Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The only people upset about the sameface syndrome so far are the ones who extend it to uncomfortable levels of hyperbole and have more of a life in their game than they do in their own actual life. This includes Trassk with his creepy masturbation material woes. Get over yourself and realise that maybe this is a problem with you having a severely high level of attachment to some digital pixels that potentially outstretches social norms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    Oh I don't disagree, by all means provide feedback and be vocal about it. But we don't need to fly off the handle as a knee-jerk reaction.

Just saying "It's shit" doesn't help anyone. Why is it shit? Why does it not look like your character? Constructive feedback is critical here, flipping tables will get us nowhere.
    oh no thats being given, saying its shit is just a quick sum up, a title if you will.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    It's literally amounting to "my waifu/husbando is ruined!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    well they wont be *forced* to, theres the toggle of sticking to the old ones.

anyways i cant help but laugh, this is what us female worgen fans said would happen and people pooh-poohed.
    "oh its just that blizz is incapable of making distinct faces for beast races, duh."

but really its not that hard, its a matter of how much effort they will put in to it.
    we had artists whipping up really good faces for the female pandas in no time flat back in the mop beta.
    so its possible they will go back and re-do all the faces... maybe...
    There's a massive difference in creating a 3D, fully fleshed out, fully textured, fully rigged and fully animated face and just mucking about in photoshop. As -concepts- they have some good designs but to act like someone being able to doodle in image software means it's easy to implement as a model is kinda naive.

On a side note; 90% sure a Blizz artist admitted fault with female worgen and intended to go back at some point. Pandaren, no idea.

If I put on lipstick and colored contact lenses I don't become another person. Everyone would still recognize me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    The only people upset about the sameface syndrome so far are the ones who extend it to uncomfortable levels of hyperbole and have more of a life in their game than they do in their own actual life. This includes Trassk with his creepy masturbation material woes. Get over yourself and realise that maybe this is a problem with you having a severely high level of attachment to some digital pixels that potentially outstretches social norms.
    oh wow *slow clap* wow..
    Whats that you were saying about constructive feedback Ranorack? whats your take on my new friend here?

Though I am honored you consider me the representative face of people who feels scorn for blizzards development problem here. Most honored.
    #boycottchina

But I do actually want my Orc shaman to have a non-frowning/ more relaxed face because that's the one I chose. I do think Blizzard will give us one though, look at Durotan on the front page, he doesn't seem to have a "Garrosh face", yeah there's the wolf cowl in the way a bit and he is a unique model but still...we could be getting a face like that. I would be happy with Durotan's face on my shaman.
    Last edited by The Hero of Legend; 2014-04-07 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh wow *slow clap* wow..
    Whats that you were saying about constructive feedback Ranorack? whats your take on my new friend here?

Though I am honored you consider me the representative face of people who feels scorn for blizzards development problem here. Most honored.
    I don't need someone elses approval or disapproval to call someone else out on their argument being heavily biased towards their obsessions.

Yeah. And as someone else said here. The problem here is that while the old faces may have been painted on, they at least looked like unique faces, different people. The updated faces are all the same person, but just showing different ages of that person.

or do the devs think players are to thick to notice that?

- - - Updated - - -

that will be a cheap cop out, and it will be there way of saying they failed to meet what we hoped for.

they said the same thing with pandaren too, worgen and pandaren faces all looking the same, but its a beast face so it doesn't count. Bullshit, it is plain and simply the devs not trying hard enough to show uniqueness in facial design. And we will see this clearly as each vanilla race profiles are released.

maybe if they loose a couple million players they will..

- - - Updated - - -

not just the gnomes, orcs too. and we're see the same as time goes on.
    Yeah, they'll definitely lose MILLIONS of player over a stupid facial detail. get real kid.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    oh wow *slow clap* wow..
    Yeah, no, that's not even feedback. Some people see WoW as just gameplay, some see it as a world. Something like the models being priority has divided these two groups. I recall distinctly a lot of people whining that they didn't care about new models ("It'll be under new armour anyway!") and stating that it's a waste of time "better spent" on new raids and so on.

The best thing that can be done here is to just agree to disagree. When these two groups collide I have never seen a decent conversation come of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    But I do actually want my Orc shaman to have a non-frowning/ more relaxed face because that's the one I chose. I do think Blizzard will give us one though, look at Durotan on the front page, he doesn't seem to have a "Garrosh face", yeah there's the wolf cowl in the way a bit and he is a unique model but still...we could be getting a face like that.
    Oh? you mean you have a genuine concern about this, and Lewor's talking out his ass? My my, who knew that people would actually have genuine reason to feel concern over this.
    I'm gonna have fun with this guy.
    #boycottchina

Look, someone who can't accept that different people play the game in different ways and for different reasons.

I'm a med student in my final year. When I do take a break from learning and real life, I don't spend my time in WoW to (imo) waste it on raiding and the eternal gear treadmill, but to live out my fantasies of adorable and pretty characters in a colorful fantasy world. That makes 90% of the game's enjoyment for me. So sorry if I play the game in different ways than you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    Yeah, they'll definitely lose MILLIONS of player over a stupid facial detail. get real kid.
    it hasn't happened in the game yet my dear.
    #boycottchina

you are way too attached to your character, its time to take a step back buddy. this is unhealthy i am genuinely concerned for you. don't make any rash decisions just yet help is on the way.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    you are way too attached to your character, its time to take a step back buddy. this is unhealthy i am genuinely concerned for you. don't make any rash decisions just yet help is on the way.
    Hold on, let me dial /ignore to help me with this.
    #boycottchina

Oh? you mean you have a genuine concern about this, and Lewor's talking out his ass? My my, who knew that people would actually have genuine reason to feel concern over this.
    I'm gonna have fun with this guy.
    It is a tad bit wrong to call someone obsessed and sad because they want their characters to look the same but updated.

You are not attached enough to your character. No idea why you'd even play this game in that case. Raiding is incredibly boring.

See, I can invalidate your opinions based on personal taste as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Look, someone who can't accept that different people play the game in different ways and for different reasons.

I'm a med student in my final year. When I do take a break from learning and real life, I don't spend my time in WoW to (imo) waste it on raiding and the eternal gear treadmill, but to live out my fantasies of adorable and pretty characters in a colorful fantasy world. That makes 90% of the game's enjoyment for me. So sorry if I play the game in different ways than you do.
    You're playing the wrong game then. People have this stupid habit of wanting WoW to be everything they wish for in their own specific niche and instead of accepting the fact that the catchment properties of WoW do not include "everything for everyone in intricate detail". WoW is the jack of all trades MMO. Nobody is getting their full fufillment unless they tone down their requests based on niche personal tastes and accept the game for what it is, not what you want it to be tailored to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    There's a massive difference in creating a 3D, fully fleshed out, fully textured, fully rigged and fully animated face and just mucking about in photoshop. As -concepts- they have some good designs but to act like someone being able to doodle in image software means it's easy to implement as a model is kinda naive.

On a side note; 90% sure a Blizz artist admitted fault with female worgen and intended to go back at some point. Pandaren, no idea.
    ahh no, its quite easy to import a texture into photoshop and alter it, and have it function exactly the same as before actually. you can make feautures appear distinct without actually changing the 3d model underneath very easily. it requires a modicum of skill of course, but i somehow doubt blizz is lacking in that department.. after all thats what they did 10 years ago when they made the old ones.

If I had Photoshop on my computer I would be pasting Nicolas Cage faces all over those female dwarves.