Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

Did Orc fans miss the point of a non Orc Warchief?

I think its funny how 90% of the Vol'jin hate comes from die hard Orc players who can't handle the thought of a non Orc being the Horde leader.

Isn't this missing the entire point of garrosh? That deciding things on 'race' above everything else is just really stupid, and will only make everyone you view as 'inferior' hate you and rise up against you.. which is exactly what happened to garrosh? he thought the ORcs were the Horde and fuck everyone else. he got deposed for it and lost the war.

how did so many Orc fans miss this, when it was their race that got battered by the villain bat just to get this point across?

10+ Year Old Account
    Be quiet! Lest you summon the one know as... Trassk!

Dun, dun dun.....

Deleted
    Had Orcs leading the Horde for a long time, all Warchiefs have been Orcs.

I don't care too much about it, but it feels weird with a Troll being the Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    I think its funny how 90% of the Vol'jin hate comes from die hard Orc players who can't handle the thought of a non Orc being the Horde leader.

Isn't this missing the entire point of garrosh? That deciding things on 'race' above everything else is just really stupid, and will only make everyone you view as 'inferior' hate you and rise up against you.. which is exactly what happened to garrosh? he thought the ORcs were the Horde and fuck everyone else. he got deposed for it and lost the war.

how did so many Orc fans miss this, when it was their race that got battered by the villain bat just to get this point across?
    I play a BE main, and I am also a Vol'jin hater. It has nothing to do with him being a troll. There are a few bad ass Trolls in WoW, like Zul'jin. It has everything to do with him being Vol'jin. He's just a super lame character that achieved absolutely nothing in the story, played no significant role, has nothing else that makes him a big deal or interesting. The way he became Warchief is also in the most retarded way ever. I can write an entire essay here on why Vol'jin sucks. He's literally the lamest Horde leader along with Baine. And that's saying a lot, considering Lor'themar used to be a comic book character with no other story to him and probably half of the playerbase not even knowing who the BE faction leader was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have preferred that Lor'themar become warchief. Maybe one day. :<

Deleted
    I hope this leads to Orgrimmar rework :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    I would have preferred that Lor'themar become warchief. Maybe one day. :<
    Honestly, yes.

Lor'themar being the Warchief would be a lot more cooler than Vol'jin, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Honestly, yes.

Lor'themar being the Warchief would be a lot more cooler than Vol'jin, really.
    Lor'themar just oozes cool I was pulling for him
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Lor'themar just oozes cool I was pulling for him
    Pre Mists no one would've said this.

They really did a fantastic job with his character development.

except Vol'jin is one of if not the lamest leader on the horde side. what did he accomplish before he got the position handed to him? nothing notable, as Garry pointed out it took him YEARS to get a hold of a tiny string of islands from one crazy witch doctor. fuck he even had to go bend over backwards to get the allies to help him retake the horde. sure it shows he has some diplomatic skill even though it's all for nothing given where the factions are now.

I would have picked Lor'themar given we know he can lead a successful military campaign without crying to the other faction for help. sure you can point to how it shouldn't be about race but qualifications, but Vol'jin fits NONE of them.

Deleted
    I agree that Lor'themar would have been better as Warchief. Despite being a Troll, Vol'jin is clearly just going to run the Horde exactly as Thrall did. Lor'themar would have completely changed the dynamic of the Horde, which would have been a much bolder and more interesting decision than what we got. I've got nothing against Vol'jin and in-story he'll make a fine leader I think. But he was the safe choice. I'm not going to applaud Blizzard for the safe choice.

ETA: Also, having a Belf rather than a Troll getting the job would have really enforced the equality message. The Orcs and the Darkspears are so culturally intertwined at this point - it's still one of the core Horde races being made Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I agree that Lor'themar would have been better as Warchief. Despite being a Troll, Vol'jin is clearly just going to run the Horde exactly as Thrall did.
    that's the other thing, under Garry we had a dynamic leader with a take what you want and fuck the other guys mentality, that is what the horde should be about. now it's back peace love and BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post

I think you are missing the point. We do not care if its a non orc warchief, we just dont like Vol'jin. From the very get go, he has not been able to do anything... I mean anything on his own. How did they finally get the echo isles? From the help of everyone from one troll. It took him to many years. Hell, he could have simply asked thrall to go berserk on isles while he sat in the keep with him for those many years, yet he let the witch doctor do what he wanted. Then, for some reason, he decided to go against garrosh... AFTER getting stabbed in the neck, while other races were already prepping to leave. He is an incompetent leader, and deserves not to be the warchief. Sylvannas would easily be better. But Most of us would rather have had Lorthemar, because he has shown time and time again that he is a competent leader, not just in military, but also negotiations. And if it had to be an orc, it was easily Saurfang.

But, Vol'jin got deus ex machinaed into the position, even though they told us it would be someone we would not expect. Everyone easily guessed Vol'jin, but as they built up Lor'themar, we hoped for him, because it was not a deus ex machinaed into the position, but rather a true leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    They really did a fantastic job with his character development.
    Personally i loved the part where he wanted to rejoin the Alliance until Garrosh abused Jainas hatred for him to force the Blood elves closer to the Horde.

Blood elves, Undead and Goblins have 0 Loyalty towards the Horde in my view, if things go bad they take the next turn to get out there if they can.

The only reason why they joined the Horde in the first place is because their political position left them no options.

lets make wow just like real life, that'll be fun.

when will equal opportunity show its face?

lets see if we can fuck up WoW as much as we have managed to fuck up the real world. Who needs fantasy, lets make everything ultra-real.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Personally i loved the part where he wanted to rejoin the Alliance until Garrosh abused Jainas hatred for him to force the Blood elves closer to the Horde.

Blood elves, Undead and Goblins have 0 Loyalty towards the Horde in my view, if things go bad they take the next turn to get out there if they can.

The only reason why they joined the Horde in the first place is because their political position left them no options.
    So if you were part of pre-ww2 Germany, and then Hitler came along who equates to garrosh in this case, you should just blindly follow him because he's your "leader"?

Or should you join the allies / alliance who is actively working to depose a corrupt leader?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'Jin is just a shitty character

The Horde player base is largely made up of sociopaths. you see it in the complaints. Vol'jin WEAK. VOL'JIN PUNY. VOL'JIN ASK ALLIANCE FOR HELP INSTED KILL GARROSH WITH TUSK TO FACE. UG UG.

They don't like that Vol'Jin didn't just overpower everything ever by virtue of being Vol'Jin like greenjesus did.

Yeah, nobody is trying to take moral lessons from video games. You can't actually believe the vast majority of people thought philosophically about happened with Garrosh, especially when I would bet half the playerbase didn't even know the story of what was going on to begin with. I remember how on my server sooo many people were for some reason against lore, you could never speak about a storyline to anyone without being called a fag. I'll never understand people who don't care to know/don't want to know the stories going on in a game they love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Truestrike View Post
    The Horde player base is largely made up of sociopaths. you see it in the complaints. Vol'jin WEAK. VOL'JIN PUNY. VOL'JIN ASK ALLIANCE FOR HELP INSTED KILL GARROSH WITH TUSK TO FACE. UG UG.

They don't like that Vol'Jin didn't just overpower everything ever by virtue of being Vol'Jin like greenjesus did.
    Lol, that's not even near the main complaints about the guys.

Also, might want to get a smaller brush in the future.