Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Biggest rift area you ever found

I ran into this the other day with a friend, we though there was going to be no end of it.
    What is your biggest you ever found?

http://i.imgur.com/IIfxB5b.jpg
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2014-04-14 at 01:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord that's a big map. My biggest one was usually Desolate sands or Dahlgur oasis.

I remember one rift I got the other day -- it was one of the Defiled Crypts, except it was just a really, really long one-way hallway . There were no forks, branches or rooms. It was just a really long hallway before it goes to the next level.
    Last edited by Fhi; 2014-04-14 at 12:44 AM.

Huge prison rift is my favorite. Usually rolls with obscene elite density as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Huge prison rift is my favorite. Usually rolls with obscene elite density as well.
    Yea.. tell me about it. Rift Guardian spawned halfway through killing a pack. In the process of kiting it all we ended up pulling a total of 4 more elites. Making it 5 elites and the rift guardian. We died. A lot.

Prison is really big but Desolate sands, Bridge of korsik and the place where vault of the assassin is can be really big as well.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    I've had the giant prison several times. It's pretty fun. However, the weirdest zone I have ever had was this single tunnel, which at first had a few bends to it, and then a straight that went on for miles. The map of it was like 5 screens long.

I had a Caldium sewer rift level that was literally a straight line. With no speed bonuses it took 5 minutes to run end to end

biggest rift imo is the outside one kinda like Desolate sands i guess.. its huge like a giant ass circle () but with the lvl 2 at the top. anyway i went from 0-100% during then just running around killing elites. my fav would probly be the graveyard though, tons of elite packs pretty close together, no annoying furnaces or circular turns or ward doors. just a fun GY.

15+ Year Old Account
    From my experience, Blood Marsh ones are always the best. Big open areas, lots of kiting potential and helluva density. Had a few of them already completed without even going to level 2.

Second best probably Dahlgur Oasis and Briarthorn Cemetery (lots of chests/memorials). I don't like prison, density is good, but tight corridors make it a hellish experience for Barbarians.
    Last edited by Spray; 2014-04-14 at 07:21 AM.

The rifts are one of the best things, that ever met Diablo 3.. I really like, how randomized it is. Some rifts are quite dark and have true Diablo feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    I ran into this the other day with a friend, we though there was going to be no end of it.
    What is your biggest you ever found?

http://i.imgur.com/IIfxB5b.jpg
    Got this yesterday too. Was amazed about the size.

Also found the treasure goblin map.

Yeah, I love getting Cursed Hold; the mob density is almost always really high.

Blizz really needs to fix mob density in rifts, tbh. Some areas are packed to the brim with mobs, other areas I'll be running 5-10 seconds between packs of 4-5 mobs.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love the huge prison layout!^^ Had this a couple of times so far. We also once had an extreeemely long alleyway that made up the entire level. It took roughly 3 Minutes to run from one end to the other.
    Last edited by LegendaryDude; 2014-04-14 at 12:41 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The prison map is awesome. It's packed with monsters and has had good drops for me. I got the worst one ever imagined last night and it was a generic desert map that was 10x the size of the story mode. Mobs came in packs of three and were spread very, very far out. It took me an hour to clear just from trying to find enough mobs to kill. It was the only level generated for that Rift and I was already halfway done when I found out so I had to finish it. Next time I load into that map I will leave and reset my game. Never again.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    The best Rifts basically always have the huge prison layout. Lots of elites, high chance of finding pools and shrines (even better if you have elite spawning bracers), and the fighting becomes quite fun if you spawn the Rift Guardian while fighting elites at the same time.

Had a highlands map (one with leoric's manor) that felt huge due to the ungodly mob density. Had I not been a baddie and lost track of my cursor a couple times, a 300+ massacre could've been had. Had 2 separate 90 counts and 2 around 60 each.

Always liked the large prison maps and battlefield of eternity. Worst one for me is hell rift. Every time I get one of those, there's a bunch o trash mobs and 1-2 champ packs tops.

Deleted
    Yeah, mine as well. Its beauty is also in that you can clear it very systematically and avoid chain pulling when you have to kite back. The narrow corridors also make it ideal for my frost arrow spam, and stops the mobs from running around me, like they can in an open area.

It is probably one of the, if not the biggest rift that I've had.

I got today really big Dhalgur Oasis rift type. It was like 3x normal dhalgur. Mob density was also decent and got many elite packs so I cleared whole map. Too bad got only 1 leg from this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I got today really big Dhalgur Oasis rift type. It was like 3x normal dhalgur. Mob density was also decent and got many elite packs so I cleared whole map. Too bad got only 1 leg from this.
    U mean this? Map was so big, it doesn't fit my monitor @ 1920 x 1200 px

Original size: http://s7.directupload.net/images/140415/l49ti6da.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    U mean this? Map was so big, it doesn't fit my monitor @ 1920 x 1200 px

Original size: http://s7.directupload.net/images/140415/l49ti6da.jpg
    I love that you named the file d3wtfmap.