Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    This guy should get absolutely zero congratulations.

Getting your guild to kill all your realm-first competition? To essentially grief other players to the point of harassment?

I'm sorry, but that's just pathetic. I would be ashamed of even having those achievements if I was in your position.

But then again, if I deliberately did something like that then it'd be clear I didn't give a shit about anyone else, and thus would feel no shame at resorting to such underhanded tactics.

No doubt I'll have all kinds of people going "lol u so jelly" and so on, but then again, it has to be said. I despise anyone that acts in such a way - it doesn't matter if it's video games, sport, business or whatever. Have some goddamn integrity.
    Last edited by stuartj1992; 2014-04-21 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent achievement and I'm glad MMO announced it.

Like I said on FB, Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Some of us play WoW to get that arena rating, some to conquer that final tier heroic boss. This guy just took it to a whole next level and I think it's a brilliant accomplishment.

/bow
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Gratz to your guild and friends for all their hard work.
    Gratz to you for being the lucky sod on the receiving end of that hard work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartj1992 View Post
    This guy should get absolutely zero congratulations.

Getting your guild to kill all your realm-first competition? To essentially grief other players to the point of harassment?

I'm sorry, but that's just pathetic. I would be ashamed of even having those achievements if I was in your position.

But then again, if I deliberately did something like that then it'd be clear I didn't give a shit about anyone else, and thus would feel no shame at resorting to such underhanded tactics.
    Do you think players on a PVP realm aiming for realm first just walk by and wave at each other when power leveling?

Quote Originally Posted by JakeCC View Post
    lol at the buttfurious people who want all his achievements.
    'His' ? They may be listed on his character - but I'd be curious to know how many achievement points HE actually earned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neetz View Post
    Do you think players on a PVP realm aiming for realm first just walk by and wave at each other when power leveling?
    The guild got realm first.... the guild should be given the achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a very distinct difference to killing people when you see them to getting your friends to hunt all other competition down and consistently grief them to the point of preventing all levelling by them so you can get your realm first. If you can't see the difference then I don't know what else to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrimjaws View Post
    How do you have realm first 90 on 9 different classes? :O

Gz btw
    They transfer'd to a low-pop PVP realm. Then they multi-boxed all their toons together while their guild killed anyone who made the mistake of trying to level and beat them.

In short...HE did not get it alone. It required him, a large sum of money, some tech know-how, and a chunk of his guild to act as enforcers.

They don't, they kill each other, it happens.

HOWEVER

The way he did it was disgusting.

Period.

It's one thing for TWO people levelling on opposing factions clashing as they level and one eventually winning over the other, it's an entirely different story when someone has an entire guild ganking/camping anyone who is ahead of him until he passes them up. That's not honest gameplay, that's bull****

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    'His' ? They may be listed on his character - but I'd be curious to know how many achievement points HE actually earned.
    Probably a lot of them, it's not completely farfetched if you think hard enough about it.

Achivements have been out since the pre-Wrath patch, he could've been working on most of those original ones as soon as they came out, and ever since then. The thing that people seem to be screaming about though is the realm first 90 achievements, saying it's impossible. Well, with the help of an entire guild, ganking every single other leveller out there, I'm sure he had an absolute SHIT-TON of time to complete the achievements, considering the fact that at that point it would basically be empty levelling zones, bar his guild.

Multiboxing 9 characters effectively as well isn't the hardest thing in the world, I mean. If someone can do 62 characters at once, what's 9?

Stop trying to downplay a huge achievement, just because you don't believe that he doesn't deserve it. It may be a bit underhanded to ruin a whole server's levelling process, but it's not outside the game's legality just a bit looked down upon.

lol at the buttfurious people who want all his achievements.
    You mean the ones his guild helped him get?

You know...when they were acting as hunter-killers against anyone who logged in when he wanted to level? Or did you think he solo'd all the raids he's credited for?

I don't care about the achievement points he has. It's just more evidence that the "realm first" system is crap and encourages bad behavior.

They say if you complete every achievement you get a feat of strength for going outside, but alas it's only a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by stuartj1992 View Post
    There's a very distinct difference to killing people when you see them to getting your friends to hunt all other competition down and consistently grief them to the point of preventing all levelling by them so you can get your realm first. If you can't see the difference then I don't know what else to tell you.
    I've been on some seriously dead realms before, but even then, there were still far more people (combining Ally with Horde) levelling than anyone could reasonable hunt down and kill EVERYONE trying to level. Even the ones levelling in dungeons? They managed to hunt them did they? That takes mad skillz.

