Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Do we really need a new version of this thread made every day?

SOME legendaries are OP. Yes.

I should just keep that in my copy buffer all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I don't know how I feel about Legendaries, I mean I only have a couple but since one is Raggy another Sylvanas they're not too OP together in a deck.
    I dislike the decks with like 3/4 high cost Legendaries though. It'd be cool if they did something like Legendary Mana cost per deck. Say 18. Then you can have 2 big ones, or 3/4 lesser onces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Last time I played, my Ragnaros got MCd and buffed with Divine Spirit
    Had to use like 4 cards and 2 minions to deal with it

MC overpowered?
    No.
    Legendaries aren't that much more powerful, they are situational and go down just like everything else if the opponent has the cards to do it.
    That said, I'd agree with a limit of 1 or 2 legendaries per deck. Make them into real trump cards.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    SOME legendaries are OP. Yes.

I should just keep that in my copy buffer all the time.
    In saying that, there are some non-legendaries which are more OP than legendaries.

One of best creatures (shaman's Fire Elemental) is basic card. Do notice that current meta is really fast (hunter and zoo warlock), and most legendaries are way too slow to play and just become liabilities in decks. With Pagle and Tinkmaster nerfs current top decks aren't running more than 1 or 2 legendaries, aside from warrior and priest because late game control are their only viable decks.

Most Legendary's suck, they are too much mana, and have been over-nerfed.

Tinkmaster, and Sylvanas nerfs were completely over the top, yet stuff like UTH/Warrior Control/Warlock Hero Power hasn't been nerfed yet. It's a bit ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    So because you don't have good cards you don't want anybody else to be able to use their good cards? what's next, nobody can use anything but the basic deck with no modifications because you don't think its fair they have commons and rares you don't?
    I know you're being sarcastic, but I would totally find that much more fun. It does kinda go against the whole "encourage them to buy packs!" thing, which is kinda hearthstones reason for existing. Ah well *shrugs*
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Yeah, that's why Kolento is #1 legend in both NA and EU and almost legend in Asia as well with a 6 rares 7 commons and 17 basic cards deck.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Legendaries are only powerful if you're an idiot and don't have the capacity to use your cards wisely (or how to make a deck for that matter).

The cheap legendairies are easily removeable and if your opponent isn't about dead by round 8-10 when he brings out a big legendary then you should get a clue on how to build a deck instead of complaining about legendary cards.

This thread is populated by two kinds of ignorance, one overestimating the power of legendaries and one underestimating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    In saying that, there are some non-legendaries which are more OP than legendaries.
    A few yeah.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-04-24 at 12:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

No, you can silence them, you can destroy them, you can steal them, you can do so much in this game...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sluggs View Post
    You can build very powerful decks without the need for legendaries or at the very least only need 1-2 of them, which is not hard to craft at all if you want to focus on a certain class on build. Most of the legendaries are not even that good to begin with.

Here is a deck that I am currently trying to reach legendary rank with it has 0 legendaries, 0 epics and 6 rares.

Hunter

2 Hunters Mark
    2 Flares
    2 Tracking
    2 Stonetusk Boar
    2 Timber Wolf
    1 Dire Wolf Alpha
    1 River Crocolisk
    1 Ironbeak Owl
    2 Scavenging Hyena
    2 Starving Buzzard
    2 Animal Companion
    1 Deadly Shot
    2 Kill Command
    2 Houndmaster
    2 Stampeding Kodo
    2 Savannah Highmane

This deck won one of the biggest Hearthstone tournaments ever and is doing pretty well in ranked play but has a very high skill ceiling so it requires much knowledge of when to combo out with unleash + buzzard. Some versions run leeroy, yes a legendary but would likely have a different configuration because this version relies on controlling the board and not just rushing down the opponent.

In the end you will be a bit restricted on the decks you can build without access to alexstraza, ysera or rag but you should be able to build competitive decks that don't just fold to these cards if you know how to construct your deck properly and also most important of all be critical on your play and find out what you need to improve on.
    Using the broken hunter deck as a counter argument to legendaries being to powerful isn't really a good idea. Just because there are some horribly broken common cards/combos, that doesn't mean some of the legendaries aren't too strong too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    Using the broken hunter deck as a counter argument to legendaries being to powerful isn't really a good idea. Just because there are some horribly broken common cards/combos, that doesn't mean some of the legendaries aren't too strong too.
    Yes if you read my post I know there are powerful legendaries and some decks do require them. If you want more decklists with 0-1 legendaries in them here you go.

