Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbraorbis View Post
    Fuck me, when did this forum turn into a cesspit of people being so angry over whether people are playing a video game or not?
    this forum has had a toxic community for a few years now. You will find people on both ends of the spectrum and the whole thing is actually quite amazing how both sides have the same level of vitriol for the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbraorbis View Post
    Fuck me, when did this forum turn into a cesspit of people being so angry over whether people are playing a video game or not?
    When you walked in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IzoGray View Post
    this forum has had a toxic community for a few years now. You will find people on both ends of the spectrum and the whole thing is actually quite amazing how both sides have the same level of vitriol for the other.
    Yeah, but they just ban one side, to try to control the outcome...

It's very sad really.

I'll wait for the free7 or 10 days from Blizz just to try and see what the fuss is about then I'll resub in 6.1 or when they will re-enable flying again.
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    for sure. I am not subbed now, did stop one month ago and saw no point in continuing to play without some content between now and 6.0

Of course I will. WoD looks absolutely fantastic.

Deleted
    Nope too many changes I don't like and new models wont make up for it.

It's highly likely that I will not return for WoD or anything else. Having bought WoW on the first day of vanilla retail, the game just seems like a genericized shadow of what it used to be for me. I gave MoP a chance, and even raided through SoO heroics, but I just couldn't deal with how bland it all felt after awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Honestly, I'm excited about the expansion itself, but when they started selling 90's on the cash-shop, I left. It just seemed like they crossed a line that they'll never be able to return from, and it felt sort of insulting.

Now, if Blizzard removes paid-90's? I'd be back in a heartbeat.
    How has paid 90s had an affect on you?

Honestly, I'm excited about the expansion itself, but when they started selling 90's on the cash-shop, I left. It just seemed like they crossed a line that they'll never be able to return from, and it felt sort of insulting.

how does that even affect you? lvling from 1 to 90 is so retarded and annoying anyway, lvling is not fun anymore for ppl who have done the quests already 5+ times, its not challenging either, blizzard realized that and added this service which wont be used by alot of ppl since its relatively expensive

Stuck through MOP until SoO and that was enough. This expansion was okay in the beginning but got so terribly repetitive. I honestly thought the leaks for WoD were a joke... For me nothing in the next expansion rekindles my excitement for WoW. I think the alternate timeline route is an extremely lazy reaction to the fan base not appreciating NEW lore. So instead we get an expansion that is basically a 14+ month expansion that is essentially a 'what if' rehashing of a old story?

nope.

Deleted
    If nothing special happens, I'll be back for WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    how does that even affect you? lvling from 1 to 90 is so retarded and annoying anyway, lvling is not fun anymore for ppl who have done the quests already 5+ times, its not challenging either, blizzard realized that and added this service which wont be used by alot of ppl since its relatively expensive
    What do you care how it affects them? People play a game based on how they feel about it. Plenty of people don't like this paid 90s stuff regardless of how you feel about it.

Maybe, depends mostly on what other games are available at that moment. PvP looks interesting though so maybe I'll see what it's like.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah yeah that constant PvP battle-zone did sound cool, forgot about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it.

I've quit 10-20-30 times over and over due to boredom or just rage quitting the game.

However, halfway into MoP was the final nail in the coffin for me. Everyone's an entitled special little snowflake and this game is catered towards middle aged family working adults who'd rather have the option to pay for things with a debit card than earn them.

I'm 26, I work full time as a web developer and copywriter. The state of online games disgusts me. The grind and hard earned achievements is almost completely gone from WoW and now it's more like an arcade game than anything else.

"but muh $15, I should have access too."

No, you shouldn't. You should have to earn your way to something.

This is why I'm currently playing LoL. I never in a million years thought I would be playing League over WoW, but here I am. I'm currently playing LoL because there's a grind still there. There is no grind in WoW. You basically do your weekly raids then your main character is done. This game wasn't designed as a 10xalt game, so I have no idea why they geared it towards that.

I like the idea of grinding up to Diamond and you can't be a casual player to get there. The casuals and bad players remain towards the bottom while the better players stride towards the top.

In WoW, everyone's entitled and Blizzard has this "content for all" mentality. Well, the subscriber numbers surely show how that's working out for them. Plus, looking at all of these changes, they're making everything even easier. I don't understand it.

I doubt i'll come back to WoW ever again, even for WoD. I barely look at MMO Champ anymore. I used to look at it once a day for changes or constantly F5 it when betas were out. Now though, I just don't care. WoW is dead for me and the friends I used to play with. If they want all the people I know to come back, they'll have to stop turning it into Hello Kitty Island Casual Adventure Mode.

My sub expires in a week and a half and I'm not so sure about WoD.

For a subscription based game I do not believe I get my contents worth. Blizzard have so many micro-transactions in game as well as the sub fee and they feel like it's acceptable not to give us any new content for a 3rd time, I've lost my respect for them but I still have a lot of friends playing and for years that was the main reason I kept playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, leaning towards no. The only new feature seems to be garrisons. Not impressed at all, and the pay to win model certainly isn't helping either.

I thought your kind died off after the first two weeks...back to your hole in the ground.

OT: Unsubbed for now, will resub a month before to power level mining and herbing on my Ret paladin. Since professions will be useless for raid combat, i can go for max profit at the start of the expansion.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

The only thing that interests me about the expansion is the squish, something I've been wanting for quite some time. However, I've been unsubbed for all of mop, save for a few months at the beginning, and none of the coming changes are changes that would bring me back to the game. I think the game's targeted demographic has changed over time and I haven't been a part of it for at least an expansion or two already. RoS will hold my attention for a long time instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Maybe the fact i was mainly in school and could never raid on a tight schedule, but sure, BLAME ME for being a bad person, random guy on the internet, surely I was the problem with my entire guilds falling apart, when i barely got to run with most of them on average. I was always a backup raider, and i only voluntarily left a guild twice while it was still active, every other time, the guild was dead and the guildmaster quit the game; i had nothing to do with it. And i was only kicked out of a guild twice; out of seven years, only two people thought it necessary to kick me from the guild. And the 30 guilds was an estimation and exaggeration, its not a literal number.

but do go on about how bad i am or am a shitty person, clearly that is why 90% of the guilds i joined fell apart...
    Obviously school isn't teaching you reading comprehension. You must be feeling some inner turmoil about being a bad person if you took that from what I was saying. I never accused you of causing guilds to fall apart. I merely said that you're part of the problem as to why you can't stay in a steady guild. But, go ahead, be dismissive and get defensive because of you're inability to accept any blame for the fact that you average 4 guilds a year while so many other people don't seem to have that problem. We've seen guys like you before. We call you "Guild Hoppers".
    Last edited by notorious98; 2014-04-20 at 04:13 PM.