Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[DK] Anyone else want some new weapon runes?

Is anyone else tired of Rune of the Fallen Crusader and Stoneskin Gargoyle (primarily) after all these years?

Even if only for a visual change I'd like to see some new runes in the expansion.

It is pretty played out. I'm sure they could think up something new and interesting, but then again, maybe DKs have bigger issues right now than their weapon rune.

Frost DKs will be using razorice and cinderglacier in 6.x, so we do have some change coming for that spec. No changes for blood or unholy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Frost DKs will be using razorice and cinderglacier in 6.x, so we do have some change coming for that spec. No changes for blood or unholy.
    Actually, Unholy will be using Rune of the Fallen Crusader.

source: 6.0 Perks.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post

It already uses it now... Will in 6.0.... So what's your point ?

I'd love to see another rune be added to tie into mastery but I doubt we ever will

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd love something more interesting for blood.

Unholy and 2H frost gets a procc with a small heal and significant damage boost, DW frost gets that + a stacking target debuff.
    while blood just gets a really small passive survival boost.

Give me a procc with a small absorb, a chance to summon another blood worm, a small % healing taken increase or just SOMETHING that isn't just passive, ignored and unnoticeable

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post

If unholy ends up using fallen crusader the reason why won't be a bit of extra healing from a perk.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    It already uses it now... Will in 6.0.... So what's your point ?
    Yep that's what I said, unholy is unchanged.

The only downside is that 2H frost and Unholy will be using different runeforges, so if those are your dual-specs, you'll need two 2H weapons. Beyond that, it doesn't really matter one bit, except that they'll have to very carefully tune that frost Cinderglacier leveling perk to make it superior to 80%+ uptime of 15% strength. Fallen crusader is crazy powerful.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only downside is that 2H frost and Unholy will be using different runeforges, so if those are your dual-specs, you'll need two 2H weapons.
    Really? Jeez.... how about just use death gate and get summoned back if you swap spec for a boss. Loot frenzy much? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Really? Jeez.... how about just use death gate and get summoned back if you swap spec for a boss. Loot frenzy much? :P
    Yeah, people will get annoyed with that real quick.

I'd rather ask for a summon to swap runeforges during trash than ask a warrior or paladin to give up on a weapon upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep that's what I said, unholy is unchanged.

The only downside is that 2H frost and Unholy will be using different runeforges, so if those are your dual-specs, you'll need two 2H weapons. Beyond that, it doesn't really matter one bit, except that they'll have to very carefully tune that frost Cinderglacier leveling perk to make it superior to 80%+ uptime of 15% strength. Fallen crusader is crazy powerful.
    With the significant nerfs to strength (No longer able to gem for Strength, strength only gives +1 ap instead of +2 per point, flasks seeming to give +secondaries instead of +primaries next expansion), Fallen Crusader WON'T be as powerful as before.

Also, atm, Blood can use either Fallen Crusader OR Stoneskin Gargoyle.

Spell/Swordbreaking will most likely be seeing some changes if not removed entirely, seeing as they have almost no use.

But yea, with the Strength changes, I can easily see just cinderglacier being superior for frost to Fallen Crusader, at least at the start, especially with the perks.

- - - Updated - - -

As for new runeforges? Hell no. Unless blizz can somehow make it to where ALL the runeforges are pretty much equal for EVERYONE, I don't want to see any new ones. We pretty much are stuck to Fallen Crusader for everyone but frost, with frost DW getting an extra and Fallen Crusader. Just having Frost not want to use Fallen Crusader will be a big enough increase. Theres still others that will never be used, like Lichbane, Nerubian, Spellbreaking, ect. Too many atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Strength gives half as much attack power in 6.0, but each point of attack power is four times as valuable. It only takes 3.5AP per 1 DPS, changed from 14AP per 1 DPS in 5.x.

It's an oversimplification to say that strength (and agil and int) will be twice as valuable in 6.x, though. Every ability's attack/spellpower contribution is changing, as are weapon damage calculations. But saying that strength will be worth less in 6.x isn't an oversimplification, it's just wrong.

I'm glad that blizzard are finally doing something about the way weapon damage eclipses strength.

TBH, I am OK with having enchants that are slightly better than the ones you can buy for the weapons; my biggest wish would be "cosmetic" enchants to show up so I am not stuck with the same visual all the time. Better balance among them, so that it was more tempting to, eg, take the anti-spell rather than DPS runeforge would be pleasant, but hardly essential.

The big thing, though, that I am stuck on is "what" -- what the heck new enchant do you want? Is it really just cosmetic, or would you prefer that we had ... I don't even know. Jade Spirit or Dancing Steel as a runeforge, rather than Crusader?

Strength gives half as much attack power in 6.0, but each point of attack power is four times as valuable. It only takes 3.5AP per 1 DPS, changed from 14AP per 1 DPS in 5.x.

It's an oversimplification to say that strength (and agil and int) will be twice as valuable in 6.x, though. Every ability's attack/spellpower contribution is changing, as are weapon damage calculations. But saying that strength will be worth less in 6.x isn't an oversimplification, it's just wrong.
    I missed that in the patch notes. good to know.

Spell/Swordbreaking will most likely be seeing some changes if not removed entirely, seeing as they have almost no use.
    I was always an advocate of giving these a dps proc, similar to how the small heal is attached to the STR proc on crusader, then the DPS DK can choose between a small, occasional heal, or a small reduction in magic damage taken, or a slight increase to parry chance. All of which would have PVE and PVP implications.

Lichbane could easily be removed. The only way it could really work today is having it be stronger than crusader on its intended target, and weaker than crusader on it's alternate targets. At that point, average joe takes crusader and dosen't bother min/maxing anyway.

Deleted
    They're fine as they are, just upgrade the visuals! Razorice/Cinderglacier/Swordbreaking can stay the same but the rest need to be more visually prominent imo.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Lichbane could easily be removed. The only way it could really work today is having it be stronger than crusader on its intended target, and weaker than crusader on it's alternate targets. At that point, average joe takes crusader and dosen't bother min/maxing anyway.
    Gosh, I would hate that. It would make me feel like I need yet another weapon just for undead. Assuming they retain the current system where runeforges replace permanent enchants, all the useless runeforges like Lichbane and the 1H tanking enchants should be removed.

According to http://www.wowhead.com/news=233497/w...iilties-racial Rune of Swordshattering and Rune of Swordbreaking are on the removed pile. Probably due to their disarm reduction.

Deleted
    The amount of pressure they are trying to put on the players to buy the xpac (all specs only becoming really viable for anything after gathering all the perks) is curiously closing my wallet really tightly shut.