Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why is Blizzard so slow at connecting European realms?

It's a joke honestly, they don't even give us a reason.
    I'm not subscribed at the moment, so it doesn't piss me off too much but I just hope this nightmare is sorted out before WoD because that's when I'm planning to come back, and coming back to a dead fucking realm is seriously going to ruin my enjoyment of the expansion.

Recently it's taken them 3 weeks to connect 4 realms.
    I just can't think of a reason why it would be so slow.

Lazy communication from US department? Easter holidays? General incompetence? Low priority?

They dont give a shit about you, they only did about half the NA realms. they just needed to do some to show that they made an attempt at it. Things are now "postponed for a future date" aka: pay us for that server change sucker

well for me on the NA its kind of slow my horde realm is on the list but not connected yet.

my alliance realm on the other hand has not been even listed yet. its kind of slow everywhere.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disapproval Turtle View Post
    I'm not subscribed at the moment, so it doesn't piss me off too much but I just hope this nightmare is sorted out before WoD because that's when I'm planning to come back, and coming back to a dead fucking realm is seriously going to ruin my enjoyment of the expansion.

Lazy communication from US department? Easter holidays? General incompetence? Low priority?
    You don't know much of the system either I see. After what they have explained in a blue post once, merging/connecting servers are not a simple thing to do. It isn't just a "click" and it is done. As well, the connection of the servers aren't as high on priority as other services, development and maintenance would be.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I think what more infuriating is what they did connect. There doesn't seem to be any particular method, pattern or reasoning.

One week they connect 3 realms with 10K each, then 2 realms with 40k each, then 2 realms with 15k each. Like wtf are you just pulling names out of a hat?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You don't know much of the system either I see. After what they have explained in a blue post once, merging/connecting servers are not a simple thing to do. It isn't just a "click" and it is done. As well, the connection of the servers aren't as high on priority as other services, development and maintenance would be.
    100% this.

paid services = higher priority
    free services = lower priority

give them money and they will do it in next 10 mins.

I'm quite disappointed about the turn around rate. Really excited when they announced thinking "awesome, my realm is going to be alive again". But at this rate I'll be surprised if our realm is connected by the time WoD is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrwler View Post
    I'm quite disappointed about the turn around rate. Really excited when they announced thinking "awesome, my realm is going to be alive again". But at this rate I'll be surprised if our realm is connected by the time WoD is released.
    they were slow, then they got fast, now they are slow again. lame
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    I know it's not a simple click = done, but I'm sure they could put a little more effort into this and communicating with us what's gone wrong and why it's taking so long.

Also excuse my ignorance but what "development" happens on the EU side? I'd think all EU Blizz employees are just technicians for server hardware and maintainance, a handful of community managers, and a small team of customer support representatives hence the 4 day ticket wait times.

Development obviously happens in the US and their finishes products are copied over to the other regions.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    give them money and they will do it in next 10 mins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thralls Balls View Post
    They dont give a shit about you, they only did about half the NA realms. they just needed to do some to show that they made an attempt at it. Things are now "postponed for a future date" aka: pay us for that server change sucker
    They stand to lose more than they gain with that tactic.
    A lot of people quit if their realm is dead, rather than forcing us to pay for transfers, people would be more inclined to just stop playing.

I think the slow pace of connecting servers is now the same thing that is preventing them from moving forward. As the expansion lingers on, so do population levels. And if they are basing their decisions on what to merge based on population levels, they can't do it if everyone is unsubbed until WoD. Catch-22.

I'd rather they take the risk of having servers too populated at WoD release and offer free xfers elsewhere, than not connect enough before WoD.

I'm on a low population server US server, Bloodhoof, and we haven't been merged. Bloodhoof is one of the original launch servers as well. I'm playing diablo 3 to kill the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's not a simple click = done, but I'm sure they could put a little more effort into this and communicating with us what's gone wrong and why it's taking so long.

Also excuse my ignorance but what "development" happens on the EU side? I'd think all EU Blizz employees are just technicians for server hardware and maintainance, a handful of community managers, and a small team of customer support representatives hence the 4 day ticket wait times.

