Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbynator View Post
    there is no personal loot in mythic afaik
    you're right, there isn't. Personal loot only counts for dungeons/LFR/normal/heroic

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently Fury and Arms warrior, decent gear like 617 ilvl or something.

But I feel like something is missing, I see it happen a lot, on fury I try and do my usual rotation, I have problems generating rage, absolutely NOTHING procs. Seriously last night I was on Ner'zhul heroic and I don't think I had ONE not even ONE raging blow or bloodsurge proc.

If you had a lot of rage you would heroic strike as a rage dump, I suppose now you can use whirlwind if nothing else is available, but they nerfed whirlwind damage by 30% so that's kind of lame.

Seriously I really feel like there is something missing cause sometimes I'm just autoattacking something for 4 seconds, then bloodthirst/whirlwind then autoattack again.

I don't know if any other warrior feela like this but I'm not exactly happy what Blizzard did to warriors in this expansion. Half of my abilities removed, yay!

- - - Updated - - -

Also been reading some comments on the previous page here and I'm already trying to gear for Arms, I'll use the same gear as I use on Fury, I just need a decent two-hander. Once I have that I will go Arms cause Fury is fucking shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I have another question, Gladiator stance basically is a DPS stance for Prot warriors so they can DPS with a one-hander a shield? Am I correct? Cause I haven't done too many research and I haven't seen Gladiator Stance in my Fury/Arms talents. I've only been playing WoW now for about 3 weeks after a long break.

Thanks.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Deleted
    For fury, you will have those streaks were RB doesn't proc yes, but if you look at your crit levels, you'll see why. It was like this at the start of MoP too and it will improve as we gear up, just like it did in MoP. You will encounter dry spots and it's a case of either you deal with them being there, or you have to move on and try something else.
    Don't expect much out of arms either though, you'll have even less buttons and if your rage is low, you'll be waiting there as well.

For Gladiator, it's basically what you said, with similar stat prio's to protection as well (BA > all)

Also, if you say you don't know how other warriors feel about how many of our abilities got removed and mostly that there is hardly any depth or interaction between the abilities we have left, you must have missed that your message is on page 568 of this thread...

having zero fun as a dps warrior. i do not even notice bloodthirst's +30% crit. even with unquenchable thirst i have abysmally low enrage uptime and very few raging blow procs.

arms is same deal, lots of dead time doing nothing.

gladiator feels a little better but i don't want to deal with getting knocked out of gladiator stance every time i change a talent/glyph/move something in my bags/breathe funny, and it feels weird having no cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    having zero fun as a dps warrior. i do not even notice bloodthirst's +30% crit. even with unquenchable thirst i have abysmally low enrage uptime and very few raging blow procs.

arms is same deal, lots of dead time doing nothing.

gladiator feels a little better buti don't want to deal with getting knocked out of gladiator stance every time i change a talent/glyph/move something in my bags/breathe funny, and it feels weird having no cooldowns.
    This so much. All I want to do is change Bladestorm to Bloodbath before that single target boss fight, but I never do because I'm afraid the tank will pull before I can change back into gladiator stance. I don't know why it does it when you change talents that aren't Gladiator's Resolve, but it is super frustrating.

I've been playing arms in heroics, and yeah it's not the most fun thing in the world. It does feel very strong, but a lot of that is being able to abuse sweeping/executes I think. Not sure how that will translate into raid encounters against other specs.

Kind of sad, was told by a priest earlier that they feel more comfortable healing a pally over a warrior, but that was because of all of the pallies self healing.

Anyone else having issues with taking a bit too much damage at times?

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Griffeth View Post
    Kind of sad, was told by a priest earlier that they feel more comfortable healing a pally over a warrior, but that was because of all of the pallies self healing.

I'm tanking for my guild in heroics (before going glad in raid) and have had the opposite said to me. Healers are finding I take less damage by quite a bit

Deleted
    I have a problem as gladiator stance warrior; I always have to convince the party that I'm DPS.
    I get that it's just because it is new but all this "Please change to DPS or kick", "PLs I'm the tank" stuff in the beginning _each_every_ time is getting tiresome.
    Sometimes it takes 4-5 minutes to convince them to get back to me after a few pulls and avoiding vote kick.
    I can't wait until this is over and glad spec is 'out there'...