- - - Updated - - -

Multiboxing 9 characters effectively as well isn't the hardest thing in the world, I mean. If someone can do 62 characters at once, what's 9?.
    to QUEST? How would that even work? its not like they could all be in one raid group. He'd have to have done half the quests at least twice. (Which wouldn't have left him much time to Fish+Mine faster than everyone else too)
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2014-04-21 at 01:18 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Would congratulate you if you didn't bully a low pop server with that scumbag technique, asshole. Geez. If world firsts are being removed, i hope they remove your world first achives with them. You didn't earn them anyways, you stole them.

I've been on some seriously dead realms before, but even then, there were still far more people (combining Ally with Horde) levelling than anyone could reasonable hunt down and kill EVERYONE trying to level. Even the ones levelling in dungeons? They managed to hunt them did they? That takes mad skillz.
    I asked myself that too, but they obviously did somehow if he got realm first for all races/classes in the same day.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was griefing I'm sure Blizzard would have had something to say about it. However it was a PVP realm and shit happens. He asked a few friends for help and I guess the competition didn't have many friends. To be on the receiving end it wouldn't have been nice no, but world pvp isn't when you're outnumbered and being camped which I am sure you all have. I'm also sure most of you have been on the delivering end at one point too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I have no idea how large his guild is. I have no idea how many his guild were going after; how many they were killing. The only information, I, or indeed we, have, is that his guild were systematically going after other people going for realm firsts to prevent them from harming the chances of this guy.

Obviously they couldn't physically be killing literally every single person levelling on the realm, nor was I suggesting that - stop being obtuse.

Regardless, it doesn't matter how many they were going after - it's safe to say if it's a guild-wide effort that it'd have been considerable. The problem I have, along with a lot of other people here, is the principle. Not the numbers, the principle. The principle of getting your guild to kill off the competition.

- - - Updated - - -

it was a PVP realm and shit happens. He asked a few friends for help and I guess the competition didn't have many friends.
    1. This is not coming across as a casual 'asking a few friends for help'. This appears to be a planned effort involving quite a few people - otherwise why say guild, and not a 'few people' instead?

2. Realm-first achievements for individual players like this should not be based on who has the largest group of friends to kill another large group of friends while they quest, that takes the vast majority of the actual effort of the individual getting the achievement out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Griefing is a word used by people who dont play on PvP realms, or people who dont like PvP. In reality its just proof that PvP servers are functioning the way they were designed to. A group of organised players are ruling the realm through PvP power, i'd say thats damn impressive and represents well, what WoW can do when players put their minds to it.

You can call it whatever you want, but its not something people should be banned or given shit over.
    If the words grief or griefing (is it even a word?) are in your mmo-related vocabulary, you have no business playing on pvp servers or playing any kind of pvp orientated video games.

You can call it whatever you want, but its not something people should be banned or given shit over.
    Agreed - however it isn't something that ONE person should take credit for. The OP posted as if 'he' earned 100% of the achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post
    Holy snap, that is insane! Gz on that!

Don't like PvP, go PvE, ain't that the motto PvP people say? Ganking is ganking, been killed many times while trying to level by some douchebags and all I get is 'Go PvE if you don't like it beatch' attitude, so don't see why you call this disgusting.

And not like he was the only one moving to low pop realms to get that FoS, and getting help by others, and far from first. Guess it's good Blizz take that away for WoD.
    You kidding me? That just goes to show how much you can do in this game, its a testament to player creativity, if anything it adds more immersion.
    I don't think you understand what the difference between PvP and actual griefing is. Ganking is an unfortunate side effect of pvp for some. I don't care, I'm all for WPvP and if we were to compare, I'm fairly certain I have more pvp achievements than you, but the intentional and systematic effort to stop multiple people from experiencing the games content by using an entire guild to prevent individuals from playing the game IS griefing whether you claim it's pvp or not. Blizz has already defined this as griefing.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Griefing is a word used by people who dont play on PvP realms, or people who dont like PvP. In reality its just proof that PvP servers are functioning the way they were designed to. A group of organised players are ruling the realm through PvP power, i'd say thats damn impressive and represents well, what WoW can do when players put their minds to it.

Griefing is a word used by people who actually know what the term means: deliberately ruining the game experience of another. Doesn't matter if it's a PvP realm or not, if you're on a low pop realm and you're facing an entire guild of people going out of their way to kill you time after time (and thus lack the ability to call for sufficient help to counteract it), then how is that not ruining your experience, and therefore an act of griefing?

It may not be ban-worthy, but in the case of doing so to prevent another player from getting a realm-first so your mate can, it certainly is scummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Would congratulate you if you didn't bully a low pop server with that scumbag technique, asshole. Geez. If world firsts are being removed, i hope they remove your world first achives with them. You didn't earn them anyways, you stole them.

I asked myself that too, but they obviously did somehow if he got realm first for all races/classes in the same day.
    I wouldn't be surprised if methods were used outside of the game to prevent those who were leveling in dungeons.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.