2 Soulfire
    2 Mortal Coil
    2 Argent Squire
    2 Flame Imp
    2 Shieldbearer
    2 Voidwalker
    2 Young Priestess
    2 Dire Wolf Alpha
    2 Knife Juggler
    2 Harvest Golem
    2 Scarlet Crusader
    2 Shattered Sun Cleric
    2 Defender of Argus
    2 Doomguard
    2 Argent Commander

This is a very common lock deck in ranked play that does pretty well. Runs 10 rares, 0 epics and 0 legendaries.

Remember most legendaries have no impact on board the turn they come into play (ragnaros and leeroy being exceptions for most part) Ysera and alex require your whole turn to use and are terrible VS this aggro lock deck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sluggs View Post
    Yes if you read my post I know there are powerful legendaries and some decks do require them. If you want more decklists with 0-1 legendaries in them here you go.

2 Soulfire
    2 Mortal Coil
    2 Argent Squire
    2 Flame Imp
    2 Shieldbearer
    2 Voidwalker
    2 Young Priestess
    2 Dire Wolf Alpha
    2 Knife Juggler
    2 Harvest Golem
    2 Scarlet Crusader
    2 Shattered Sun Cleric
    2 Defender of Argus
    2 Doomguard
    2 Argent Commander

This is a very common lock deck in ranked play that does pretty well. Runs 10 rares, 0 epics and 0 legendaries.

Remember most legendaries have no impact on board the turn they come into play (ragnaros and leeroy being exceptions for most part) Ysera and alex require your whole turn to use and are terrible VS this aggro lock deck.
    Ah yes the other cheese fest deck. Try a lowcost deck for a class that isn't huntard or lock and see how it can't be improved by certain legendaries. Or don't bother, it's clear to me you are one of the many rushdown tards who know no better way to play but like to pretend their decks take skill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    Ah yes the other cheese fest deck. Try a lowcost deck for a class that isn't huntard or lock and see how it can't be improved by certain legendaries. Or don't bother, it's clear to me you are one of the many rushdown tards who know no better way to play but like to pretend their decks take skill.
    Well if you actually looked over hunter decklist (because you clearly don't know what an aggro deck is) you would realize that that is not an easy deck to play and is not an aggressive deck in the least it is using unleash the hounds to clear board and win the game by drawing through most of the deck. Also your bad attitude and just lack of knowledge of how much skill you need to actually be good playing these decks shows that all you can do is blame these legendaries (some are really good, you don't wanna make them all bad because then no one would have anything to work towards) for losing and not your lack of skill and poor play.

For control this what I have been playing the most

2x Earth Shock
    2x Forked Lightning
    2x Lightning Bolt
    2x Flametounge Totem
    1x Stormforged Axe
    2x Feral Spirit
    2x Hex
    2x Lava Burst
    2x Lightning Storm
    2x Mana Tide Totem
    2x Unbound Elemental
    2x Defender of Argus
    2x Azure Drake
    2x Earth Elemental
    2x Fire Elemental
    1x Ragnaros the Firelord

You can change around the config depending on the meta I wouldn't recommend 2 earth elementals right now but you can adjust depending on how much you see big game hunter.
    Last edited by sluggs; 2014-04-24 at 03:59 PM.

Pagle is mainly used as a control decoy. It makes your opponent decide whether an 0/4 is worth blowing a Poly/Hex/Swipe on to clear him when he doesn't pose an immediate threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    my mate has a deck that's got like half ofthe legendaries in it. so funny watching him play it.
    i made a deck of nothing but legendaries and lost a good deal of the time. legendary cards only work with a supporting theme of your deck and not by themselves. that being said my deck usually has around 5-7 of them. Any more and they lose effectiveness.

Legendaries are the same as any other OP card/combination -- you just have to figure out how to beat them. If you're having trouble figuring it out, you're probably missing some fundamental aspect of the game (like the people who play all of their minions ASAP vs. a mage who hasn't yet used a flamestrike).
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    I have no problems whatsoever against legendaries in general, Doesn't take away from the fact that some of them are clearly to powerful.
    Pretending lock/hunter takes skill is just trying to make that bad itch of your guilt go away.