I'm more surprised people actually say anything in your parties.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fury at 626 ilvl just feels like poop. I have so little crit it makes doing anything a pray and wait game. UT is a godsend.

My first two cms got me a shield and 1h fist weapon. Today I didn't have time. I'm on track for an apexis 645 upgrade and a (hopefully bonus armor) crafted ring tommorrow. I'm sitting at 635 ilvl, man is gladiator awesome. I'm running unyielding strikes, and it is the most fun I have had playing a warrior in a long time. Especially during Lust holy shit is that fast. I love the rythym of the rotation.

Yeah, gladiator has a really nice rhythm.

Fury/Arms are frustrating to play until 25%+ crit, and don't smooth out until 30%. Arms is particularly awful.

What is the best way to go about gearing up? I just unlocked all the normal dungeons so I'm running them so I can start the heroics. But I'm trying to get as geared as I can as fast as I can. I feel like I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    What is the best way to go about gearing up? I just unlocked all the normal dungeons so I'm running them so I can start the heroics. But I'm trying to get as geared as I can as fast as I can. I feel like I'm missing something.
    Nagrand Quests gear/Rares/Treasures, PvP gear and you could cheese item level with pvp gear to get into Heroics (Zone in ashran and walk out and queue). Also get your 640 ring ASAP.

Deleted
    Confirmation that the Deck of War (Strength with Crit proc DPS DMF Trinket) is better than the tank one for Glad?

I presume it is since Str > Bonus Armour due to Str giving more AP because of Stats etc

Deleted
    Well it's at least 5% stronger since stats does not benefit BA.
    If you're tanking sometimes though, the BA trinket might be something to look for since that is definitely better for tanking and still decent for glad.

Deleted
    I'm going to be DPS MS, if Glad falls behind I'll be switching to Arms/Fury. The only time I'll tank is when our MTs aren't here. Tbh I'm also going glad because we have 2 DKS and no Rets so I don't have to roll on 2handers

Quote Originally Posted by Griffeth View Post

Had the same told after doing Skyreach CM. Heroics I feel are fine atm, on most trash pulls / bosses healers end with 80% mana, dmg intake is very steady. Barrier is pretty useless in CM's as the dmg it can soak is only like 60k or so and stuff hit for like 30-40k in there, so only really have block to help us, where other tanks have tons of self healing.

I dont feel I do anything wrong, Shield block is up as much as possible and when its on cd I supplement with Ravager, Demo, Shield Wall and Last Stand + Enraged Regen.

We made it through there with Silver, but apparently pallies and monks are easier to heal.
    Last edited by Liania; 2014-11-21 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liania View Post
    Had the same told after doing Skyreach CM. Heroics I feel are fine atm, on most trash pulls / bosses healers end with 80% mana, dmg intake is very steady. Barrier is pretty useless in CM's as the dmg it can soak is only like 60k or so and stuff hit for like 30-40k in there, so only really have block to help us, where other tanks have tons of self healing.

I dont feel I do anything wrong, Shield block is up as much as possible and when its on cd I supplement with Ravager, Demo, Shield Wall and Last Stand + Enraged Regen.

We made it through there with Silver, but apparently pallies and monks are easier to heal.
    The thing is, you need to figure out when you need to give your healer time to breathe and be aware of packs you can tank and packs you can't tank.

At this point in the game even tanks don't have particularly much health which means that resolve has almost no affect. I don't think anyone here think shield barrier absorbs enough damage to justify it's cost or purpose for that matter. If you use two stamina trinkets and just eat a boatload of damage your resolve will skyrocket and even shield barrier will technically be a decent bubble, but at that point your healer has burned his whole manapool to keep you alive for that long.

The thing about getting CM golds is that the times are tuned so incredibly tightly that you have to use borderline expoits to skip half the dungeon and kill the remaining trash in packs of like 15 mobs, and stuff like that just isn't meant to be tanked. Monks keg smash still does a boatload of damage and dks have a million yard range on bloodboil and defile that both do significant damage while they just run around and kite the mobs, when warriors can merely spread deep wounds and that simply isn't a good formula when the task is to clear an instance as quickly as possible.