Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

should they make wow harder

do you think wow should be harder ie raids rotations achievements etc what things could be implemented to make it harder?

people may call it elitest after that but i dont think it matters as the majority could still go for the easy stuff
    i would have done a poll but didnt find it so ill just ask

Being a "hard" game has never been what WoW is about. World of Warcraft was originally successful in part due to its relative ease and accessibility at a time where MMOs were very punishing and very grueling.

I don't think they should make WoW harder. It's never been meant to fill that niche in the market- it's supposed to be one of the more accessible MMOs around, especially when you realize that the vast majority of players aren't even participating in its hardest content. Continuing to cater to the, what, 5% who are Heroic raiders isn't going to make Warcraft a more successful game, as much as those 5% might love to be focused on more. Honestly I'm surprised they focus as much on Heroic raiding as they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW was only branded as a hard game because people were bad at it in Vanilla, I mean...we had people raiding MC in pirate hats...
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.

I partake in all levels of content, be it leveling toons with full heirlooms on (easiest of easy) or heroic raiding, and no...it has a nice blend of stuff for all kinds of players to do and feel progressed in. WoW is not a cakewalk through and through, no matter how much people with surprisingly little experience from content intended to be challenging try and spin it.

Absolutely not.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

By this point I think they should just stop WoW and come up with a new game because the gameplay is still incredibly boring after so long.
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no. Cataclysm's testament to this.

I think they should make it easier. Cut a difficulty and just have Normal (LFR Flex), Heroic (Flex/LFR Normal) and Mythic (Heroic).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post

I think they should make it easier.
    By that point they should just dig a hole to put the bar in my good man.

If ever there was a simple question designed to get people eating each others faces off, this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    If ever there was a simple question designed to get people eating each others faces off, this is it.
    I'm a very picky person when it comes to the consumption of faces, but if it really came down to it, I would prefer it to be for a more interesting question, for example why do angry people keep playing this game.

Remove any form of addons that keeps track of cooldowns, procs, raid mechanics, meters etc. and people would find the game much harder then it is today. If that is for the better is another question.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't. There's a level of difficulty available that suits a wide variety of player skills, interests and dedication. That's as it should be and is right in line with the origins and history of the game over the last nine years. It's one of the reasons why it has lasted this long and attracted this many players.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-04-06 at 12:43 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't mythic raiding going to make it "harder"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really it could be made harder very easily... Take off some of the fancy gear. *bam!* Game is harder.

But who's really gonna do that.

The completion rates for heroic raid content while current shows the difficulty is still there, as much as the elitists try to deny it.
    You being good does not do anything to prove that the game is too easy, since you are in the minority.
    Why should there be more effort aimed at only a small minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No, I don't. There are levels of difficulty available that suit a wide variety of player skills, interests and dedication. That's as it should be.
    The problem with such a view is that it doesn't feed my narcissism if the rest are able to get by so easily and unfortunately for such a view as yours, I'm not alone in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frioz View Post
    By that point they should just dig a hole to put the bar in my good man.
    If you mean gold bars, they'll need the space.

Also, WoW's supposed to be fun, and not have arbitrary pass bars in it (see LFR). A tiny percent see Flex or better so it should take up a tiny amount of space, not three difficulties out of four.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Couple more harder to reach achievements could be fine don't see much of a problem with that. The more accessible content doesn't need a change in difficulty. The idea of fixing lfd/r content by making it easier is incredibly pathetic.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-04-06 at 12:53 AM.

They tried cata, people didn't like how it turned out.
    WoD looks promising, because I enjoyed Mists more then any expansion or vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post

Also, WoW's supposed to be fun, and not have arbitrary pass bars in it (see LFR).
    I've always thought the point of games is to have some sort of challenge. Now should that ruin your fun, of course not, but then again it might not be the game at fault if you decide to quit, specially when we are talking about WoW.