Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Its not a real issue, its a fabricated shock issue.
    When, in the effort to make stricter Voter ID laws, you inadvertently make thousands of newly married / newly divorced / newly name changed women unable to vote because name on voter registration from pre name change =/= new name on photo ids, yeah its a problem.

Was eventually fixed here in Texas, but anyone with half a brain that thought about women would have known that would have caused a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    So a woman who decides to not have children, or just plain can't for what ever reason, should get paid less than men?

Sounds stupid to me.
    It is, good thing it doesn't ACTUALLY happen that way.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    When, in the effort to make stricter Voter ID laws, you inadvertently make thousands of newly married / newly divorced / newly name changed women unable to vote because name on voter registration from pre name change =/= new name on photo ids, yeah its a problem.

Was eventually fixed here in Texas, but anyone with half a brain that thought about women would have known that would have caused a problem
    I was talking about equal pay. But to answer your question if she were newly married or divorced and had an ID wouldn't she just vote under the id she had?. Or can she now get a new ID and vote under each id name?, that's a problem I hadn't even though of, women voting twice because of name changes, thanks crissi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I was talking about equal pay. But to answer your question if she were newly married or divorced and had an ID wouldn't she just vote under the id she had?.
    You might want to specify then and not say women dont have any actual issues. Also, using an ID from before your legal stuff is changed I believe is invalid after it is changed such as driver ID's (they'll give you a temporary one, but it has no photo on it)

I fint really understand this dont you driverslicence equal à photoid? And dont every adult person get at the least à photoid?

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    That was my point. There has been investigation done into this. The number of people trying to vote as other people is astronomically low. 2026 alleged cases since 2000 and only ~600 convicted. That's 600 people across 14 years across all 50 states. On average, that's LESS THAN ONE VOTE PER STATE PER YEAR. And that's with Republicans pouring lots of money into investigating this.

The biggest problem they've found is people registering as someone they are not, registering with stolen identities, and otherwise. Voter fraud DOESN'T HAPPEN AT THE POLLS where voter ID is aimed at stopping fraud. The investigation into the issue shows that it happens AT REGISTRATION, not at people going to the polling places and saying they're someone they're not.

People register as someone they are not using stolen identities, then they go to the polling place using an ID from a stolen identity and get to vote anyway. Voter ID laws do not stop this type of fraud.
    My town only gave out 12 J-Walking tickets last year does that then mean only 12 people J-Walked all year long?