Help Me Blood DK's Your My Only My Hope...

So i decided to pick a blood dk as my free 90 with my purchase of WOD never played a DK before so i got some questions....
    I've read a couple of guides but haven't seen any super clear explanation on general rotation (I know its more of a priority one) but if someone could explain a single target rotation to me...also i have a bazillion abilities on my bars an are really unclear what to have on there if someone could take a ss of there UI or Bars as a example. I Haven't downloaded any of the DK addons would also like to see which is the best for a blood dk(are they something that accurately give me a proper rotation besides when to DS)....if anyone could supply or link me to any useful Weak Auras for them aswell. I Know i will get trolled for being a noob or picking a class ive never played before to 90 but if someone wouldn't mind answering some of my annoying questions would greatly appreciate it...

May The Force Be With You!!!

Get the addon Blood Shield tracker.

Lots of good players recommend getting an addon to track your runes (e.g. DocsDebugRunes, DKOne, IceHUD, etc.), but then some others like Mionee say they never needed one because the rune system is intuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Reniat View Post
    4) Playstyle
    Single Target:
    Use FU runes (including combos of F U and D runes) on Death strike, dump Runic Power with Rune Strike, make sure you always have diseases on targets you are tanking, and dump blood runes with heart strike (above 35%) Soul Reaper (below 35%) and make sure you are keeping diseases up through Blood Boils from Crimson Scourge to refresh them. If you are left with an open GCD, use Horn of Winter. It's free Runic Power and should be used anytime you don't have something else to use.
    via http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5-4-DK-Tanking

Last edited by potatoe; 2014-04-17 at 07:19 PM.

Thanks for response the WA's an bloodshield Tracker will defently help. Blood DK defently seems likes it going to take a while to master like my prot warr.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTheShark View Post
    Thanks for response the WA's an bloodshield Tracker will defently help. Blood DK defently seems likes it going to take a while to master like my prot warr.
    We're way cooler than prot warrs bro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FiXThEPiEcEs View Post
    We're way cooler than prot warrs bro.
    This.

We're so hip we were actively mitigating before it was cool to actively mitigate, yo.

More seriously, I have played about 80% of the specs, all classes, in this game, and I can tell you - Blood Death Knights is where the money's at. Great gameplay, fantastic buttons to push, and the unshakable feeling, when you're out on your own in the world, that's you're completely overpowered.

You made the right call, brother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a screenshot of my ui.
    http://i.imgur.com/3087XEZ.jpg

My rune addon is DocsDebugRunes

Hey. So, something you might find useful when confronted with the wall of new abilities -- even if we DKs have less than most -- is something like Bitten's SpellFlash: DK.

That flashes a recommended core rotation for your various specs, based on the priorities set out in the guides. Obviously, this can't account for lots of things, but it can be a useful tool to learn that core -- and when you have to step away from it to do well, not just "OK".

There are a bunch of others; I recommend that one because it works well, and sticks reasonably close to the theory here and on icy-veins for all the specs I have looked at. (I use it, personally, when I pick up a new alt, because it is a big help getting into the swing of things.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halland View Post
    Here's a screenshot of my ui.
    http://i.imgur.com/3087XEZ.jpg

My rune addon is DocsDebugRunes
    Sort of off subject here, but I have a Blood Dk alt, and for the life of me I can't read and react to my runes going up and down, it has to be left to right, and in the same order as base line. Creature of habit I guess, but I tried changing it and ... many wasted runes until I went back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?