Guilds in WoD - losing perks?

I seem to recall, I could be way off

but are guilds losing their perks in WoD? are we getting extra levels? I'm sure they said that they were removing guild perks?

I'm pretty sure they talked about removing perks in WoD aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    I'm pretty sure they talked about removing perks in WoD aswell.
    I'm pretty sure they did not.

What has been stated is they have no intention to increase level cap of guilds or add more perks. In their words: "Guild levels and guild perks accomplished what we wanted them to."
    The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.

No they didn't. Guild perks are here to stay, they encourage people to be in guilds and be sociable, which Blizzard likes. They've never mentioned anything about removing them, certainly not in WoD discussions.
    Cantor

9/9 gold MoP CMs | 8/8 WoD Gold CMs | 7/7 M Emerald Nightmare | 6/10 M Nighthold

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be pointless to remove guild perks when they are very useful already. If anyone plans on showing a source then we can currently say that this is rubbish.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

I love the hormonal teenager responses.

I didn't say anything was deffo, I simply said that I recalled.. I recall lots of things, like when the internet wasn't populated with angsty idiots who jump down your neck for having a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post

I didn't say anything was deffo, I simply said that I recalled.. I recall lots of things, like when the internet wasn't populated with angsty idiots who jump down your neck for having a thought.
    You recall incorrectly on both parts. Blizz never said it and the Internet has always been populated by jackasses. I've been around since before it was a thing so I'd think I'd know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

The guy at Blizzcon, who seems to be there asking guild questions every year, he was more angry this time, it's great, watching an evolution...anyway he asked if they were expanding guild perks and they said no, the current ones are staying, though I'd rather they be removed and just added to your character whilst levelling instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Potassiumgluconate View Post
    I'm pretty sure they did not.

What has been stated is they have no intention to increase level cap of guilds or add more perks. In their words: "Guild levels and guild perks accomplished what we wanted them to."
    That is the most recent mention, but it was previously stated that they did want to remove guild levelling, as that number mattered more to many people than the people in it.
    And so with the removal of guild levelling, it was likely some perks would be removed.
    I think the passive ones like x percentage on rep or honor should have gone if that had happened.

It seems though they did a u-turn.
    A real pity, though as it would have been a good fix.

I don't have a quote to hand, but as several people do recall that conversation, you can't just call it out as wrong "because I did not see it".
    That certainly was stated a while back.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-05-02 at 04:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post

I didn't read anything angsty or idiotic, just answers to your questions. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    That is the most recent mention, but it was previously stated that they did want to remove guild levelling, as that number mattered more to many people than the people in it.
    And so with the removal of guild levelling, it was likely some perks would be removed.
    I think the passive ones like x percentage on rep or honor should have gone if that had happened.

It seems though they did a u-turn.
    A real pity, though as it would have been a good fix.

I don't have a quote to hand, but as several people do recall that conversation, you can't just call it out as wrong "because I did not see it".
    That certainly was stated a while back.
    If anything the guild perks would be baseline in every guild. People are put off from joining low level guilds due to them not having the perks. If every guild that is created has all the perks available as soon as it is made then people would join different guilds. I don't see the perks going away though.

I wish, it sucks being screwed for being in a small family guild. I have never seen them mention it, though.

Would be good if they removed the perks from guilds and granted them to the player by default. Leveling some professions without Working Overtime II is a pain because at points you'e reliant on Green/Yellow skills. Farming Honor and JP Gear without either Honorable Mention II or For Great Justice II is a pain because it's 10% and 20% slower. Hell, even the Bandage Perk should be made baselines just to make them worthwhile using. Not to mention the Run Speed, the Rep perks an Mass Ress.