Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    You joke surely? There have been hundreds of posts on MMO-C and more on the official forums. I get fanboying, but denial of reality is a new one to me.

This isn't that hard of a question either - "Are you planning on adding flying in 6.1 or not?" Done. Asked. While YOU might not care, *I* do - It's a major capability that we've had for 7 years and before I bother to get into WoD I'd like to know the answer. And no, "we'll see" isn't an answer it's a mealy mouthed cop out.
    If you're looking for a definite answer before Beta even starts, You're going to be sorely disappointed, they've already said that that decision is entirely based on feedback they receive during testing/6.0 going Live. That's all there is to it, if the majority fly into an uncontrolled frenzy, yeah, we'll probably see it restored (not that I am advocating this behavior), but if it remains limited to a vocal minority (which it currently is, no matter how you spin it), we probably won't see it returned, as no flying is generally much healthier for open world gameplay.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

You joke surely? There have been hundreds of posts on MMO-C and more on the official forums. I get fanboying, but denial of reality is a new one to me.

This isn't that hard of a question either - "Are you planning on adding flying in 6.1 or not?" Done. Asked. While YOU might not care, *I* do - It's a major capability that we've had for 7 years and before I bother to get into WoD I'd like to know the answer. And no, "we'll see" isn't an answer it's a mealy mouthed cop out.
    "We'll see" would of been the likely answer anyway, so the question woudnt of been answered anyway and frustrated/pissed off people more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I do not care if you are for or against flying. Right now it is one of the most discussed topics of WOW. Three pretty big articles were granted about WoD and not one person asked about flying or even hinted about it.

i am particularly stunned by Wow Insider. Someone should tell them to grow a pair and ask the questions their community wants to hear.

Say what you will, at least MMO-Champion broaches topics or uploads questionable screen shots that are not supposed to be visible yet.

these other sites, pitiful I tell you, just plain pitiful.
    Oh look, its someone else who thinks that their concerns = everyone's concerns.

I couldn't care less if we can or can't fly in Draenor as long as we can use all our mounts, which we can. Flying was amazing in BC for me, nowadays its press numlock and AFK to get some water. Furthermore I leveled 5 90s on the ground - 3 of them before the exp nerf - in Pandaria and I was fine with it.

Blizzard has already stated, again and again, their philosophy on flying. Interviewers asking about it for the umpteenth time for the sake of people who can't let it go is a waste of time.

And sure, there are hundreds of people bellyaching about flying... the thing is, there are millions of people playing this game. So apparently there are a whole hell of a lot more people who either like no flying or don't care enough to speak up about it than there are people like yourself.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2014-04-09 at 01:02 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    They issued a private warning to fansites. They know exactly what they are doing. If they wait until 6 months in to say "never again", they won't lose as many subs.

Complaining about it is useless at this point. And the complainers that complain about the complainers are the worst kind of complainer. They're probably afraid their guildies will bail over it once shit hits the fan, and think apologizing for Blizzard in advance will somehow mitigate a disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    All easily answered by keeping up with Devs' twitters/MMO posts about said twitters or filling in small gaps with logic, no real need to waste interview time with this. Again, it's a topic that only a minority care deeply about, and has been talked to death already.
    Oh BULLSHIT. First off, the idea that people should all follow the dev's twitter is asinine. If we can get everything we want to know there the interview as a whole are useless. Second, it's a quick easy question - it doesn't need to be the focus of the interview. Waste time on it? What the fuck does that even mean - an interview is FOR ASKING QUESTIONS. Asking them isn't a waste of time, it's the point. Too argumentative? A good interview isn't all about sucking up to the devs it's about informing one's readers.

Talked to death? Maybe among us, but not from the devs.

Any interview that shies away from asking challenging questions isn't a games journalist, they're a PR flack.

Some of you want to brownnose, that's fine. But admit that's your stance, don't pretend to

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its because not many ppl really ANYTHING to know bout it. We know that there will be no flyinh 6.0-6.1, and thats pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    i guess i am kind of dumb, but what exactly does this mean:

"No flying in 6.0, we will listen to player feedback."

That is quintessential PR speak. It says nothing.
    It says all it needs to, feedback is basically what is gained after the thing has been tested by people (tested, tried out, played with, there's various ways to say it but all means the same thing). If they wanted posts and opinions without having tried it, then it wouldn't be called feedback.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    SNIP

See the above image, because that construct you see there? That's the one that's supposed to be running around.

It's not the one that's supposed to be buried halfway up to its knees. And this was the second time withing these two months I've come across this same incident with this same mob. The first time, I also saw several Saurok near it falling through the world.

And then uipon clicking thios both times, it proceeded to fall completely through the world.

So no, it doesn't work. 10 years later and Blizzard still half-asses the world to make it work with ground mounts only. That is my reason against it: because it encourages them to half-ass the world they make.
    such bugs would of happened even if you could fly. The game engine wasn't designed with flying in mind anyway, it was added later. Half-assing would be building the world like they did in vanilla, not bugs like the one you posted. I never seen that myself, and was quite active in IoT. I also haven't seen any such bugs in timeless Isle, so perhaps they fixed some things from IoT. If there are such bugs in Timless Isle I never seen it.

And tell me how making IoT designed for flying would of fixed that? If anything allowing flying would give Blizzard an excuse to half-ass things since they can just say "most people are going to fly and not notice anyway"

I'm also sure you can find such bugs in fly zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Oh look, its someone else who thinks that their concerns = everyone's concerns.

I couldn't care less ...
    Confusing your concerns with everyone's?

