Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Sure regulars here might not min/max for obvious reasons, but ye.. WoW encourages people to min/max on quite a lot of things.
    Especially as of late when Enrage is in every single fight (some of them being very tight) and having a higher DPS typically means less bad things happen to the raid overall. This is further proved by the fact that the gearing schema is now DPS > Heals/Tank instead of Tank > Heals > DPS.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    So with the addition of small plots and professions losing DPS bonuses (as well as ENG losing a lot of utility), I'm curious what the ideal professions are now. I'm sure Enchanting will be in there somewhere since it gives you the ability to DE stuff, though the small plot allows you to get that too, and I'm thinking Tailoring as it not only gives us armor and bags, but picking it up through normal means (not garrison) allows you to get bonus cloth from mobs which is always nice.

The problem though is optimizing Garrisons with your professions because you have to get YOUR profession small plots first to even learn the damn recipes, then you ditch them to get other professions (or keep them for work orders towards them). It's neat, but an awkward and confusing mess, nonetheless.
    I think their goal is to have no professions be the best, yeah?

That's the entire point of removing combat benefits. There's nothing professions will give you that everyone else won't have access to in some way.

Which is kinda dumb but eh we're long past the days of every mage needing tailoring for that sexy Frozen Shadoweave/Spellstrike combo that lasted you half of Burning Crusade (or at least for plebs like me who were stuck in bad guilds that couldn't even finish SSC by the time BT launched).
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2014-08-22 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    I think their goal is to have no professions be the best, yeah?
    I didn't mean best as in DPS I meant for overall usability/having a ton of "options" open... Can't exactly come up with the right words, but basically, the ones that give you the most "stuff". Enchanting is one of them because without it, you can't DE stuff. Tailoring might end up being another because it gives you bonus cloth. Assuming Engineering keeps the non-DPS fun stuff (like mailboxes and portals), it'll end up being another. My problem though is I haven't paid close attention to professions until recently, so I don't know all the "bonus stuff" you get from each profession, as well as how it works on beta (because my god, Garrisons on the beta are like half broken atm)

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    That's the entire point of removing combat benefits. There's nothing professions will give you that everyone else won't have access to in some way.

Which is kinda dumb but eh we're long past the days of every mage needing tailoring for that sexy Frozen Shadoweave/Spellstrike combo that lasted you half of Burning Crusade.
    I'm fine with not having combat benefits. It was dumb that a Mage should be a Blacksmith anyways. I'm glad to get rid of the damn thing.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I'm kinda on the fence about it. I mean it's nice not to be tied down but at the same time I said to myself the other night "What IS the point to having these then?". I'll keep enchanting/tailoring if anything just because I'm too goddamn lazy to level something else.

Dat elekk plushie tho :3

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    I'm kinda on the fence about it. I mean it's nice not to be tied down but at the same time I said to myself the other night "What IS the point to having these then?". I'll keep enchanting/tailoring if anything just because I'm too goddamn lazy to level something else.
    Ench/Tail are also among the best choices because Ench lets you DE old gear instead of vendoring it, and tailoring gives you bonus cloth. My only problem is having to waste small plots to pick up recipes. If I can make Ench Illusions through the small plot, I'll probably pick up Tailoring and my other proff will be Eng.

Also, off-topic, but your new avatar is adorable.

There are trainers in Ashran who may well give you recipes as well as the trainers in the small plots.

I guess you can min/max profession...."stuff".... It strikes me as a bit silly though. ./shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    There are trainers in Ashran who may well give you recipes as well as the trainers in the small plots.
    So... I might not have to waste resources for buildings I plan to tear down?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    I guess you can min/max profession...."stuff".... It strikes me as a bit silly though. ./shrug
    Efficiency for resources and stuff to collect. Nothing else to do as a filthy casual.

Deleted
    Isnt alchemy looking like a viable option?

It used to give you a BoP trinket which was usually very good early doors and increase the amount of healing/mana from using potions when equipped which is also another good thing to have on early raiding (unless they are leaving in the 25 second burst potions again).

