Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    pretty sure that he negated that idea in the same tweet, it was along the lines "kinda, but it is difficult to tell about in a tweet, having top ppl on it", kinda gives me hope cuz i dont think "top ppl" would go to texturing, they might actually be modeling unique faces.
    This is what I'm thinking too, top people on it sounds like it's the highest priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Several 'Stand' (idle) animations that only change the face would work. On top of that, they could add a new layer of customization using nose, chin and ear geosets, like goblins.
    Well with all the bones, it could be that this is not possible or so hard they don't spend time on this. These new faces are much harder to rigg, and you have to rigg all geosets exactly the same or stuff will be of.
    But lets see, I don't care how they do it, as long as it looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by Grinresh View Post
    Hopefully we'll get a 1:1 comparison of every face soon, but here's a start:
    Same nose is same...
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Every single part of the face is animated.
    I think he meant to ask if they were models attached to the face, the answer is no, they aren't. They are textures, but the way the characters will move their forehead, a pair of painted 'angry' eyebrows would frown even further when the character moved them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    So, does anyone think they will still have the same face syndrome?
    I actually looked at what you posted, so yeah. The answer's still yes.

I mean, ermahgerd, they have different eye colors and some looked more aged. It's a Christmas miracle!
    Look! Words!

Also interesting, angry face does not look that angry anymore

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    I actually looked at what you posted, so yeah. The answer's still yes.

I mean, ermahgerd, they have different eye colors and some looked more aged. It's a Christmas miracle!
    Ok, fair enough, but I think they still look quite varied for alpha. Is there any need to be so rude though?

I think he meant to ask if they were models attached to the face, the answer is no, they aren't. They are textures, but the way the characters will move their forehead, an painted pair 'angry' of eyebrows would frown even further when the character moved them.
    Yeah thats what I meant .. its tricky. They could paint the brows into expressions, but as you say they might warp too much during animations. Modelling the brow into 'idle expressions' is another option - quite a bit of work though.

gnome f pic up!! several faces look quite different actually

As I said before, Chris Robinson told us in the first Artcraft that they will be adding to the customization options during WoD's patches, such as moles, wrinkles and scars as individual options instead of being part of a face option.
    No he didn't. He said skin colors.

Deleted
    Ok, fair enough, but I think they still look quite varied for alpha. Is there any need to be so rude though?
    What does that even mean? Do you imply that they are placeholders? Because they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    No he didn't. He said skin colors.
    I already said above that I was wrong about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    What does that even mean? Do you imply that they are placeholders? Because they aren't.
    It implies that they are still being worked on and they have plenty of time to work on tweaking them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinresh View Post
    Hopefully we'll get a 1:1 comparison of every face soon, but here's a start:

This picture is perfect to explain the emotion issue.

The original third female dwarf had the angry face painted on the texture, yet the new one has the same idle face as all the others.

Like I said, the possible solution is to set the idle animation to "angry" for this particular face.

Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2014-04-06 at 09:34 PM.

The textures are probably somewhat done, but they will warp the face in 3D on one way or another.
    They will probably alter the IDLE animation for each face, aka an offset.

+ They will scale the bones bigger or smaller, that will resize the part of the face that the bone controls, like making the nose smaller.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2014-04-06 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

The original third female dwarf had the angry face painted on the texture, yet the new one has the same idle face as all the others.

Like I said, the possible solution is to set the idle animation to "angry" for this particular face.
    I do agree that setting the idle expression to match the emotion the old face tried to evoke is a very good idea.

But I'd go one step further and iterate on the female goblins, and give different noses, cheek shapes, and lips for each face model.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamondo View Post
    Probably worth mentioning that on the 3 that you mentioned, they appear to have skin color as the options they are showing rather than face. which would explain why they all look the same, because they are, in fact, the same face.
    I see 5 different eyebrows, 3, possibly 4 different lips ( hard to tell on my friends phone), and at least 2 different skin textures. All 5 faces look different to me. But then I have the gift of noticing little and out of the focus things easily.

We know from a rigging perspective all the faces will be the same. The only thing they can do is make slight changes to nose, lips, eyebrows, cheeks, chins, and ears in addition to tatoos, piercings, and skin blemishes. This is alpha and Blizzard laughs at those trying to make informed decisions about datamined and unfinished early projects.

It wouldn't be as easy as using an existing animation, mostly because most animations aren't idling, and it would be wierd having your character constantly moving their mouth like in the 'Yell' animation. They would have to rig a few new idle animations, one for each face.

It's not nearly as much work as making every animation for every face, but it's probably more than they are willing to do. They are going to maintain the same level of customization, even if these models would deserve better. And I'm not sure it would be wise to change the faces later on, as people would have already gotten used to these.

Deleted
    It wouldn't be as easy as using an existing animation, mostly because most animations aren't idling, and it would be wierd having your character constantly moving their mouth like in the 'Yell' animation. They would have to rig a few new idle animations, one for each face.
    No need, they are already there, on the female dwarves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    gnome f pic up!! several faces look quite different actually
    where at?

No need, they are already there, on the female dwarves.
    If you're talking about the current ones, the faces are 100% textures aswell. If you're not, I don't understand.