Quote Originally Posted by Zareth View Post
    I'm sorry if this has already been discussed and I missed it, but I saw the readiness for Balance when going through the WoD talent calculator at Wowhead. In its current iteration, it looks like this: Readiness: Balance
    Adding in the official "It's still Alpha" statement.

In other topics, I have seen lots of complaints about mushrooms ever since they were put in the game. They were always a little bit of a pain in the ass but I still found it rewarding game play for using them correctly in Cata and I'm glad to see Blizzard trying to breath life back into them. My personal thoughts to help improve the "Water your mushrooms" mechanic:
    • Give the charged mushrooms the Tigereye brew treatment and have it clear on pulling a raid boss so we don't have to worry or even think about pre-pull charge shenanigans.
    • I'd prefer the charge accumulate on the Druid rather than the mushrooms themselves, mostly because I know I'm going to forget to plant them and then curse my self later. But then it wouldn't be "watering your mushrooms" any more, and trying to design a mechanic around my lazy, forgetful habits is probably a bad idea to start with.
    • In the absence of the above (or in addition too it ) let us plant/move mushrooms while channeling hurricane.

On the "Readiness" topic:

Survival Instincts
    Stampeding Roar
    Nature's Swiftness
    FON/INC
    NV/HOTW
    Celestial Alignment

just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    On the "Readiness" topic:

Survival Instincts
    Stampeding Roar
    Nature's Swiftness
    FON/INC
    NV/HOTW
    Celestial Alignment

just my opinion
    What if you're playing with DoC and/or SotF? That brings an issue.

My list would be Barkskin, Stampeding Roar, CA, Might of Ursoc (Survival Instincts would be a bit too op), NS and... There isn't a good 6th spell right now for Readiness. Having SI there as well would be really strong and we're losing Tranquility already. Maybe Dash or something as useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post

My list would be Barkskin, Stampeding Roar, CA, Might of Ursoc (Survival Instincts would be a bit too op), NS and... There isn't a good 6th spell right now for Readiness. Having SI there as well would be really strong and we're losing Tranquility already. Maybe Dash or something as useless.
    It would be suboptimal to use SOTF and DOC, in their current state, with Readiness...mostly because SOTF is still bad/not good and needs help.

Both BS and SI on Readiness would be a bit strong (one or the other seems fair.) Maybe DR/UV/MB as the 6th spell? We really don't have many "good" DPS options, hence why Talents might be the best choice.

It won't even be that hard. Most AOE we've seen in the past isn't even sustained. Even for 10sec of Hurricane. You'll have plenty of time to water the mushrooms (1.5sec in GCDs to place them all) then you can get 6-8 ticks before effectively detonating. The only conflicting interest is being pushed out of Eclipse before detonating. In which case, I'd love to see a major glyph added to remove the Eclipse generation on Hurricane ..OR.. Mushrooms becoming Spellstorm:Nature,Arcane
    I know it isnt hard per say, the point was that its harder than whats been suggested and what other classes currently have

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    I know it isnt hard per say, the point was that its harder than whats been suggested and what other classes currently have
    Agreed. I prefer sustainable gameplay mechanics (things that keep you interested without being too hard to learn). Mind Sear makes me cringe because it's incredibly boring. Whatever the case is, play-testing and "how it feels" feedback should in a couple weeks or so.

It would be suboptimal to use SOTF and DOC, in their current state, with Readiness...mostly because SOTF is still bad/not good and needs help.

Both BS and SI on Readiness would be a bit strong (one or the other seems fair.) Maybe DR/UV/MB as the 6th spell? We really don't have many "good" DPS options, hence why Talents might be the best choice.
    Just so we're clear on this: There's no rule that Readiness has to have 6 abilities it affects.

displacer/wild charge plz

Deleted
    Make boomkin shrooms like Teemo from LoL?

So kinda like monk balls we get a new shroom every 30 secs and we can place it a random place, when enemies walk over it detonates and does damage.

Just throwing random idea out there.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingblaze View Post
    Make boomkin shrooms like Teemo from LoL?

So kinda like monk balls we get a new shroom every 30 secs and we can place it a random place, when enemies walk over it detonates and does damage.

Just throwing random idea out there.
    Sounds a lot like Explosive Trap

for SotF, just throwing an idea, but readiness could increase the proc chance? I'm thinking they're going to change the talent anyways.. incarnation def has to follow CA if readiness is to be any good, or readiness has to be more than just cooldown reduction. I always felt like readiness should increase the potency of cooldowns, but it could get a bit dirty... such as making incarnation increase damage by 50% with X readiness instead of it's 25% right now, on top of the cooldown reduction.

TBH I'd just really like mushrooms castable during hurricane/astral storm without cancelling the channeling, i think that would feel much better than stopping your hurricane, dropping mushroom, then resuming until 900% damage is reached.. would feel more active.

My SOTF idea pertains to a "damage model" idea. Inc is clearly better than FON for multi-target. So increasing FON for single target slightly (higher SP scaling), then making SOTF an AOE+Single DOT boost (specifically AOE, not Multi-DOTing).

