Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i think that spot is probably taken by nintendo.

they have tons of ips that are loved by tons of people, a good portion of them are in the top 10 best selling franchises of all time, and they pretty much saved video games.

blizzard may have one of the most profitable games in history and diablo and starcraft may be popular but theyve still got a ways to go
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

All of their games (over the entirety of the company) have not been successful. They do make good games, but not everyone of them for all times has been that well regarded. We only remember the great ones. Now, they make a MMO that is hemorrhaging subscriptions, a really crappy RPG that comes nowhere close to being a real RPG (Diablo 2) and one of the worst RTS games on the market (Starcraft 2).

Its just that they have a good history of always attempting to improve their games, and overall they do show a desire and willingness to work with the community. A lot of it is just their reputation. I still consider WoW to be a good game, but Diablo 2 sucks in my opinion (especially storyline wise) and so does StarCraft 2 (graphics, gameplay and storyline wise). They would be well served to make a Warcraft 4 and set it up exactly how they did Warcraft 3. Warcraft 3 was an AMAZING game.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    All of their games (over the entirety of the company) have not been successful. They do make good games, but not everyone of them for all times has been that well regarded. We only remember the great ones. Now, they make a MMO that is hemorrhaging subscriptions, a really crappy RPG that comes nowhere close to being a real RPG (Diablo 2) and one of the worst RTS games on the market (Starcraft 2).

Its just that they have a good history of always attempting to improve their games, and overall they do show a desire and willingness to work with the community. A lot of it is just their reputation. I still consider WoW to be a good game, but Diablo 2 sucks in my opinion (especially storyline wise) and so does StarCraft 2 (graphics, gameplay and storyline wise). They would be well served to make a Warcraft 4 and set it up exactly how they did Warcraft 3. Warcraft 3 was an AMAZING game.
    Your subjective opinion can't be used for much when it comes to objective success. Especially when every possible number goes completely south of your point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't want to use the word god but yes, they are exceptional when it comes to their game developers and game designers. Those guys know what they are doing when it comes to giving players fun.

they did get the gamer god award from the VGA in 2010.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll see....if Heroes of the Storm is great and "titan" ends up being a success then, yes. All of their franchises and releases have been wildly successful in terms of popularity and profits.

Wipe your mouth off OP. blizzurd might take offense if you don't swallow

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-04-05 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I sure think they make awesome games.
    Yes that includes Diablo III with all its flaws.

I adore their artistic style, thats why their games just hit my taste buds right where it counts.
    Those statements back to back just make me laugh. D3 looks like it very easily could have been created for Sega CD (the one that came with Sega Genesis in 1991). It has HORRIBLE graphics and game play design for the generation of games it was released too. It is living proof that you can feed fans crap games and expect the keep coming back just because they are fans. Same with SC2 actually.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must say, Diablo 3: RoS is very fun.

At least they have one development team that has their shit together. Unfortunately the WoW dev team dropped the ball a long time ago, and the ship has been sinking ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Game isn't even out yet lol

And ESO is already below WoW on twitch, after a few days.

And ESO is brand new and WoW 10years lol
    ESO: 7k viewers

Wow: 5.5k viewers

.....wat

If they don't bring out a new universe soon, I see them having a bad time of it. But they as a company understand what is required to make a popular game rather than a best selling game. For all the complaining they continue to make good game after good game, with their flaws only being for the seriously hardcore player (as in, plays one game for 50+ hours) which I think almost everyone on MMO-C comes under.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    with three huge and sprawling IPs that are the undisputed kings of their chosen genre.
    I fail to see how D3 is the king of the RPG genre. I would actually argue that it isn't (even if you return with number of sales, that does not equal number of players and they gave a crap load of copies away for free). I would agree that SC3 is possibly the best RTS right now (but that says more about the sad state of RTS games right now, hell WC3 was a MUCH, MUCH better game). Also, WoW is the king of MMOs, but that says a lot about the state of MMOs. If they ever made a game that came close to what UO or DAOC were with updated graphics and gameplay... those games would be easily dominate, but instead they focus on WoW clones because they are easier to get funding for.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post

.....wat
    WoW is up twice, 3.4k + 5.9k vs 7.3k, don't need to do maths to know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Boub's loading screen stream literally has double the views than the highest ESO stream. So.. yea..
    Haha this made my day, because it's so true!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Your subjective opinion can't be used for much when it comes to objective success. Especially when every possible number goes completely south of your point.
    A game does not have to be good to sell a lot of copies.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    I don't see heroes of the storm anywhere on twitch, that game will be a huge flop unless they completely redesign it.
    Going to go out on a limb and say that's because its alpha and most people don't care enough to watch it because they can't play it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post

.....wat
    Good. It's settled then. TESO > WoW. Take that haters! (yes, it's a joke. I happen to like them both :c)

~

In a more serious note, I do find Blizzard to be quite above average when it comes to creating games. I do enjoy them very much, even D3, while it wasn't exactly as good as I was expecting it to be, it didn't turn out as bad as some people claim (and got extremely better now with RoS expansion).

BUT, I wouldn't call them "Gods".

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    WoW is up twice, 3.4k + 5.9k vs 7.3k, don't need to do maths to know that.
    You are honestly going to count the 3k viewers watching Boub's alpha screen just for the sake of spamming the chat?

Wow...just wow.

I know they've been lackluster of late, but comparing them to a make believe sky monster whose been at the center of several large wars and many more deaths is just rude.

MMO-Champion - the only fansite where it's more prevalent to insult the company that makes the product than to praise it.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!