New to wow, Frost mage dps issues :/

Hey ! So as my above title states im new to wow, I have a 547 gear score but I cannot seem to peak dps. I have been doing alot of reading on google, icy veins, noxxic and use ask mr robot for gear optimisation but still cant get it right.

I have gemmed, chanted and forged according to amr but get confused as to the specifics ...

Some say stack haste, others say mastery, everyone says crit is not viable but needs to be at 23%, I would have to spec just to reach it for the shatter cap passive proc.

Which haste cap do I focus on for my gear / ilvl .. so yeah very confused :/ help would be greatly appreciated as information seems to vary quite a lot.

Char - Aldrettius
    Server - USA
    Real - Khazgoroth

Thanks in advance

P.s I have mage nuggets as an addon for stat readings .. is this viable?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Haste is your best stat to 14242, where it begins to break even with mastery. Mastery does not pull ahead until 15697 haste.

23% crit was where we sat at lower gear levels earlier in the expansion, simply due to the fact that the mastery was different back then and rewarded having Lance and FFB near crit cap. I don't believe it matters too much anymore, just take crit as it comes.

There was a lot of "feelycraft" going on this expansion when SimC was inaccurate. It lead to the different builds belief, there was very little math behind these. This is no longer the case.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2014-09-30 at 08:05 AM.

Ignore noxxic down the road. While it is good you want to improve frost like everybody else is getting an overhaul in 2 weeks so anything you learn now will have to be relearned. At your current gear lvl you wont be able to stack enough haste to get to the point you switch to mastery, so stack the crap out of haste every chance you get.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

This enclude reforges ? Im at 14232 haste atm (33.51%) and have a mastery of 46.10 % ... so roll haste from anything even tho im past this point? I thought haste became wasted after reaching a cap?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, after reforges. Haste is never completely wasted, due to us having both DoTs and the Water Elemental's Waterbolt. 14242 is simply where haste = mastery; if you have more, it doesn't really matter. Mastery simply becomes more valuable than haste beyond 15697. If you're at 14242, just start getting more everything, and only worry about reforging out of it later. The reason our BiS is the crit/mastery hat is that is has more secondary stats total than the haste/mastery one.