Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Now I understand the terror of Salandrin.

But no, I don't have unnatural hate for other people, and I don't have mental issues. So I just treat other players like people, like you should.

Deleted
    I took inspiration from somthing I saw on WoWhead ages ago and I used to macro the following to my Hymn of Hope:

Manaaa Ooooh
    Cast a heal over his head
    Fought the boss but he's not dead
    Oh Mana, heals had just begun
    But now all my mana's gone away
    /oom

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    In a grouped PvP environment, psychology can be a big part of the game. Taunts have always worked in real life and will work in game. As a dps, if you piss off the other rogue with /spit /lol /dance or whatever, he might just go for you next time instead of your healer.

I have done this with various degrees of success. I have actually had a comeback because of this as well. So yeah, emotes can be used quite strategically.
    Doesn't really work on me, I just report and they get auto-ignored.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The only one I ever used was /roar with battle shout but it got annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Nope and I report anyone who does.
    You must be fun at parties.

I used to do /laugh because it pisses people off and most peoples play was laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually run around with SpeakinSpell up, it's a much better alternative to macro'ing /s things to my spells. Spells that have a high usage (Smite, Holy Fire, Penance etc) are set to have a low proc chance on cast of causing the emote to go off. Raid cooldowns and resurrections and stuff have 100% chance etc. They're the usual goofy/fun/pseudo-RP type things one would expect.

I turn it off in BGs and LFR/raids because I don't want to be 'that guy' with the annoying emotes going off all the time. It's a fun thing to use in 5 mans and guild runs though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That's how it starts. Next thing you know it's 3am and people are still being wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The fact that he's chirping means he's a male, and he's chirping because he wants sexy times, which he's obviously not going to get.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    You must be fun at parties.

I used to do /laugh because it pisses people off and most peoples play was laughable.
    and it was usually followed by "reported for spamming" interesting enough I've never seen anyone getting banned for doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    So far it seems only the most childish players do things like that. If I'm bested by my opponent they deserve my respect. If I best them, they deserve my respect. That kind of crap is the purview of 12 year olds.

If only more people behaved like you the PvP community in WoW wouldn't be as toxic as it is.

OT: Only time I ever /spit on people is if I've been camped by someone while farming/questing. I usually let campers kill me without resistance a couple of times till they get bored, usually works and they leave me alone. On the rare occasion that they don't leave I'll get on a toon with PvP gear and kill them a few times till they leave the area. That's when I do harass them with emotes, not because I'm trying to be a hypocritical douche but just to embarrass/annoy them enough that they will leave me the hell alone.

It's actually funny when people stop to do /emotes after they kill you in BG's usually gets them killed while they are typing.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. If you de wish to taunt, at least put some effort into doing so by typing it out.

So far it seems only the most childish players do things like that. If I'm bested by my opponent they deserve my respect. If I best them, they deserve my respect. That kind of crap is the purview of 12 year olds.
    I only taunt enemy players when they:
    1) Group gank me, then when I 1v1 they run away, in which case if they die I /spit and /rofl.
    2) They decided to taunt me first.
    3) They decide to tunnel me 24/7 in a BG, in which case I gladly /lol at them when they die, or even worse, slice them up in motes with my Gin-Ji Knifeset.
    4) They're a healer, in which case I usually /lol at them when they die 1v1 or when they're notably a bad player, yet because they're a healer they manage to live without even casting a single spell. This counts more towards MW monks.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    and it was usually followed by "reported for spamming" interesting enough I've never seen anyone getting banned for doing so.
    I'm fairly sure that most people wouldn't advertise it when/if they get a temp ban, it's not exactly something to be proud about unless you are some kind of misfit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    Do you attach insulting emotes to all your abilities?
    I don't, can't remember that I ever did it though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    just a laugh macro and: "(blank) thinks to himself, did you really think a fail ass noob like you could kill me!?". to salt the wounds.
    Found the kind of person everyone's referring to.

10+ Year Old Account
    no...spitting on people you are healing wouldn't make your group happy (i assume)

I guess people still do that. When they are 9. Using insults macro'd into your abilities is just patheticaly sad

15+ Year Old Account
    No, and anyone who does needs to take a look at themselves, cause they just look childish.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Asshat View Post
    Found the kind of person everyone's referring to.
    and my response to that is go ahead and laugh at my ass too. it only makes me want to pwn you harder.

Can you even imagine how dumb that would look? Just constant, unending spam of "spits on you spits on you spits on you spits on you spits on you."

I mean, it would make sense if you were playing a jawless undead.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would just make you look immature.

Taunting here and there is fine , Constant spamming of a specific offensive emote just comes off as strange.

If you beat them how do they deserve your respect? They lost... they deserve NOTHING!

Hell no. I would say I grew away from that sort of behaviour 15 years ago, but I never behaved that way to begin with.

Gracious in victory, THAT'S cool.