Need to make a decision: find a group to extend my lockout of SOOor try heroic 25m?

Hi all,

Running into a bit of a dilemma. A couple of weeks ago someone posted that they were looking for DPS for a 25 man group for Siege. Seeing that my paladin was already an alternate for my main 10 man guild, I figured I would give it a whirl on my Windwalker Monk and see how far they can get. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this group was quite competent and able to get up to Thok in one three hour span. This past Wednesday I was out of town visiting family and they replaced me and got up to Phase 2 of Garrosh. On Sunday, I was lucky to get a spot and we tried a couple of attempts and made it to phase 3. At that time, I was removed by the raid leader because I was the lowest DPS on the chart pulling 140-150k on average (stupid flex weapon, I may have 556 ilvl but its mostly in the lower dps contributing items (neck, gloves, legendary cloak, etc). Since then I looked over a few guides, dropped about 2k haste for pure agility or agility/crit gems, and was able to average about 180k on target dummies (yes I know my sim says I should be at 260k, but I'm still learning how to better myself). However, now the raid leader wants to start 25man heroics instead of ensuring that everyone is geared enough to beat Garrosh on normal. Further, since they now have 3-4 dps in the wings as backups, I am not sure it is wise to give up my 11/14 lock on normal for a 1/14 heroic kill, especially if I am not on the raid roster for the rest of the week. Keep in mind that I am 13/14 between my protection paladin and my windwalker. and would like to get the title/mount before it goes away. That being said, what would you do? Do I actually have high enough DPS to handle heroic 25 man successfully?

I always view Garrosh as "I'll inflate my numbers in phase 1 so that during the down time of some transitions my numbers will even out to be above what I sim to." If you sim to 260k dps and you are only able to do 150k, I'd say there is something wrong in your rotation. Maybe look into your opener, buff/debuff uptime, positioning, or not spamming buttons fast enough. There is something there that is not going right for yourself. This seems more like a monk forum thread then a raid discussion, but to answer your question. I would really research parses on Worldoflogs and on warcraftlogs and see what other people are using for talents and abilities and see what their buff/debuff uptimes are and compare them to my own, try to fix my issues and then I would feel comfortable going into heroics at any ilvl past 550. If you arent running your own warcraftlogs already then why arent you? You can have your own personal logs that help you be a better dps.

Deleted
    Not sure if i understand your question properly, but even if you have 1/14 HC save, you can still join another group later in the week to clear Garrosh normal.
    (as long as that group didn't kill any heroics)