Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    She will grow up to kill everyone at school if someone cheats on her or treats her bad that's what im worried about.
    Stretching it beyond being reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    While she was in a shit situation, killing is not the answer here.

Except at 14 her only option was to stay until she was old enough to get out of it. There was no other answer for her to get out.
    In the United States, if I kidnap someone's daughter and plan on having sex with her and she poisoned me to get away, she'd be hailed as such a strong resourceful girl. The only people who actually died were the husband and 3 friends.

And people need to stop saying this is just "arranged marriage". It's essentially that she was sold as a sex slave by her parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    My point is that when you are just replying as you go, you don't tend to response accurately to every post. Take that stick out of your ass, I edited the post. Sorry for offending you that badly. Your history teacher must have been turning in his grave (God Bless Him, I can see why he passed at a early age with you as a student) for you to get this anal about this.
    You are really worried about my ass. Whats up with that?
    Also, I don't know if you know this, but topics and responses tend to shift directions (albeit a little off-topic) in any discussion. I didn't come into the thread with that intention in the first place. Kind of like what you are doing now where instead of talking about the topic at hand you feel more at home chastising me for a small mistake.

Am I free to go now or are you going to hound me about this for the next hour or so?
    Well you referred to a person talking about the US Civil War, suggesting that the slaves in Nigeria should have a revolution. It was entirely on topic and entirely ignorant of history. Your handwaving and attempts to be 'less incorrect' aside, that's what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

She will grow up to kill everyone at school if someone cheats on her or treats her bad that's what im worried about.
    she killed a man that was holding her "hostage" and wanted to "have sex with her" all against her will, along with people who did not care enough to do anything about it - thats quite a FAR CRY from a boyfriend having sex with someone OTHER THEN HER or a boyfriend who yells at her or makes fun of her...
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2014-04-11 at 10:36 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    she killed a man that was holding her "hostage" and wanted to "have sex with her" all against her will - thats quite a FAR CRY from a boyfriend having sex with someone OTHER THEN HER or a boyfriend who yells at her or makes fun of her...
    Once a killer always a killer isn't that how it goes?

Deleted
    No, it isn't. Just a slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Except at 14 her only option was to stay until she was old enough to get out of it. There was no other answer for her to get out.
    In the United States, if I kidnap someone's daughter and plan on having sex with her and she poisoned me to get away, she'd be hailed as such a strong resourceful girl. The only people who actually died were the husband and 3 friends.

And people need to stop saying this is just "arranged marriage". It's essentially that she was sold as a sex slave by her parents.
    Sex Slavery is also in my definition of arranged marriage depending on the circumstances.

Deleted
    There's a difference between somebody who feels pushed to kill in a situation like this and somebody who kills every time they are a little upset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goranus View Post
    Sex Slavery is also in my definition of arranged marriage depending on the circumstances.
    In arranged marriages they marry out of free will, they're just presented to eachother by the parents - you can probably view it as matchmaking by the parents. In forced marriages they do not. In many cases it's one part who does not want to.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    You are really worried about my ass. Whats up with that?
    That stick up there is just making me worried, that's all. If that's your preference though, who am I to judge.

Well you referred to a person talking about the US Civil War, suggesting that the slaves in Nigeria should have a revolution. It was entirely on topic and entirely ignorant of history. Your handwaving and attempts to be 'less incorrect' aside, that's what it is.
    I'm not going to convince you am I? Even though I responded to your post SHORTLY AFTER and correcting myself. My bad though, I learned American History in the 2 minutes it took me to respond to you to fix my mistake and look "less incorrect". Ok, ok fine. Sorry for being so ignorant and being raised in a shed. Please let it go Mr. History Major? I promise I will brush up on my history and get at least a C next time! We can't all be prodigies at history, can we? Must be rough for geniuses like you to keep up with mere folks like me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bervose View Post
    We have no proof he had raped her at the point in time this happened. However if a man is willing to marry a girl without her consent then it is not too big a leap to believe that he may have been willing to rape her.
    If said form of marriage is the norm its not exactly his fault. He was doing what is "normal" in his own culture. Its also a fucking huge leap to go from arranged marriage to rape.

