Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Warrior T17 Appearance

Now, I'm not usually one for rampant speculation, but looking at the Paladin T17 Sneak Peak that got posted got me thinking.

The T17 they showed looks remarkably like paladin's T4 Justicar set, or seemed at least heavily inspired by it. Would any of you be particularly disinclined towards an updated/animated version of T4 Warbringer?

Personally, I love the Warbringer set, and I'd love to see it get the same treatment.

EDIT: Looks like this just got datamined from the Alpha Client. Could be a really cool set IMO, opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Last edited by mmoc35ad792a71; 2014-04-22 at 01:46 AM.

I liked the destroyer set more :<

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    I liked the destroyer set more :<
    especially the green recolor.

On the one hand I think it's lazy to reuse old armor designs, but on the other hand every class (save DKs and Monks) had at least one awesome set in TBC that would be nice to see updated. Warriors had three awesome sets, so if everyone's T17 is a TBC redo, Warriors are guaranteed to look good :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh imagine they do T4, T5 and T6 inspired tiers through the next three patches...

I wouldn't even be pissed.

If it was as well done as paladins then perhaps. I think some "remakes" are fine, but I'd like to see something new.
    Stay salty my friends.

I do expect T17 to be a "remake" of the T4 set for all classes. I'm actually looking forward to it.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    if they remake t6 with moving parts ´n shit ill never speak ill about any of their decisions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krommm View Post
    If it was as well done as paladins then perhaps. I think some "remakes" are fine, but I'd like to see something new.
    I'm 50:50 on this.

One one side I'd really love to see a fully updated Warbringer with more fire/animated parts.

One the other side, if that's the quality of tier sets we're going to get, i'd love to see something really Iron-Horde inspired for a tier set as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not a fan of warrior tier4. I hope for Blackhand or Grom inspired warrior tier

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Im not a fan of warrior tier4. I hope for Blackhand or Grom inspired warrior tier
    Oh so much this. I never cared for Tier 4 warrior, and considering we're going up against some of the biggest warriors (and how the fanbase USUALLY responds to 'rehashed content') I really would rather see largely new gear as opposed to remade/based on past stuff (though I do like T5, still would rather see new gear than remakes/based on)

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    If we can get a Blackhand set, I rerolling to Orc warrior!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine with t17 being a revamped version of t4 for everyone, but t18 and 19 I would prefer to be wholly new sets.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Haven't seen a Warrior-ish set in a very long time, for me the MoP ones didn't gave me the feel of a warrior .So if they gonna remake them hope they are badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are jumping to the "t17 is going to be remakes" a little prematurely. I think they're still sticking to the "first tier is about showing off different aspects of the expansion" route, which, given that the Draenei are playing a central role in the story, would almost certainly lead to a Draenic set. Now they have said that they were looking to incorporate old Vanilla/BC designs into new armor, rather than revamping the old sets themselves, when it feels appropriate, and it is pretty easy to see that there's definitely inspirations from both t4 and t5 paladin gear, but I think the "driving force" behind it was a set of Draenic origins.

As for Warrior, assuming they take the same route, I think we'll see a set based off of Blackhand (Maybe Grommash/Warsong Clan, although I think that'll likely be saved for a later tier) If they do decide to incorporate an old warrior tier into it, I would put my money on t6. It's a community favorite, has lots of spikes, and could be pretty easily stretched to fit a "Blackhand/Blackrock" theme.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    I think people are jumping to the "t17 is going to be remakes" a little prematurely. I think they're still sticking to the "first tier is about showing off different aspects of the expansion" route, which, given that the Draenei are playing a central role in the story, would almost certainly lead to a Draenic set. Now they have said that they were looking to incorporate old Vanilla/BC designs into new armor, rather than revamping the old sets themselves, when it feels appropriate, and it is pretty easy to see that there's definitely inspirations from both t4 and t5 paladin gear, but I think the "driving force" behind it was a set of Draenic origins.

As for Warrior, assuming they take the same route, I think we'll see a set based off of Blackhand (Maybe Grommash/Warsong Clan, although I think that'll likely be saved for a later tier) If they do decide to incorporate an old warrior tier into it, I would put my money on t6. It's a community favorite, has lots of spikes, and could be pretty easily stretched to fit a "Blackhand/Blackrock" theme.
    Oh, I expect only the first tier set to be a remake of the TBC sets. I don't know if it'll be a remake of T4 for all classes or if they'll remake T4 through T6 based on the class. I expect T18 and T19 to have new art. To me, it just makes sense to evoke TBC since we are basically in the same place, except it's unspoiled....for now. And it would make sense to do so in the first tier of raiding. Plus it'll also mean you get to keep the "cool" art from the boss armour sets for later in the expansion, like how the Deathwing human-form set appeared in T13.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post

I don't think its completely out of the question, seeing as how T7 revisited Naxxramas was a remake of T3. Now we're revisiting Draenor/Outland, so I wouldn't be surprised if T17 is a remake of T4.

The Paladin T17 actually looks like a mix of T4 and T5 actually, so it might be better to say that it was "inspired" by T4 rather than being a "remake". I'm not a huge fan of the Warrior T4, but they could probably take some elements from it and make a really badass-looking set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by extinction1337 View Post
    especially the green recolor.
    The one that never got belt or boots
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

LET THE REMAKES FLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TBC Warrior armor was NASTY!

Quote Originally Posted by Exhil View Post
    I'm 50:50 on this.

One one side I'd really love to see a fully updated Warbringer with more fire/animated parts.

One the other side, if that's the quality of tier sets we're going to get, i'd love to see something really Iron-Horde inspired for a tier set as well.
    Iron horde inspired doesn't mean much more than SoO gear. Yay, sticks and metal. I love that they are updating tier 4, and hope they do the next two sets as well. Tier 6 is my favorite set of armor and has been since I got most of it when it was relevant (damn you sunwell).