamorphosis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 6kle View Post
    I'm just waiting for this beta to end with a failed warlock design. Only going live in bad shape can cause a wake up call to get the needed attention again. Waiting for history to repeat itself.
    Except warlocks don't have a failed design currently on beta.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Yes and no. It's not a complete design failure, but it is a failure in some areas

Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    I'm amazed that they're being so rigid on not wanting to putting fel flame in a beta build to at least test it. The warlock community has voiced their opinion on kiljaeden's cunning and the usefulness of it,yet they still are trying to salvage that very underwhelming talent as opposed to trying something with fel flame. I'm shocked that they also haven't talked about the impact(at least lore/class flavor wise) of the removal of warlock curses.
    Fuck, just remove KJC and replace it in the talent tree with Fel Flame at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post

Afflic, fuck affliction.
    You and the devs seem to be in agreement on that one. I sooo wanted to hang up Destruction and play Affliction in this expansion. That just ain't gonna happen though.

10+ Year Old Account
    If only we could revert back to Cataclysm affliction playstyle and call it a day. it seemed so much more fluid.
    I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.