Also believing something vs what actually happens is very different.

The country has a different cultural structure. Yes by western standards its all kinds of fubar but as it stands a guy + a bunch of others have been murdered for doing something their culture and country finds to be generally accepted.

As much as the girls was put in a really fucked up situation, it doesn't give her the right to murder a bunch of people.

15+ Year Old Account
    People throw very immoral assumptions here about the man being "a pedo rapist". We don't know whether the man had sex with the girl or not. They were also married for less than a week.

The girl is a murderer, that is a fact. And not only she murdered her husband, but others too.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    If said form of marriage is the norm its not exactly his fault. He was doing what is "normal" in his own culture. Its also a fucking huge leap to go from arranged marriage to rape.

The country has a different cultural structure. Yes by western standards its all kinds of fubar but as it stands a guy + a bunch of others have been murdered for doing something their culture and country finds to be generally accepted.

As much as the girls was put in a really fucked up situation, it doesn't give her the right to murder a bunch of people.
    It's not a fucking huge leap to go from forced marriage to rape. What is consummation of a marriage? If she doesn't want to have sex when she's in a forced marriage, what do you think happens? That the man will just respect it? If he respect her why was she forced into marrying him then?

nope - unless you are saying that if YOU killed a man who was holding you hostage and was going to have sex with you against your will when YOU were 14, that means YOU would kill ANYONE else you wanted to, then, yes, of course thats how it goes...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukioish View Post
    Now now, internet psychos, she DID murder a whole bunch of people. Lets not celebrate that fact too much, eh? Nothing good came of this, whether the marriage or the murder, so lets just agree that life isn't fair.
    given that the people she 'murdered' were intent on subjecting her to a life of slavery and rape id say that yes we should celebrate her bravery. The pity is that she will most likely be killed once the media spotlight has gone for what she has done.

Its easy to sit in judgement when you sit in a country were the law protects you and those you love from this sort of thing. But where she is girls way younger then her are forced into 'marriages' many of them do not survive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    It's not a fucking huge leap to go from forced marriage to rape. What is consummation of a marriage? If she doesn't want to have sex when she's in a forced marriage, what do you think happens? That the mean will just respect it? If he respect her why was she forced into marrying him then?
    Can you prove otherwise? No. But then neither can i. But brandishing all men in a forced marriage a rapist.

The couple married a week earlier and there is no mention of consummation. How do you know it has happened? How do you know it will?

Deleted

I dunno like, culture or not, suppose (and for this scenario, I'm assuming you are a straight male dude, if not, substitute the characters accordingly) but suppose you were 14, and it became part of the culture in your country for forced marriages to happen. You were forcibly married to a 40 year old gay man who wanted to have you as his little husband and you were stuck with that for life. Marriages are generally consumated, and it's not exactly a stretch to assume he would be having sex with you (possibly as often as he wanted) - Would you really be okay with some guy fucking you every night for the next half century and there was nothing you could do about it other than to "grow to like him" or "accept it as part of your culture" or just shiv the bastard?

Deleted
    Can you prove otherwise? No. But then neither can i. But brandishing all men in a forced marriage a rapist.

The couple married a week earlier and there is no mention of consummation. How do you know it has happened? How do you know it will?
    How do you know it won't happen?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    It's not a fucking huge leap to go from forced marriage to rape. What is consummation of a marriage? If she doesn't want to have sex when she's in a forced marriage, what do you think happens? That the man will just respect it? If he respect her why was she forced into marrying him then?
    Nobody in this forum knows what the man did. Maybe the man respected it, or didn't even ask for sex in the first place and wanted to wait until his wife is an adult?

Probably the man had sex with her and it would be considered rape if the girl said no. But we don't know that.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    He disregarded her opinion on getting married due to those social norms, to say that he could do the same with regards to sex is not a huge leap. This is especially true if there are social norms about sex after marriage since he has already demonstrated putting them first.

I've never said it was right, and to be honest I find the situation tragic. However she was put in a terrible situation and saw this as the only way out. For that reason I am not going to condemn her. but I will not condone what she did either.

Maybe that country should look into why she felt she had to do as she did though.