Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothh View Post
    Disc is faceroll, don't kid yourself. Even the nuances to padding aren't that difficult. As long as you know how to sync AA + DS and are good with micromanaging your CDs/procs, you're pretty much going to do well. The factors that dictate how well you parse are pretty much out of your control - namely raid comp (note: be the only Disc Priest if you want to parse and have a token Shaman or two for MTT) and strategy (whether guilds will utilize strategies to let healers pad).
    You can faceroll if you want, but if you do I'll outperform the shit out of you. Sure, if you're going to do LFR/normal you can probably beat your other healers because of how OP disc is if they're only facerolling as well (this is also only true in 25m). However, when you go up against a disc who actually knows what they're doing you're going to get shit on.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    You can faceroll if you want, but if you do I'll outperform the shit out of you. Sure, if you're going to do LFR/normal you can probably beat your other healers because of how OP disc is if they're only facerolling as well (this is also only true in 25m). However, when you go up against a disc who actually knows what they're doing you're going to get shit on.
    Pretty sure I'll still beat you. What nuances are there for Disc healing that you believe to be incredibly difficult? Making a macro to cast HF on adds to maximize ToF uptime isn't hard. Syncing AA with your level 90 talents (especially DS) isn't too. Maximizing LMG procs is pretty simple as is knowing how to abuse the cloak proc via PoH spam/Penance.

Heck, the only thing 'difficult' about Disc is the pre-encounter effort required to know boss timers to plan your casts accordingly, but even so, it essentially boils down to 'use level 90 talents and SS on CD' on most encounters if you want to parse.

Pretty sure I'll still beat you. What nuances are there for Disc healing that you believe to be incredibly difficult? Making a macro to cast HF on adds to maximize ToF uptime isn't hard. Syncing AA with your level 90 talents (especially DS) isn't too. Maximizing LMG procs is pretty simple as is knowing how to abuse the cloak proc via PoH spam/Penance.

Heck, the only thing 'difficult' about Disc is the pre-encounter effort required to know boss timers to plan your casts accordingly, but even so, it essentially boils down to 'use level 90 talents and SS on CD' on most encounters if you want to parse.
    When did I say incredibly difficult? There's a difference between not faceroll and incredibly difficult.

Deleted
    Yes because disc is the one and only healing class who :

- abuses LMG procs ;
    - Plan burst damage so it can deliver the most heal the moment it lands ;
    - has an incredibbly useful spell when stacked.

/sarcasm off

Now I'm not saying anything regarding the tuning of those spells for disc. But if you don't play that way with every other healer in the game, then you're doing something wrong :/
    You can consider that way of playing faceroll for any other spec currently. Hell, with the gear we can currently get, I'd better take my resto shamy and #afkhealingrain most of SoO fight if I want to deliver HPS while doing something else... <--It's never good to oversimplify something just to prove a point : it's never accurate and it hurts people feelings

Disc isn't that hard.

Then again, no healer under current design is that hard. Can we stop the pissing match?

By your logic, every other healer is stupidly easy aswell. I don't disagree with that, mind - I'm just saying, "doing well" as a healer is as hard as hitting your abilities on CD, and never sitting in downtime. Just as with a dps really. To reinforce the point -

Resto shaman: Keep ES+riptide on tank, HST on CD, Healing rain on CD, spam chain heal into tank and done.
    Resto druid: Place Efflo, keep Lifebloom on tank, Swiftmend into WG on CD, spam rejuv.
    Holy Paladin: Beacon a tank, keep HS+Judgement on CD and spam LoD/Radiance if Selfless healer. If EF, Keep HS on CD and spam Radiance, getting EF on as many people as possible.

I don't have a monk, so can't "simplify" that for you, but I'm sure you get the idea. As it stands, the preperation that a disc has to go through in order to absorb incomming raid damage is probably the most "advanced" thing in the healer world, as all the other healers are reactionary. Maybe except for a resto druid, but they're going to have rejuvs rolling on half the raid regardless of the situation anyway.