Deleted

New Laptop - Trouble deciding

Hello all!

Since I found MMO-Champions advice valuable for the issue of which cooler I should use, I want to pose a question to you all again!

My sister is upgrading her laptop. The one she has now is incredibly old and wants a change!

It's a toss up between:
    TOSHIBA - E1-2100 CPU, 4GB RAM and 750GB HDD
    Packard Bell - Celeron N2805 CPU, 2GB RAM and 320GB HDD

She would need to use it mainly as storage for Photos and Music. No films nor games.

I suggested the 320GB one as that seems to more suit her needs but the other one is a bit of a good deal. However with the E1-2100 CPU I read somewhere that it doesn't support NX Bit. Is this needed for Windows 8 and is it a security hazard?

Cheers peeps!

I have had great luck with Toshiba lap tops. They have actually been all that we ever really owned. I think Lenovo also makes great lap tops that review very well, but between the two, I would have to go with the Toshiba.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Deleted
    Both have horribly underpowered CPUs. Medium priced smartphone has better CPU. For sake of your sister's sanity, get something with at least Core i3.

E: This beats the crap out of both of those http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptop...Info=price-asc
    Last edited by mmoc58ad131b44; 2014-04-22 at 05:17 PM.

Depending on what demanding things your sister does, a Chromebook might be interesting?

Since she's not treading on grounds Chromebooks cannot handle well (games/movies, except netflix and such that work excellent).
    They're very cheap, easy to use, lightweight and the batteries last for whole days at uni (at least does for me!).

Just throwing that out there as well. :P

Deleted
    Thank you to all who have responded so far! <3

Quote Originally Posted by samthing View Post
    Both have horribly underpowered CPUs. Medium priced smartphone has better CPU. For sake of your sister's sanity, get something with at least Core i3.

E: This beats the crap out of both of those http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptop...Info=price-asc
    I was concerned about the CPUs power as well. The one you've linked is better than the one my sister was intending to buy (Packard Bell). This one has more memory, more space and a better CPU so I can't really complain. We're gonna go for that one.

Cheers!