Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by poddancer View Post
    How much do you reckon the movie will bank?
    Quite a bit, even if just current WoW subscribers goes to the movie, that's 8 million x 13$ box office ticket. That's ~104,000,000 in guaranteed box office revenue.

On top of that, people are going to drag their families to these movies, not to mention the regular joes and random people who decide that Warcraft is the movie they are going to watch that week.

It probably won't be a billion dollar blockbuster like Avatar or Dark Knight but I'm sure it won't be a total flop.
    You just lost The Game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I dont think every single WoW player would go see it
    Not everyone, but it can't be denied that that's a solid base of people who are very likely to see it, plus friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I dont think every single WoW player would go see it
    Obviously not everyone, but Warcraft players are definitely the target demographic here.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Obviously not everyone, but Warcraft players are definitely the target demographic here.
    I doubt they're the target demographics, it's nowhere near big enough to target a 250 million project at, especially considering most players are foreign markets which they get less money from, and most from China were film isn't as widely spread (if what I have read in the past is correct) and they pay nowhere near close to what Americans or Europeans do.

Plus, they can count on most western WoW players going to see it, so they really don't need to target them at all.

Blizzard need to market HARD at the your every day man and woman, get rid of the stigma of WoW straight away on the product, and push that it's a fantasy epic in the same style as LOTR or GoT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I doubt they're the target demographics, it's nowhere near big enough to target a 250 million project at, especially considering most players are foreign markets which they get less money from, and most from China were film isn't as widely spread (if what I have read in the past is correct) and they pay nowhere near close to what Americans or Europeans do.

Plus, they can count on most western WoW players going to see it, so they really don't need to target them at all.

Blizzard need to market HARD at the your every day man and woman, get rid of the stigma of WoW straight away on the product, and push that it's a fantasy epic in the same style as LOTR or GoT.
    Fantasy epic yeah but LOTR has a tidbit of *realism*. It's sort of in the same area of Clash of the Titans(With the Greek Gods and stuff).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Fantasy epic yeah but LOTR has a tidbit of *realism*. It's sort of in the same area of Clash of the Titans(With the Greek Gods and stuff).
    They might try do a bit more gritty realism to appeal to the Nolan market

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    They might try do a bit more gritty realism to appeal to the Nolan market
    A Dark Souls feel to the Warcraft story would be incredible. Judging from the first photos though I can see this going more of the Hobbit though..
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    A Dark Souls feel to the Warcraft story would be incredible. Judging from the first photos though I can see this going more of the Hobbit though..
    With Fantasy elements Lots of Fantasy. I think the bigger problem is something everyone's overlooked.

Who's going to be..Jenkins.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

This looks terrible.