The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Class Opinions w/ Pro's & Con's

I already spoke to a moderator to make sure I could post what I am right now and confirmed that the context here is okay.

Basically I'd like to get broader understanding of the pros and cons of a few classes that I'm interested in for WoD. Unfortunately until reputation becomes account wide I will still feel forced to play one character.

I'm interested in:

Death Knights - love the dark aspect of the class, ability to have a unique tanking experience and be a master soloer

Druid - really like that I would be able to play in reality all roles, like that you can finally see armor in resto and balance but I dislike you still can't in cat and bear

Shaman - have played this since release, kinda getting bored and I want to tank

Paladin - kinda seem easy tank and DPS wise, healing seems more involved than the other healers due to holy power, love the armor as well

Any additions would be awesome!

I'm more of a PvP player so I can't really help you on the PvE pros/cons of these classes but I'll try to give you some insight on each of them...

Of course, everyone has varying tastes so things that bug me might not bother you that much

First off, the DKs, like you mentioned are master soloers, incredible survivability as blood and old dungeons/raids are a breeze to solo. As frost, you can push out good damage and I always loved the abiltiy to dual-wield and don't forget that unholy plays with a pet if you like that kind of gameplay. For pvp, DKs have a lot of CC-breaking abilities (which may not matter that much in WoD since Blizz aims to significantly reduce the number of CCs) and of course, I can't go on without mentioning Death Grip, an incredibly fun ability (maybe less useful in pve but fun nonetheless)

The fact that Druids have four really different specs is a big plus, bored of tanking? switch to cat. Bored of melee? switch to balance. Bored of that too? heal! All of that without the need to level another character. What I also really like about druids is their mobility, really useful while questing, gathering etc. instant flying mount, travel form, fast movement speed as a cat, gap-closers, sprints, shifting out of slows/snares/roots. Also the fact that they can switch form at any time is a big plus; want to go kill an elite in a cave, but you want to avoid the mobs patrolling? shift into cat and stealth. Taking too much damage as a cat to take down said elite? pop into bear form. Nice perk and really useful in certain situations.

Since you played shaman since release and that's the class I least played out of the four, I doubt I can really help you out, but I found healing to be pretty enjoyable as a shaman, nice array of abilities and of course totems, which can be enjoyable for some, while a pain to others...

As for the paladin, out of the four, it's the class that I enjoyed the most while leveling (as protection), good mix between aoe and single target abilities and fluid rotation while fighting. I really love the holy power system, lets you accumulate charges and then decide on what to use it depending on the situation. However the thing that annoys me with paladins is the fact that they rely heavily on powerful but long CD abilities, compared to other classes, they have a lot of "emergency buttons". Of course some might appreciate it.

Like I said, I ain't no PvE connoisseur so if what you're looking for is really which is the best tanking class for you, I can't really help

Quote Originally Posted by Uggrukor View Post
    I already spoke to a moderator to make sure I could post what I am right now and confirmed that the context here is okay.

Basically I'd like to get broader understanding of the pros and cons of a few classes that I'm interested in for WoD. Unfortunately until reputation becomes account wide I will still feel forced to play one character.

I'm interested in:

Death Knights - love the dark aspect of the class, ability to have a unique tanking experience and be a master soloer

Druid - really like that I would be able to play in reality all roles, like that you can finally see armor in resto and balance but I dislike you still can't in cat and bear

Shaman - have played this since release, kinda getting bored and I want to tank

Paladin - kinda seem easy tank and DPS wise, healing seems more involved than the other healers due to holy power, love the armor as well

Any additions would be awesome!
    It'd be a whole lot easier to just search for existing threads on the wow forums or watch videos on youtube to get an understanding of what class you want to play.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2014-04-09 at 07:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even as much as I am into theorycrafting, without an actual playable client it's hard to get a real judge on how the new changes will work. I am cautiously optimistic about DKs, which is my main currently. I am hoping Druids will be good. Mages look much better to me with the changes. I have no idea on Hunters since so much has changed for them. Disappointed with the changes in Shaman though. Monk might good interesting, might be terrible. Warriors and paladins I don't really care too much about. Rogues should be ok since so little is changed. I am worried about the Priest changes. There are few good changes, but a lot of changes that I think will be negatively received.

That is just my general impression so far. Mind you, this is a purely pve stand point.