Development obviously happens in the US and their finishes products are copied over to the other regions.
    But they are doing some effort to do so, last I saw a merge note, that was 4 servers. They are after all checking status and programming to find out which server is the better choice as well. You can see what next is up. You cannot expect it all to run right away.

As well, giving them money to finish it up wont do ither. They are still in need to run checks and the likes, cannot be done in 10 minutes.

And well, their support team is like US, split up. We don't talk with the 'Techs' at all, we don't even talk with the billing anymore like we did back in the days. All connections and support are going through the CM/GM teams. And well, I find some tickets does wait a bit, and others not.. But I also find some people's tickets shouldn't be either. Some friends I tend to help before they ticket it, for it is normally something they could have found out themselves. The support team is slower because they are a little fewer.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    we are not discussing easy or hard to connect

OP was clear and its true

they are slow on EU realms always, not just realm connections everything else they decide to change they change EU last

when they test somethings they start with asia then NA then they hesitate when it comes to introduce anything to EU
    its like "do we have to change anything on EU ?"

blizzard is moving at exactly the speed they plan to, need to, want to, have to and as per the developments of unforeseen circumstances.

They need to be much more careful with the EU realms cause there are additional factors that are not as big or non-existent for the US realms.

And personally I think transparency on this matter, full or any more transparency than they are providing already, will be a major mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooliganz View Post
    we are not discussing easy or hard to connect

OP was clear and its true

they are slow on EU realms always, not just realm connections everything else they decide to change they change EU last

when they test somethings they start with asia then NA then they hesitate when it comes to introduce anything to EU
    its like "do we have to change anything on EU ?"
    Uhm.. yes? They always change EU last.. That is sorta common information. But they are working on it, and yes, it is also about easy or hard to connect - it is part of how fast you wish stuff to happen too. But running server merge every 3rd or 4th week isn't bad either, sometimes they take longer to see how the planned servers hold.

I agree.. I am waiting for my server to get connected in order to subscribe again...most of all, I want to offload my bank and make some gold for WoD but the AH of my server is dead.. The problem is that, on the alliance side is not that bad (still low though), but on the horde side is dead. And I am wondering, do they take into account faction population on server or only the general server population?

Also, if my server is connected to another one, can I create characters on that server too beyond the limit of 11? Or the 2 servers will read as one and you have the 11 characters limit?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm.. yes? They always change EU last.. That is sorta common information. But they are working on it, and yes, it is also about easy or hard to connect - it is part of how fast you wish stuff to happen too. But running server merge every 3rd or 4th week isn't bad either, sometimes they take longer to see how the planned servers hold.
    easy or hard to connect realms that effects all regions
    OP pointed out why is EU always suffering

my realm is dead and day by day its losing more and more guilds

if they hurry up well that might set things in the right path

but if they are going to us after 3-4 months ??? whats the use ? might aswell let our realm rot

you have to play EU to know what i mean

Enyoy it while you can mate.... My server went from low to high after merging a few servers and now every rare and warbringer is slways dead, and they all flood the AH and undercut everything so stuff is worth next to nothing...

Before merge my friend and i could kill warbringers for hours without seeing anyone else, i sold ghost iron bar stacks for 300-500 g/stack ecen sold a few ore and cloth stacks for 200-300g
    There is no upside with full server since you can do every raid and all stuff cross realm eith openraid an oQ so i am against this piece of " bleep" merge

- - - Updated - - -

Sry for typos typing on phone with slight delay so might have pushed wrong letters

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooliganz View Post
    easy or hard to connect realms that effects all regions
    OP pointed out why is EU always suffering

my realm is dead and day by day its losing more and more guilds

if they hurry up well that might set things in the right path

but if they are going to us after 3-4 months ??? whats the use ? might aswell let our realm rot

you have to play EU to know what i mean
    Not really their fault for not picking yours or the OP's server first? It is all running on a schedule. They follow that at the speed their priority is set for.

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe the hardware is just older and having issues updating? Maybe you're just over-thinking it?

My realm (Sisters of Elune) died about halfway through Cata. And now, we've been on the list to "connect" to Cenarion Circle for about a half a year or longer. You're not the only realm to be put off.