Look people it doesn't HAVE to be everyone's concerns to be an interview worthy topic. For example, I don't give a flying fuck about models and lots of others don't care either. Does that mean they shouldn't ask about them?

Connect up your brains and realize that it's fine to ask about things that only some people care about.

ummm.... what does wait and see mean? How do you plan on getting feedback? How does the addition or the removal of flying impact develop decisions that are already being processed? Will WoD include any additional forms of travel that are currently not in the game, such as portals? Will more classes other than the mage be given the ability to travel instantly?
    They have answered all these questions already. Read the posts and stop making the same threads over and over.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia View Post
    "We'll see" would of been the likely answer anyway, so the question woudnt of been answered anyway and frustrated/pissed off people more.
    Then the interviewer can press them and even challenge them - "Flying's been in the game for 7 years, you're asking people to preorder without knowing if it's in or out... is that reasonable?" That kind of thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    They have answered all these questions already. Read the posts and stop making the same threads over and over.
    Let's see the links.

Look people it doesn't HAVE to be everyone's concerns to be an interview worthy topic. For example, I don't give a flying fuck about models and lots of others don't care either. Does that mean they shouldn't ask about them?

Connect up your brains and realize that it's fine to ask about things that only some people care about.
    But it's not fine to insist that your concern is so important that it requires calling out the media for 'not having the stones' to ask the question that has already been asked a million times.

Just because you want a different answer doesn't mean everyone has to keep asking for you.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account

Except, what most of the people in this thread are trying to say, is not one way or the other (personally, I've adopted a neutral view on the subject, until I can actually see the content, but that's beside the point), it's simply that we already know the answer, why do you need to hear it again in an interview?
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Then the interviewer can press them and even challenge them - "Flying's been in the game for 7 years, you're asking people to preorder without knowing if it's in or out... is that reasonable?" That kind of thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's see the links.
    You want me to waste my precious time gathering links so you can dismiss them without even bothering to read them? I'm posting while in a queue for a dota game, I neither care nor can be bothered to care about your requests. I stated something, if you don't believe me, you go look it up.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by James Bond View Post
    [snip, relevant part I'm replying to about "wanting an answer"]
    You've been given an answer, what people seem to want is: I want a different answer. which isn't likely to happen. Also, you're post implies that they're definitely removed flying post 6.0, which as of now is not the case, as I mentioned previously in the thread, but I'm getting tired of copy/pasting myself and have a raid soon, So I'll leave with one final query, which is simply, why do people want to hear the same answer we've been given so many times since Blizzcon? Do they honestly think we'd hear otherwise?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    It isn't one of the most discussed topics. Most people don't care. You are the only one who keeps making these topics on MMO and pushing the issue.
    I care, and I'm totally disgusted that even after we hit max level in WOD we will be trapped on the ground like crawling cockroaches.

What a bad, dumb choice.. that stupid shit had better not last long.

I judge what is cared about by posts that go hundreds of pages on non blizzard sites when the same topic is instantly deleted on blizzards sites.
    It is just like this thread. You have dozens of people posting that either they don´t care, or they are happy flying is being removed, Then you have ONE person YOU who keeps creating threads. Your fallacy is thinking that your opinion matters more because you started a topic than the dozens of people telling you that you are wrong in those topics. Stop creating threads.

Just a quick glance of this thread.. but still, after 3 pages of posts.. the OP is the only one who seems to care a great deal about this issue. But yet, when he creates yet another 15th thread, he can say ´my earlier thread garnered 3 pages of feedback about flying in WoD´..

Personally, I think flying should be a ´last expansion´thing. We shouldn´t fly in WoD until maybe the 7.0 patch before the next expansion.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2014-04-09 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by James Bond View Post

We just want a reason as to why they're planning to remove flying past 6.1. Like 3-4 bullets points such as: "We're adding a teleportation system" or "Ground mounts will be 300% speed" or whatever. So far they're just giving us typical elusive bullshit answers and people just want to know: "Why?". It's not that hard a question to ask, although they know they can't answer it since whatever generic reason they can come up with such as "it improves immersion and exploration" and such bs has been countered already.
    That's likely why the interviewers didn't bother to ask the question, because they knew/where very sure that would be the type of answer they would get.

10+ Year Old Account
    A vocal minority cares. The rest of us realize that the game isn't a job, so it doesn't matter if we can't get from A to B three times as fast.

Why the hell do they want to remove flying for the entire expansion while people have proven through extensive argumentation that blizzard's reasons make very little to no sense, and it just comes off at an attempt to make content last longer while it's not.
    Except that this is the reasoning proven to be flawwed time and time again, given that travel time is being handled by flight paths. The people who have "proven" Blizzards reasoning wrong are still under the impression WPvP can only exist in Hillsbrand.

We want an answer, which is what this thread is referring to when mentioning interviews.
    The answer is they need more feedback before a final decision on what to do past launch.

We just want a reason as to why they're planning to remove flying past 6.1. Like 3-4 bullets points such as: "We're adding a teleportation system" or "Ground mounts will be 300% speed" or whatever. So far they're just giving us typical elusive bullshit answers and people just want to know: "Why?". It's not that hard a question to ask, although they know they can't answer it since whatever generic reason they can come up with such as "it improves immersion and exploration" and such bs has been countered already.
    The reasons are the same as why it wont be there in 6.0, if it is gone is 6.1. Does this not make sense somehow? Why would they need to be boosting ground mounts or adding teleports? We already know they have flight paths, which are the WoW equivelent of teleport/fast travel and that they plant on designing flight paths better for endgame.

- - - Updated - - -