10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    I must be playing mine wrong. Comparably geared it does half the dps of my mage.
    Its far to say you are playing it wrong then xD

Either you mean on alpha, in which case they haven't been balanced yet or you mean on live. In low gear Frost> boomkin, in high gear they're fairly even, neither should be doing 'half' the dps or the other, unless you're doing something very wrong.
    Last edited by xtramuscle; 2014-06-21 at 11:28 AM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Didn't they try a set bonus similiar to that in MoP?

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    45 sec off CA, but no reduction to Incarnation /discuss.
    I can't really take them serious when they give us this set bonus yet again. Just wait for them to change it to something actually useful.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

How does Incarnation even work with the new Eclipse system? Is it just +25% damage or does it turn on and off for arcane/nature when it's in solar/lunar?

It does remain pretty hard to imagine Incarnation being decent if it can't stack with CA unless it's getting changed. I'd be totally fine if they just redesigned Incarnation to "Increases the duration and/or potency of Celestial Alignment". I suppose that would give the set bonus the opposite problem though: Incarnation would be mandatory with it.

Deleted
    I think the 4set looks pretty bad at first look, but remember that CA has been changed so that it has a built in +20% dmg now which would make it a lot more viable to use on its own. When i read that CA was getting that +20% dmg bit i thought that meant they were ability pruning by merging the dmg bonus of incarnation into it, but apparently not as incarnation still seems to be the same lol.

On a side note, if they tune our derpy treants to beat incarnation at least on a single target fight i would have no complaints, i find treants a lot more fun / skillfull to utilize properly.

45 sec off CA, but no reduction to Incarnation /discuss.
    I do not think they ever want to force u to use a specific talent. Putting it on a Set bonus would do that.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both the set bonuses look great, imo. 15% reduced cast time on wrath and SF wil be nice for a first tier with little haste and should provide way more than the usual 2% dmg increase from a 2set. 45 seconds off CA might not synergize as well with Incarnation, but it goes great with SotF (permanent 15% increased max solar and lunar empowerment). Incarnation not being the go-to talent for once will be nice as well (I know FoN might've outsimmed Incarnation on singletarget but it wasn't ever widely used). CA will be a really strong CD in WoD, and it having a 25% reduced cooldown will certainly be very beneficial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    With all the horrible movement dps casters are getting... i think interrupts are in line for a big nerf in PvP.
    It wouldn't surprise me to see interrupt being nerfed once again, this time to 45-60 sec CD..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Maybe redesign incarnation Affect how long it takes to reach eclipse peak( reduction of some sort), and how long you remain at each peak( increase of some sort). So for a duration u have an overly efficient eclipse wave.
    To be Honest i hope its redesigned to not have any synergy with CA so we do not really care if their not on the same CD.

Also understand that Inc in it's current form would be strong in WOD as you always have a benefiting eclipse active. so it would have no downtime when activated.
    Last edited by Criminalle; 2014-06-21 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    I must be playing mine wrong. Comparably geared it does half the dps of my mage.
    I do anywhere from 400-500k single target at 583 ilvl (depending massively on RNG) so they are definitely in a fine spot DPS wise. Just takes some practice :]

Still not liking the current Sine-wave playstyle. Really, really boring when the game basically plays itself =/
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Bit of a side thought, but... lately i've been thinking that, with the effects it has in WoD, Insect Swarm would be a much better fit for name and optics than Sunfire(i.e. no no change in function and mechanics, just the FX, icon and sounds).

We'd also be rid of one SF spell that way.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Bit of a side thought, but... lately i've been thinking that, with the effects it has in WoD, Insect Swarm would be a much better fit for name and optics than Sunfire(i.e. no no change in function and mechanics, just the FX, icon and sounds).

We'd also be rid of one SF spell that way.
    Our transition to a celestial themed spec has long been established. I don't think IS would fit our whole image right now.

Of course our tier sets still have to conform to the Druid class a whole, but I'm glad Balance has been evolved and themed around celestial phenomena, because lets face it, it allows for some pretty cool ability names :P

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Our transition to a celestial themed spec has long been established. I don't think IS would fit our whole image right now.

Of course our tier sets still have to conform to the Druid class a whole, but I'm glad Balance has been evolved and themed around celestial phenomena, because lets face it, it allows for some pretty cool ability names :P
    They had no issue bringing it back before they rebuilt Eclipse making the then current implementation pointless. We also still have Hurricane, Roots and Mushrooms, so some non-Celestial spells are obviously fine.

I'm just thinking it fits the spread DoT nature of the Solar DoT much better than Sunfire does. And we have way to many spells with S and F anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They had no issue bringing it back before they rebuilt Eclipse making the then current implementation pointless. We also still have Hurricane, Roots and Mushrooms, so some non-Celestial spells are obviously fine.

I'm just thinking it fits the spread DoT nature of the Solar DoT much better than Sunfire does. And we have way to many spells with S and F anyway.
    That's so true :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtb moar notes. Getting bored.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Soooo bored. Things, go happen!

Still want IS back...

Deleted
    Wtb moar notes. Getting bored.
    Agreed!

Anyone got any decent links (videos/streams of a decent Boomy on Alpha?)

Well, looks like Celestalon is back to work and twitter. Time to pester him some more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skook View Post
    Agreed!

Anyone got any decent links (videos/streams of a decent Boomy on Alpha?)
    This! Also any good raiding Boomkins too that are friendly and can answer questions. I am swapping now that we have cleared and a Moonkin spot is open, I need to learn all of this again!