Soul of the Forest :
    Nature's Grace provides an additional 10% Haste while active. In addition, Starfall and Sunfall deal 50% damage to all enemies within 8 yards of the target. But Starfall and Sunfall may only drop a maximum of 10 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    for SotF, just throwing an idea, but readiness could increase the proc chance? I'm thinking they're going to change the talent anyways..
    the proc by design is a very poor idea. Anything that functioned like this you would want on ~1min CD so you had control over it. This doesn't have to be a passive either, but they need to make some drastic changes. Same goes for Equinox. The buffed the Savage Roar passive for ferals because 5 free combos points was hardly anything and Equinox needs some big changes so its not a DPS loss... At least the direction this talent is going makes a lot more sense unlike sotf.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    If tech allows there could be the possibility for readiness to increase proc rates on things like SotF. As for the 90 talents I wouldn't like to see Readiness effect them. Just how long do you have before your raid leader finds out and forces you to stack Readiness for more NVs.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    If tech allows there could be the possibility for readiness to increase proc rates on things like SotF. As for the 90 talents I wouldn't like to see Readiness effect them. Just how long do you have before your raid leader finds out and forces you to stack Readiness for more NVs.
    Eh, that's already being a thing if they keep including stampede roar and other things like that.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I'm not sure how much readiness will scale, but haste/crit/mastery will all also make NV stronger because more dmg = more healing. Although uptime might be preferable over throughput I don't see anyone stacking readiness for something like NV. (Altough I could see it possibly happening for something like HotW if its ever required to time the healing or tanking for damage bursts.)

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    I'm not sure how much readiness will scale, but haste/crit/mastery will all also make NV stronger because more dmg = more healing. Although uptime might be preferable over throughput I don't see anyone stacking readiness for something like NV. (Altough I could see it possibly happening for something like HotW if its ever required to time the healing or tanking for damage bursts.)
    You must not be up to date on the 90 talents for WoD. None of them are DPS based, they are all different forms of healing utility. NV is our new raid CD, HotW is going to be a very niche ability with tranquility removed because honestly, how often do you need a 6 minute cooldown that allows you to blanket rejuvs or offtank for a bit?

Readiness effecting NV would basically be like a stat which reduces the CD on a Shaman's AG this tier, which would be invaluable for some fights (Garrosh being a good example).
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-04-24 at 03:55 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. I prefer sustainable gameplay mechanics (things that keep you interested without being too hard to learn). Mind Sear makes me cringe because it's incredibly boring. Whatever the case is, play-testing and "how it feels" feedback should in a couple weeks or so.
    You're looking at it from the point of view of players like Lappe and yourself - who are god among men, so to speak. Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing - it's kinda nice to have a high skill cap, as long as it rewards that higher ceiling. I'm all for it when I get penalized if *I* placed my shrooms incorrectly. But with our AOE, we get penalized for other people's mistakes - that's something I'd like to see gone. (i.e. tank moves). Or when a boss ability randomly puts a fire patch near your shrooms.

They made resto shroom so much better by making retain its power when you place it again, that's something I'd like to see added for ours too.

Also, I'm holding my reservation on the damage of shrooms overall. 900% AOE burst is going to cause balancing issues for PVP for choke points. I know I'm speaking too soon without actually looking at a numbers pass, but the combo of Shrooms placement -> Starfall -> Astral Storm to Solar -> Sunfall + Shroom Burst dmg (w/ snare) looks to be deadly.

Would love to see numbers from whenever the next round of public testing goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by roxfm View Post
    You're looking at it from the point of view of players like Lappe and yourself - who are god among men, so to speak. Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing - it's kinda nice to have a high skill cap, as long as it rewards that higher ceiling. I'm all for it when I get penalized if *I* placed my shrooms incorrectly. But with our AOE, we get penalized for other people's mistakes - that's something I'd like to see gone. (i.e. tank moves). Or when a boss ability randomly puts a fire patch near your shrooms.

They made resto shroom so much better by making retain its power when you place it again, that's something I'd like to see added for ours too.

Also, I'm holding my reservation on the damage of shrooms overall. 900% AOE burst is going to cause balancing issues for PVP for choke points. I know I'm speaking too soon without actually looking at a numbers pass, but the combo of Shrooms placement -> Starfall -> Astral Storm to Solar -> Sunfall + Shroom Burst dmg (w/ snare) looks to be deadly.

Would love to see numbers from whenever the next round of public testing goes live.
    If you're wasting time using Astral Storm in PvP you're not helping anybody..

Quote Originally Posted by roxfm View Post
    But with our AOE, we get penalized for other people's mistakes - that's something I'd like to see gone. (i.e. tank moves). Or when a boss ability randomly puts a fire patch near your shrooms.
    Every AoE in the game is penalized by bad tanks. If you have a stupid tank who doesn't stack mobs together properly you're going to have a bad time. Thankfully it doesn't actually happen in an organised group, and if it does then you should be recruiting a new tank.