Dont really want to go back to being a tailor again, 1 on an account is enough for me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyx77 View Post
    Isnt alchemy looking like a viable option?

It used to give you a BoP trinket which was usually very good early doors and increase the amount of healing/mana from using potions when equipped which is also another good thing to have on early raiding (unless they are leaving in the 25 second burst potions again).

Dont really want to go back to being a tailor again, 1 on an account is enough for me now.
    It is, especially when it gives the specialization too.

I can't really make a decision until some breaks down EXACTLY what I get if I commit a small plot to a profession vs what I get if it's my actual profession. I need to know all of the following about the small plots/professions in general before I can come close to making a decision:

- What recipes I don't have access to.
    - What bonuses/benefits I don't get (such as bonus cloth, specializations, etc) [Disenchanting is actually allowed, surprisingly].
    - How vital the work orders are
    - How often the garden/mine will be refilled (because garden is too slow and mine is too fast on the beta atm) [this affects whether I need to grab Herb/Mining since you can't get them via small plots].
    - How vital leather will be to my professions and if Skinning gives cloth now (because the furs that you collect can be turned into cloth, so it seems like it might?).
    - What the professions actually give me this expansion.

The only thing I can say with certainty is that EVERYONE will pick up Enchanting, either through their professions or a small plot. You'd be an idiot to not have access to DEing stuff. If the small plot can make all enchants as well as illusions, and also allows your groups the Disenchant option, then it's pretty much a full profession on your small plot, which would be nice.

it's so irritating when you do a raid test and see a Mage miles ahead for damage then look and he's using 'Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest' which is scaled up, it just makes it look like mages are op when we're actually probably not that bad, I would like to think Blizz would take this into account before hitting us with the nerf bat!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    it's so irritating when you do a raid test and see a Mage miles ahead for damage then look and he's using 'Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest' which is scaled up, it just makes it look like mages are op when we're actually probably not that bad, I would like to think Blizz would take this into account before hitting us with the nerf bat!!!
    Blizzard wont accept feedback regarding DPS issues without seeing a log first, which will clearly show DTR increasing the Mages' damage, don't get your panties twisted!

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    ... How does one get DTR on the beta, exactly? o.o

Deleted
    Copy a character over that has it, at least that's how I did it.

Deleted
    Copying their character from live with it. And then when they go to raid test, it scales up everything they have on to the ilvl being tested in the raid. Scaled up PBoI is pretty ridiculous too.

Quote Originally Posted by khali View Post
    Copy a character over that has it, at least that's how I did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrod View Post
    Copying their character from live with it. And then when they go to raid test, it scales up everything they have on to the ilvl being tested in the raid. Scaled up PBoI is pretty ridiculous too.
    Ahh, gotcha. I tried to copy my character through both the site and in-game but neither option worked :\

Evening all,

Just been trying out arcane for a bit and am planning to queue for LFR soonish. However I was wondering what the optimal "rotation" would be for arcane atm? Seeing a lot of frost love so far, but can't find any details on arcane.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Azantrox View Post
    Evening all,

Just been trying out arcane for a bit and am planning to queue for LFR soonish. However I was wondering what the optimal "rotation" would be for arcane atm? Seeing a lot of frost love so far, but can't find any details on arcane.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers!
    Open by building to 4 stacks, popping PC AP dump all 3 missiles, use both charges of supernova and barrage right before PC expires. From there do a full burn to 30% mana, evocate then conserve rotation. You want to keep 1 charge of supernova off CD at all times in case of trinket procs, when your recharge has less than 3 seconds feel free to use the charge to not waste the CD by capping on stacks. Use AP to burn mana every 90s since it lines up with evo.

Talents should be Supernova, RoP and Prismatic Crystal. Mirror images is not worth taking for arcane and SN cirrently does more on average than keeping your NT up at 4 charges 100% uptime. Only take incanter's flow over RoP if your RoP uptime is lower than 84%

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    From there do a full burn to 30% mana, evocate then conserve rotation.
    So we actually are intended to do burn phases again? Fuckin' sweeeeeeeeeet I missed that!

Really enjoying Arcane more than I thought I would. It just feels a lot more fun than it does on live.