Cool 800 dollar amd build

Now im looking for a fx-8350 build to see what peeps put out there. I have a couple friends that are running the fx-8350 with maxed graphics in wow and other various games and want to see what you peeps can throw together for 800 us dollars

- - - Updated - - -

so if i said intel i would get like 700 post rofl. Intel peeps

Deleted
    It's common sense to pick Intel these days. Getting AMD cpu is like shooting yourself in the knee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorz View Post
    Now im looking for a fx-8350 build to see what peeps put out there. I have a couple friends that are running the fx-8350 with maxed graphics in wow and other various games and want to see what you peeps can throw together for 800 us dollars

- - - Updated - - -

so if i said intel i would get like 700 post rofl. Intel peeps
    To be fair the only information you provided is country, budget, and 1 game. Fill in the rest and we can get started.

Monitor resolution
    Games / Settings Desired
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    Parts that can be reused
    Do you need an OS?
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

i only need mobo cpu ram hd/ssd/psu/gpu tower and cd/drive. Dont need anything else but the tower built. Res will be 1600+

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    It's common sense to pick Intel these days. Getting AMD cpu is like shooting yourself in the knee.
    Exactly this.

AMD themselves have openly stated that they will be slowly abandoning the desktop CPU market, leaving Intel as the clear dominating winner.

The latest intel CPUs simply wipe the floor with anything AMD has to offer, both in terms of software support, compatibility with games and even overclocking.

And dont ever think of buying the AMD 8 core cpu... all the reviews and tech opinions i have read and heard rate it as a horrible horrible CPU, performing horribly in gaming and having some minor use in some very specialized professional 8-core optimized software.

As far as GPU goes it is well known that INtel and Nvidia cooperate together in order to fight their biggest rival (AMD), so not only do they work better in tandem (on average) but Nvidia has undoubtedly much better drivers and the ability to "buy" their way into gaming development so that games are optimized for nvidia.

Remember the Battlefield Bad Company 2 bug where AMD GPU users had 10 times longer loading compared to the NVidia users... AMD never fixed this bug.

Not to mention that NVidia physics is AMAZING, check out diablo 3 and starcraft 2 on maxed out Nvidia and ATI machines - Nvidia ones have full physics, ATI ones have almost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    As far as GPU goes it is well known that INtel and Nvidia cooperate together in order to fight their biggest rival (AMD), so not only do they work better in tandem (on average) but Nvidia has undoubtedly much better drivers and the ability to "buy" their way into gaming development so that games are optimized for nvidia.
    It's more about advertising. It's just that they can publish Drivers that are in top notch performance on launch day, nothing to do with "more performance than AMD" after a week or so when AMD is done with their optimization driver.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Exactly this.

AMD themselves have openly stated that they will be slowly abandoning the desktop CPU market, leaving Intel as the clear dominating winner.

The latest intel CPUs simply wipe the floor with anything AMD has to offer, both in terms of software support, compatibility with games and even overclocking.

And dont ever think of buying the AMD 8 core cpu... all the reviews and tech opinions i have read and heard rate it as a horrible horrible CPU, performing horribly in gaming and having some minor use in some very specialized professional 8-core optimized software.

Remember the Battlefield Bad Company 2 bug where AMD GPU users had 10 times longer loading compared to the NVidia users... AMD never fixed this bug.

Not to mention that NVidia physics is AMAZING, check out diablo 3 and starcraft 2 on maxed out Nvidia and ATI machines - Nvidia ones have full physics, ATI ones have almost nothing.
    Can you please just stop spreading nonsense.

AMD is still in the desktop market. They are stopping with their FX line (I give you that) but are now focusing on their APU line.
    The 8xxx line doesnt perform horrible. It doesnt perform as good as intel, in say MMO's. But in games that uses multiple cores (and tend to be GPU bound) they perform the same as intel.

Intel works just as well with AMD gpu's as it does with Nvidia. If anything, as of late the nvidia drivers are crap compared to AMD (putting it black/white). Drivers of both companies have their issues. There have been more gaming evolved titles lately than there are TWIMTB titles (plus you got mantle for AMD)

Funny, I played BC2 years ago on a 460 and as it happens tried it 2 weeks ago again. Loading times were not 10 times longer.

AFAIK, D3 and SC dont have PhysX. So both should perform pretty much the same, depending on how good your GPU is.

As far as the physics goes, two of my friends have been playing sc2 and diablo 3 on ultra (maxed out) settings.

One had nvidia gpu and the other had ati gpu (i7 cpu, 8gb ram, similar pcs) - the nvidia one has amazing full physics, the ati one had pretty much no physics.

We fiddled around game settings and ati driver software control panel, but nothing could make the ati one have even 1/100th of the physics that the nvidia one had.

Overall my point stands true, if you are buying CPUs there is zero reason to pick AMD - just go Intel and you will be much happier.

10+ Year Old Account
    For whatever reason (I'm not sure of what it is, but it isn't PhysX), Blizzard games seem to function better on nVidia. WoW gets a small benefit. D3 gets a small benefit. But for some reason, SC2 just runs like.. twice as good on nVidia cards. I have no idea why. Even an old 570 does twice as much as the 7970.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    For whatever reason (I'm not sure of what it is, but it isn't PhysX), Blizzard games seem to function better on nVidia. WoW gets a small benefit. D3 gets a small benefit. But for some reason, SC2 just runs like.. twice as good on nVidia cards. I have no idea why. Even an old 570 does twice as much as the 7970.
    Also chiming in on this, AMD cards have had a lot of issues in the past years in WoW compared to Nvidia. I remember some people from my guild not being able to play WoW for more than a few hours during launch of MoP launch weeks until AMD released a driver update.

LEMME JUST HIJACK THIS THREAD back to what the original poster asked for.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($35.98 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock 990FX Extreme4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($144.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($199.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ Micro Center)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $777.88
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-28 11:05 EDT-0400)

When all is said and done, this is about as good as it gets for AMD under $800. I would just buy an SSD later in all honesty. The reason for the Extreme 4mobo is, the 8350 is power hungry and an Extreme3 doesn't have enough cpu power connectors to give the 8350 what it wants and to still be able to overclock.

Overall this will perform fairly well in almost all games, but it will not be able to sustain ULTRA settings and consistent frames. IMHO
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP already switched to an Intel build and made a thread about it here. Gonna close this one.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab